02/08/07: Toronto: Air Canada Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

BIGVDOGG wrote:RE:grimes-amazing pictures man! im glad to see my fat head wasnt in the way too much.it was nice to meet you.if i had of known you were taking awesome pics like that i would have traded you seats! peace
How come that was never an offer to me??? :lol: :lol:
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:
BIGVDOGG wrote:RE:grimes-amazing pictures man! im glad to see my fat head wasnt in the way too much.it was nice to meet you.if i had of known you were taking awesome pics like that i would have traded you seats! peace
How come that was never an offer to me??? :lol: :lol:
Very quick and witty :thumb:
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

BIGVDOGG wrote:This was my 3rd show in a week and 6th in 6 months(a record for me) and yeh im a bit Hipped out! Last night was a good show.Gord messed up right from the get go but thats okay.He missed the soccer mic. flip at the beginnining and started the lyrics to Rink a couple beats off.Big deal,Rink still kicks ass live.I dont care what anyone says...LTR,FIDDLERS, WHEAT,& BOBCAYGEON in the same show! I would go just for those tunes.I should mention the tug of war with the mic. stand between Billy Ray and Gord was Hilarious.Billy finally let go first,so I guess you could say Gord won.The boys do look tired and I am sure they are going to have a nice break before blessing the U.S with their presence.So the boys did summer,fall,and winter Canadian multiple dates,in large,and small,both indoor and outdoor venues,and to their loyal fan base(Belleville),as well as some European dates all in the last 6 months.They have covered most of their catalogue and we have audio & video to remind us! Not to Freaking bad.six months ago i didnt even know about hip.com,hipbase,tracker etc....All im trying to say is i am very grateful for this band and those that support! Peace
couple of vids:Enjoy!

50 Mission Cap

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 3&hl=en-CA

At The Hundredth Meridian

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 0&hl=en-CA
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

chris wrote:I'm done.
about time...
kcpr3
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by kcpr3 »

Cool videos!

My red Leafs jersey somehow found it's way to the stage during 50MC, you can catch a quick glimpse of it between Paul and Gord..

I never really saw where it ended up, all I know is that it was gone after the show.....

:)

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

kcpr3 wrote:Cool videos!

My red Leafs jersey somehow found it's way to the stage during 50MC, you can catch a quick glimpse of it between Paul and Gord..

I never really saw where it ended up, all I know is that it was gone after the show.....

:)
You have some great shots on your site, especially this one of Sammy!

http://www.threeflavours.ca/2006/08/4_of_20.html

Nice work!
trevor
hip
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hip »

thompson girl wrote:
I got a shout-out. Gord mentioned my name when he was naming people off. He also gave a shout out to my home town of Ajax. Whoo hoo!

Nice call on the Ajax Lads, I caught that too!

Merci
Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

Diamond Dogs woulda been sweet !!!!!!
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Late two cents

Post by mastodonfarm »

Just back in the states, and wanted to post my quick two cents.

I was in row 1, seat 8 of the Left Floor. Never been closer in any big show - ever! At the start of the show I was fighting feelings of being overwhlemed. To look up, and see all those Cup banners, to look back and see everyone behind me, and of course to look forward and see the boys so damned close. Gord paying much attention to the left side certainly didn't help my emotions.

Up close you can really see the energy the guys put into it. Especially Gord. Seriously, the man is a perfect showman! Unreal! But, how nice it also was to see Rob's fingers work like they do. Ya don't really get that opportunity from 80 rows back!

And are improv cover rocks going to be a staple now? You know, like the Police-Framton thing in 100M? That just shows great creativity, energy, and showmanship!

Just amazing!

That being said, the boys do have a tendency to bust out similiar setlists. "Generic set list #4" as I always joke to me co-Hip fan best friend. Last tour was much MUCH worse with it. We've been lucky/spoiled this tour. It was a bit of a bummer to hear such sim. lists back-to-back (Hammer-T.O). (Unpopular comment warning:) And the list felt chock-full-o old-timer must-haves (Wheat Kings, Three Pistols, FC, 100M, Blow). Which is cool. I think most of them pretty much rock. Most people think all of them rock. But, I'm partial to PP and Henhouse, and always get whiney when I don't get a big chunk of them.

