02/08/07: Toronto: Air Canada Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

hip wrote:So people got their SLR's into the show? Geez, I wish I had of known that!
Yeah, but I had a little incident with the security guard checking my bag at the gate. He had no problem with what I was bringing in but before i could close one compartment to show him the other, he was turning my bag over and a whole bunch of equipment fell out. Luckly, none of my more expensive lenses did, but my 500mm f1.8 hit the floor pretty hard and a couple pieces of plastic broke off. Seems to still be working fine and while the lens is only $100, it was something that I didn't need to happen.
:?
kcpr3
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by kcpr3 »

You bought a 500mm 1.8 for 100?

I'll take 10! :)

I assume that you mean the 50mm.. When I dropped mine, it didn't fare as well.....
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

kcpr3 wrote:You bought a 500mm 1.8 for 100?

I'll take 10! :)

I assume that you mean the 50mm.. When I dropped mine, it didn't fare as well.....
:oops: :oops: Oops.
Guess my brain wasn't working that day!

Looks like you knew what I meant!
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

too little, too late.... thought I would post anyways.

1st Hip show at the ACC, and despite the "it was ok....." type reviews, being a "diehard" fan - I thought the show as pretty darn good. For me it was the expereince of being at the ACC. Living in AB now I don't have too many chances to the hip there. 50 Mission Cap followed by blow - blew my mind.

Aftershow was pretty cool. It seemed to be mostly for family or friends. I hung out a bit, and left shortly after 2 drinks.

A few pics... http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/556857376suoXpS
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Cool photos, MountainHip. I love the first one of the ACC all lit up. Looks fantastic!

For an arena show, it looks fairly intimate.
inaworldcontainer
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by inaworldcontainer »

This was the only chance for my wife and I to see THE HIP , in 2007.So far.

Our seats were in section 102 , row 30. Very central and opposite the stage and high up.

I couldn't believe how great the sound was.The best for an arena concert that I have ever heard. :thumb:

I also thought that the set list was just awesome. :thumb:

I think that this was the best and most complete show by THE HIP that I have ever see and/or heard. :thumb:

GORD , must be taking some dancing lessons and instead of the usual rants his dancing and mic stand twirling were excellent. :thumb:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The video portion of the DVD is complete. I just need to make the DVD menus.

I should have it on the tracker tomorrow or Tuesday if all goes as planned so clear out 5 gigs of space for the download.

Here's a preview - of the first two angles. I've since gone back and added a third camera to the mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygKHE62ugzU