01/10/07: Kamloops: Interior Savings Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

01/10/07: Kamloops: Interior Savings Centre

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

one week away!! who's going?? where are the pre-drinks?
smg333
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by smg333 »

pre drinks?
can a mellow radio dude handle that?
ha ha
just yanking your chain, man
i'm in fer sure just have to figure out where as i have like 5 different sets of friends going...i'm taking my bro-in-law(he helped me re shingle my roof) ...my wife is going with her sister and aunt...i was trying to avoid the hen party!
i got other friends that want a pre doobie fest before the pre drinks
guys from work are going, don't know what they are doin
is leo gonna be there? i should buy him a drink
i haven't posted in a while...been busy with my new place...
and we are going to disneyworld/universal/caribean cruise in 2 weeks...i've been pumped for the concert more so , haven't seen them since '99 it's gonna be a good un!
Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

has anything been arranged yet? i'm gonna try to get into town a bit early if the weather isn't too bad.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

just found out that i'll be 'hosting' the show, although i'm not sure what that will mean in the end...I doubt the hip have an actual introduction, so i'll probably just intro the sadies...usually i have to get to these things quite early, but i'll know tomorrow..i was thinking The Fox 'N Hounds pub would be a great place for pre-drinks and perhaps a bite to eat...
Not Cordilia
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Not Cordilia »

New member, long time lurker and and even longer Hip fan. Seeing for the Hip for 5th time Wednesday, and very much looking forward to it.

Nice to see the Hip pulling out some 'rested' material for the show in Vic last night, even sweeter to see them pull out a cover of Bowie. Don't get me wrong, love to see a 100% original set...but to see the Gords and the other boys pay tribute to some of their faves is a bonus!

Also looking forward to hearing the new tunes live, especially Lonley End.... lets hope Gordie dedicates it to some of the past WHL goalies the Blazers victimized in the early 90's (and this year too) :P

I'll be sure to stop by sometime after the concert to add my input.
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

opiated wrote:just found out that i'll be 'hosting' the show, although i'm not sure what that will mean in the end...I doubt the hip have an actual introduction, so i'll probably just intro the sadies...usually i have to get to these things quite early, but i'll know tomorrow..i was thinking The Fox 'N Hounds pub would be a great place for pre-drinks and perhaps a bite to eat...
ahhh.. wish I was back in Kamloops for this. I used to live pretty close to the fox n' hounds. Good times. :thumb:
Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

opiated wrote:The Fox 'N Hounds pub
I'll be getting into town around 4, barring no delays. I'll stop in there for a bite and hopefully catch up with you and any others that are coming.
HandsInTheRiver41
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by HandsInTheRiver41 »

opiated wrote:just found out that i'll be 'hosting' the show, although i'm not sure what that will mean in the end...I doubt the hip have an actual introduction, so i'll probably just intro the sadies...usually i have to get to these things quite early, but i'll know tomorrow..i was thinking The Fox 'N Hounds pub would be a great place for pre-drinks and perhaps a bite to eat...
Well, I don't know if it will be the same... but Jeremy from the Zone radio station in Victoria 'introduced' the Hip but he was just on stage right as the Sadies went off, getting the fans pumped and telling them there would be a half hour break between sets.
TTH: Vancouver 2004 | Victoria 2007 (x2) | Victoria 2009 (x2) | Solana Beach 2009 | Los Angeles 2009 | Victoria 2012 |
Portland, OR 2012 | Toronto #2 & #3 2016 || GD: Victoria 2010 | Montréal 2014
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

HandsInTheRiver41 wrote:
Well, I don't know if it will be the same... but Jeremy from the Zone radio station in Victoria 'introduced' the Hip but he was just on stage right as the Sadies went off, getting the fans pumped and telling them there would be a half hour break between sets.
probably the same kind of thing....
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

sherpahigh wrote:
ahhh.. wish I was back in Kamloops for this. I used to live pretty close to the fox n' hounds. Good times. :thumb:
yeah...great food, huge screens, and even better waitressess
Not Cordilia
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Not Cordilia »

Just got home from the show, Gord was in tremendous form....he even made sweet sweet love to the mic stand, bending it in half!

Don't have a set list but, it was fairly heavy with WC tunes, but some sweet classics as well (Boots, Long Time Running)

Encore featured same type of set as the Vic shows....Night Like This , Not The Ocean, finishing with an awesome version of Blow!

Great show, and I shot a couple vids, i will post links later, but I gotta get to bed...workin' at 5:45 AM
Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

I'll post a full review tomorrow, but some highlights were 50MC, fire, and springtime. a few photos:

ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

Hey, Gord's Rasta-fa-rian wrist band is back! Sweeeeeet!

Setlist? Anyone? Bueller?
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Nice Pics, thanks for posting.

1st view of the new stage.