2006-06-17 - Lewiston, NY - Artpark

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

WOW, Chagrin Falls, Putting Down, Greasy Jungle and Dont Wake Daddy. That is awesome, I'm glad to see a little variety in the setlists thus far
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

AWESOME SHOW!! Setlist was perfect and sooooooooo different from the night before in Pittsburgh. The only songs played both nights were Rink, Drop Off, Meridian, BobC and ABAC.

Thanks for the beers Brian. Tons of fun tailgating before the show.

How was the bar last night? I drove by the place on my way out and the patio looked packed.

Great to hear it was recorded. See ya'll in Guelph.

Top 10 show for me too!!

Jamie
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

The bar was packed, we had a good time but didn't stay long. We then went to denny's were I ordered the roast duck with mango salsa and the waitress told me she had lost her appetitie...lol Being drunk is so much fun, then you have to wake up the next morning.
gibbytime39
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gibbytime39 »

[quote="brian1175"] We then went to denny's were I ordered the roast duck with mango salsa and the waitress told me she had lost her appetitie...lol quote]

lol........nice meeting you Brian and Jen 2.
there was a lot of stuff being thrown at the stage. i dont think Artpark were ready for the drunken crowd. lots of skirmishes and falling down drunk people. worse than a Bills game by far.
to the guy that kept beating on my shoulders: you dont know how close i was to knocking your teeth out. everyone around you were hoping i would too. :x i like to drink and have a good time and let off some steam but when your actions disrupt all the people around you and the only audible words you could muster were " you dont understand how much i love the hip." either learn how to drink or switch NA's.
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

Wow what a setlist!!! I'm so upset that I couldn't make this show!! Oh well I'm glad that everyone had a great time!!
foats
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by foats »

this was an amazing show. I did videotape the whole show and it will be up for download as well as the pittsburgh show very soon. I plan on sending a few copies to some of the prominent members of the site and they will distripute them to the masses. my fathers day gift to you all
cheers
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

foats wrote:this was an amazing show. I did videotape the whole show and it will be up for download as well as the pittsburgh show very soon. I plan on sending a few copies to some of the prominent members of the site and they will distripute them to the masses. my fathers day gift to you all
cheers
where were you seated? I 2 tapers, one beside me in row D and 1 in the middle row around row J'ish
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

foats wrote:this was an amazing show. I did videotape the whole show and it will be up for download as well as the pittsburgh show very soon. I plan on sending a few copies to some of the prominent members of the site and they will distripute them to the masses. my fathers day gift to you all
cheers
Thank you for taping the shows and sharing them! :thumb:
gibbytime39
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gibbytime39 »

Thanks Foats!!!!!
i'm eagerly awaiting the Lewiston show.
Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

What a great time.
We ended up parking right in front of The Hips bus. Unfortunatly The group I was with didn't want to stay and hang out so I don't know if they came out later or not. All the years I've lived in the area, that's the first time I've been to Artpark. Pretty cool place. Friends I went with sat at the top of the lawn. Hate to actually be drunk and have to "walk" down that hill. Straight down. Me and my son sat in W on the left side. I ended up in the 2nd row (after the pit) w/some friends that had tickets there. Awsome. Crowd was way into it and a great setlist. It was all over the place. Also got to meet ex-Sabres Rick Martian who was there. Cool guy.

Strange note: Did anyone have trouble trying to get onto the lawn if they didn't have lawn seats? Me seats were below but they wouldn't let me on the lawn to have a quick beer w/friends before the Hip came on. And this is after we were up there for the Sadies just hanging. Strange. Never been able NOT to DOWNGRADE my tickets before.
duderoo
New Maybe
New Maybe

77+ Artpark, Lewiston Pics!! Right from the 1st Row!

Post by duderoo »

Hey all,

Amazing show, check out the pics:

http://duderoo.com/viewalbum.php?aid=14

- K
Drez7
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Drez7 »

Corpse wrote:Also got to meet ex-Sabres Rick Martian who was there. Cool guy.
I thought he was way too good to be human anyways. I knew it all along.

Those damn martians :lol:

JK...glad to hear what a great show this was. Also cool that 1/3 of the French Connection was in the house.
gentoo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gentoo »

I was really stunned but also quite happy at how different the set list was from the night before in Pittsburgh. Great to hear No Threat (also at Guelph), as I was surprised they didn't play it in Pittsburgh. But the highlights were probably The Wherewithal (awesome!!!), We'll Go Too and Greasy. Always love hearing Chagrin as well. And hearing the "I remember Buffalo" line in Meridian in Buffalo (well, sort of) along with the accompanying roar was cool.

Nice venue, the Artpark. And nice to meet you gibbytime39, and your wife Kerry.
Vingal10
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Vingal10 »

Interesting set, great night, nice venue. I enjoyed the two new songs. The second one a little more than the 1st. Very different but great sounding guitar in those songs. I'm glad I got a look at that setlist. I thought we were cheated out of a second encore due to time. They ended at 10:52 (Artpark has an 11pm curfew?). But I see that they only had one scheduled. No Road Apples?? What's up with that?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

thehip.com lists "You See Details" on the setlist: link
Can anyone shed some light on this?

And as far as the taper being with hipfans.com... perhaps he meant that it would be shared through hipfans.com?