02/06/07: Hamilton: Copps Coliseum

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

Awesome, thanks man!! see ya there
Drez7
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Drez7 »

Great show, Gord danced with a bra thown on stage for quite some time...hilarious! Happy B-day too! The sound quality was awesome in there, better than expected for an arena show, at least from the upper bowl where I was. Great seats BTW, awesome view of the whole stage and nobody in front of us. Anyways, from what I can remember...not in order, just to the best of my memory the next morning.

Rink
NOIS
Boots
Ocean
In View
Fully
ABAC
Fiddlers!!!!!!!!!
WC
Springtime
Good Life
Kids
Wheat Kings
100th Meridian
M@W
Family Band
Three Pistols
Blow
**Edit: Forgot about Courage** (that was in the set too!)

Cover (wish I could help here, sorry...sounded awesome)
Grace
Fire
Last edited by Drez7 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clearlyentranced
Completist
Completist

Post by clearlyentranced »

Fiddlers...my god what a night. Gord seemed to be a bit more upbeat than Fort York. Nice to see. The new tunes sound great live. Anyone else see the drunk on paul's side at the boards get pulled out just before the hip went on? Priceless.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The cover was "Picture My Face" by Hamilton's own Teenage Head
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

Well first time I've ever been first row and it was quite the experience. Gord was as animated as ever, taking apart the mic stand and throwing a piece of it in the air, rubbing his face in bra's, and during 100th sleeping agains the mic stand with his white sweat towel on his face.

It was very nice to see fiddlers of course, but highlight had to be the 15 min 100th. Before the song gord quiets the crowd down with a long introduction of the long then goes nuts till middle break in which he does a 5 min routine with the mic stand on the floor. Trust me , your going to want this DVD when it come out!!!!

THe first bra was thrown close to the end of the night, in between a song gord went to the end of the stage and said "I think that bra is for me down there, by your foot there" Secuirty picked it up and he proceeded with face washing it which i am shocked he did. He carried it around for awhile and it ended up his mic stand. The 2nd bra went up a little later and then a thong also made its way up which ended up in gords hands yet again.

I got to witness first hand the process on "getting backstage". These 3 young girls, one of which flashed gords bodyguard (ricky i think) got to go stand beside front row. They then tried pushing us out of the way a la a outdoor festival. Securtiy went up to them and asked where their ticket was , they said that the security guard let them in, gave a description and that was that. THey grinded each other, felt each other up, and got backstage passes for their efforts. Did they know any of the songs you ask??? Of course not! God Bless the female body

Good Times , Cya all Thursday Night
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

bstrauss24
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bstrauss24 »

Long time reader first time poster....I am pushing my 20th Hip Show and tonights version of 100th was by far the most entertained I have ever been while watching these guys. Aside from Gords antics ("People always say, everything Gord? Everything!") where he was calling out names at the audience, sleeping and singing Fleetwood Mac, it was also funny to watch the rest of the guys. These guys just go about their music, seemingly uneffected by everything Gord does! That is funny to watch in itself!
under_pressure
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by under_pressure »

Amazing show! Great for a first timer!

I can't really go into specifics, other than the songs of the night for me were Fiddler's Green (breathtaking...) and Meridian (breathtaking for other reasons, rocked so hard, amazing jam!) Grace, Too and Fire In The Hole were also great for the encore!

Oh, and I also really enjoyed Buck 65's set. Does anyone know what he played? I know he opened with Indestructible Sam and closed with Wicked & Weird, and Blood Of A Young Wolf was in there somewhere, but that's it.

Anyway, thanks Hip for an amazing show!
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Awesome!

Post by mastodonfarm »

Last night was my 2nd Hip show in Canada. The energy they give you guys in your home country is simply amazing - though the energy in Hamilton was way crazier than in London! What a great show, and a friendly crowd.

The good - the setlist, the energy, 100m jam, Gord's antics and lovin' to the other guys on stage, my seats, how friendly you fricken Canadians are! I met my first hip-baser down on the floor. Hell of a nice guy, but my head is ringing too much to remember his name. (At least I wasn't blocking the camera behind him.)

The bad - what was the cover? we are going crazy trying to figure it out! We got Stevie Nicks, we got the Police, and maybe even a hint of Van Halen in there, but could not figure out the cover. (*edit* - oops! got it,thanks chris!) The old timers on the floor (if you don't want to stand and dance and sing the entire time, gets tickets in the bowl fer frick's sake, don't hassle tall dancing fans!)