Can one ever whine from row 1? Only if they are a jerk-ass. I'm blown!!!
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Also...

Post by mastodonfarm »

Hey kcpr3, great pic of Gord "kissing the cup." Glad I got to see 50MC in T.O. This pic is great.

All the work that all you guys do on here is amazing!!!
kcpr3
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by kcpr3 »

mastondonfarm : You were RIGHT in front of me.. I was row 3 left floor seat 5.. You probably noticed me with my eyes glued to the camera with the big white lens.. lol...

Man-Sized Eldorado : Thanks! The 70-200L helps out a wee little bit :) It was cool to finally meet some of the people on the site!
I've shot Sam a few times, and at that show on my site I was literally sitting on the stage half the time I was shooting.. Fun times ;)
stevball
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

AWESOME SHOW!!!!

Post by stevball »

Toronto ACC
8-Feb-07
Lonely End of the Rink
New Orleans is Sinking
Fully Completely
Bobcaygeon
The Drop Off
Ahead by a Century
In View
Poets
Fiddler's Green
World Container
Springtime in Vienna
At the Hundredth Meridian (Walking on the Moon + Instrumental)
Long Time Running
The Kids Don't Get It
Courage
Wheat Kings
Yer Not the Ocean
Fifty Mission Cap
Blow at High Dough

Encore:
Diamond Dogs (Bowie)
Family Band
Fire in the Hole
Little Bones

first off i'll admit to be hard core...ive seriously lost track of the number of times i've seen this great band...my guess prolly over 35...anyways that doesn't make my opinion any more valid than a newcomer

toronto was my only ticket on this leg and i was at the show with someone who bought(and loved) the new cd and was a first timer. i'm really glad for that person that the show was hit heavy. i personally would have loved if they played every track off world container, but alas...

i think lonley end of the rink is a great opener followed by new orleans was on the money. i never tire of the old hits. never. anyways the band came out firing on all cylinders and bobcaygeon was totally necessary, for obvious reasons.

fiddlers green and long time running i don't understand how anyone can not just love the fact that they showed up in the setlist in toronto. especially fiddlers green. i dont think long time running will every get better than that bellville version but i go to a show not expecting everything to be topped. it's an impossible task to keep expecting everything. i go into the building hoping for a good show and i always end up with a great show...but alas thats just me being me

i absolutely love the new cd so the kids dont get it and family band were special peaks for me. diamond dogs and the fact that the band is doing some choice covers works for me...though i'm also a bowie fan

finally fire in the hole is the one song i always hope they play. i don't get it at every show yet somehow when they do play it, it brings my thoughts on the show up a notch. one of the best songs ever

overall 9/10

i still don't like the tiering of ticket prices for this tour and was forced to the upper rows because of it and i also still don't like the fact that there is no longer a THC, but rather just a ticketmaster presale, which amounts to nothing, imho. but the bottomline is we are still dealing with one of the best live rock acts to ever come from canada. they have so many great songs and are still current after all of these years. truely the journey has been nothing short of absolutely incredible
Audra
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Audra »

I am a HUGE hip fan! I went to the show on Thursday night and I can honestly say it was by FAR the BEST Hip show I have ever seen! It helps that Fiddlers Green is my all time favourite song and they FINALLY played it! I have seen them about a dozen times and have never heard that song live! It was wonderful! The whole concert was AMAZING! :):) Cant wait to see them again!
hip
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hip »

So people got their SLR's into the show? Geez, I wish I had of known that!
jcshades
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by jcshades »

BIGVDOGG

Great video job on 50 Mission Cap. The guy with the Wendel Clark jersey looked like he was enjoying the show. Doesn't look the the boys were mailing that one in.