2006-05-27 - George, WA - The Gorge

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

thanks for the help. pretty killer tune
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

googolplex wrote:Is anyone able to record the video off the stream or rip the audio at least?

I do not think it is a good idea to be asking that sort of question here.
PortlandCarbo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by PortlandCarbo »

Check out the day 2 highlights - You see it start raining and then people cowering in the hail! Good times Tony & A, I'll never forget it!!
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

who else kicked ass that day? would love to hear how gomez were, or ben harper..wolfmother....
googolplex
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by googolplex »

bigA wrote:
googolplex wrote:Is anyone able to record the video off the stream or rip the audio at least?

I do not think it is a good idea to be asking that sort of question here.
I suppose it's on questionably "legal" grounds, but I've seen plenty of videos of the hip which were broadcast on TV or radio recordings and such distributed on the tracker before without any problems. I don't see the difference here. Anyway, it's not like the hip are making any money off this MSN stream, just your favorite computer monopoly.

That said, if this is not an OK request by the forum rules, my apologies.
PortlandCarbo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by PortlandCarbo »

Just posted pics in the gallery!
Last edited by PortlandCarbo on Mon May 29, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Wow, that was great, Thank You.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Tony(TLB) that was an excellent review! It was one of the best I have ever read. I am so geeked about seeing The Hip 3 times in the near future. Your review has me really pumped up for the summer shows.

MAv thanks for the link to the video clip! You have fulfilled my need to hear some new Hip music.
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

opiated wrote:who else kicked ass that day? would love to hear how gomez were, or ben harper..wolfmother....
I couldn't make it unfortunately but a few of my buddies went and they loved Gomez, said they put on a great show. I can't wait for the next chance I get to see them. :thumb:
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Photos

Post by MAverick »

Again, here are a few thus far:

direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

opiated wrote:who else kicked ass that day? would love to hear how gomez were, or ben harper..wolfmother....
Gomez and Iron & Wine were fantastic, and Ben Harper was freakin' incredible. Some of the side-stage acts were cancelled due to the crazy weather, so unfortunately we didn't get to see Sam Roberts, which was a bit of a bummer. The first three songs from Neko Case were terrific, but the rest of her set was cut short due to the hail. Gord dedicated their set to Neko, which was really cool. Overall, there were only two or three bands I didn't like. I thought the Shins and Sufjan Stevens sucked somethin' awful, and I just can't get into the Flaming Lips at all. We caught the first couple of songs from them, but when they started playing Bohemian Rhapsody, our group pretty much packed it in. They took so damn long to set up, and maybe it's because I was tired, wet, and frozen, but I just wasn't as impressed with all their gimmicks as everybody else seemed to be. I'll admit the giant bubble was kinda neat, but after having my mind blown by the Hip and Ben Harper, everything after that was bound to be a bit of a letdown. Man, what an incredible day!
cferneyh
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by cferneyh »

direwolf74 wrote:Sufjan Stevens sucked somethin' awful
Really?!? That's too bad. I love Illinoise.
direwolf74 wrote:I just can't get into the Flaming Lips at all.
Same here - and I've given them plenty of chances. Ah well, different strokes for different folks. Glad to hear Iron & Wine was great.
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

MAv,
is it you who is snapping those absolutely creamtastic pictures? Or are you simply posting somebody elses pics?
AND
what kind of camera gear do you/the person use?
AND
do you go on tour with das Hip? Or is it just select concerts?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
headstoner
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by headstoner »

did the constantines play? how were they?

any one see the queens of the stone age on sunday? how were they?

j
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

sean.bonner wrote:MAv,
is it you who is snapping those absolutely creamtastic pictures? Or are you simply posting somebody elses pics?
AND
what kind of camera gear do you/the person use?
AND
do you go on tour with das Hip? Or is it just select concerts?
Ah, why thank you. I have taken every single shot that I have ever posted here or on www.thehip.com, unless there is a photo credit. I'm glad you like them. I'll be posting more --> just posted some more to flickr you might want to check them out.

I'm currently using a Digital Rebel XT and I have a few lenses that I use, a couple of wide angle lenses which are my favorite and a pretty decent zoom (70- 300). I use all canon lenses and shoot from 1/15 to about 1/125 if I can. Most of the Friday night shots were shot at 1600. I did tweak them a little bit, but mostly cause I couldn't sleep last night. I think I over - tweaked the sasquatch photos, so I am going to revisit them.

I shoot in raw, so the originals are abut 10 mb.

I am not "Going on Tour" as they say, but I will be at as many shows as I can get to. I did ride the bus this weekend from Vancouver to the Gorge and back. A first for me and one day in the future I'll write about the weekend . . . it was a good time, I learned a lot and saw some fantastic music performed.