The ugly - some hipbaser hassling me and my friends for not singing happy birthday loud enough or dancing enough. Which is weird, cause I danced my ass off all night, my group was the only peeps around us singing happy b-day to gord, and I don't even think this guy was near us. Meh.

I won't end ona negative note. Great band, great fans, great country. My head is killin' me - I'm going to get a double-double...
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

clearlyentranced wrote: Anyone else see the drunk on paul's side at the boards get pulled out just before the hip went on? Priceless.
yeah, what a champ he was. he had a big smile on his face with his arms raised in the air as if he thought people would cheer him on. idiot.
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

well i'll attempt some sort of a review....

first of all we waited in line for beer for a good 20 minutes and we were willing to pay $19 for 2 large draft beers each. so we finally make it to the front of the line and sure enough the draft machine breaks so we are forced to pay $12.50 for 2 bottles instead. i know the prices are ridiculous and no one is forcing you to buy beer from then but c'mon, beer... the hip... they go perfect together. anyways, so we made our way to our seats just as buck 65 was playing his last song so from what i heard from him he was decent but it didnt seem like too many people were interested in his set. then we got to see that idiot get thrown out, good job bud.

so the hip come on and the new songs sounded amazing. boots or hearts was a big surprise to me, especially so early in their set and grace, too being played during the encore, seems like those two songs would usually be the other way around. my personal highlights would be fidlers green, world container and i'll have to say blow at high dough & ahead by a century. BAHD & ABAC just never get old. going into the concert i was hoping for 5 songs in particular. and they only played 2 of the 5 i hoped for so i guess thats not too bad. the 5 i wanted were nautical disaster, world container, fidlers green, dire wolf & pigeon camera. but i gotta say world container live was incredible. a great show all around. the cover was alright although i can't say i've ever heard that song before. and finally i thought the closer should have been different from fire in the hole.... but thats just my opinion. anyways, thats my review if you can call it one.

great show boys! :thumb:
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

thehip420 wrote:
clearlyentranced wrote: Anyone else see the drunk on paul's side at the boards get pulled out just before the hip went on? Priceless.
yeah, what a champ he was. he had a big smile on his face with his arms raised in the air as if he thought people would cheer him on. idiot.
Paul should have kicked his ass
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Awesome show last night! I brought my cousin who hasnt seen The Hip since 95 and he loved it! At the beginning of the eve he was hoping for the older material.By the end of the set he loved the new material and was very happy Wheatkings got played.My second show taping from 6th row on the aisle.I thought my seat in Oshawa was good! The girls in front of us in 2nd row rocked to every song all night! Highlights for me were Three Pistols(love ROAD catalogue being played),Meridian(especially the taste of Fleetwood Mac),& Fully Completely(always been and always will be a fav).Starting to wonder about Gord with all the female clothing he has been handling lately :lol: On a side note i brought a 8X10 sign with the Corby PAUL KICKS ASS logo and made a straight trade with Mav for a set list(thx man!)So needless to say Paul knows what the shirts look like! Overall a great show in my hometown.See ya 1 more time in toronto!

THE HUNDREDTH MERIDIAN VIDEO

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 7&hl=en-CA

SOME PICS INCLUDING SETLIST

http://picasaweb.google.com/BIGVDOGG/Tr ... lton020607
Last edited by BIGVDOGG on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Hey Vic! Nice Pics but the link to your video didn't work...
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

Great show as always. I was in the bowl (section 121) and was a little worried about the crowd after reading some reviews of previous shows on here, and even moreso after getting to our seats and finding a lot of older fans around us. Fortunately most of these people were aware that it was, in fact, a rock show, and everyone was on their feet for the entire night. The sound mix seemed a little off to me during the first few songs, couldn't hear Gord's vocals very well, and too much distortion on the guitars, but that seemed to get sorted out fairly quickly. The new songs were a popular time for people to head to the washroom, too bad cause those people all missed out. World Container and Family Band were done particularly well. And obviously Fiddler's was the highlight of the night. I didn't recognize the cover but there were a couple guys a few rows ahead of us that clearly did, they were giving the boys the old "we're not worthy" wave as soon as it started and rocking out pretty hard for the whole thing. During the encore break I commented to my brother that we hadn't heard anything from Phantom Power or Day For Night, and sure enough we got 2 DFN songs in the encore. Hopefully they are saving some PP for Thursday :thumb: