02/06/07: Hamilton: Copps Coliseum

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Hey Vic! Nice Pics but the link to your video didn't work...
Fixed :thumb:
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

two things i forgot to mention, i remember reading a post on how a few of you are sick of NO and M@W etc. i felt this way about 'courage' for a long long time now. i often even skip the song while listening to the fully completely album but i must say last night gave me a new long for the song. it was performed so well live last night that i once again love the song. so that was another highlight of the night and another was how they played fiddler's->WC all in a row. it was perfect. what a great show.

seen them three times now, i'd say second best performance i've seen. it'll be damn hard to top seeing the hip on canada day.
Last edited by Hard Canadian on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

under_pressure wrote:
Oh, and I also really enjoyed Buck 65's set. Does anyone know what he played? I know he opened with Indestructible Sam and closed with Wicked & Weird, and Blood Of A Young Wolf was in there somewhere, but that's it.

Anyway, thanks Hip for an amazing show!
he also played Spread em and Dang, not sure what the others songs were called.

Good show.
One of the best versions of 100th I've ever seen. I didn't think they could top the Oshawa version. Gord sang the lines:

Thunder only happens when its raining
Players only love you when theyre playing
Say... women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... youll know

from the Fleetwood Mac song dreams, Walking on the Moon by the Police and finished off the middle part with his Peter Frampton guitar impression and some lines from Frampton's Do You Feel Like We Do.

The bras and thong on stage at the end was hilarious especially when Gord rubbed his face in one of the bras and then hung them on his mic stand and Paul's mic stand.

At one point during the show Gord Sinclair came right over to Pauls side of the stage and jammed with him for a bit then they shared a laugh after the song. I've never seen him stray to that side of the stage before. Grace Too and Fire in the Hole are probably the two best songs to finish off a set, it was an incredible ending to the show to say the least.
Last edited by emperor penguin on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tth_fan
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by tth_fan »

MountainHip wrote:
thehip420 wrote:
clearlyentranced wrote: Anyone else see the drunk on paul's side at the boards get pulled out just before the hip went on? Priceless.
yeah, what a champ he was. he had a big smile on his face with his arms raised in the air as if he thought people would cheer him on. idiot.
Paul should have kicked his ass
yes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

BIGVDOGG wrote:THE HUNDREDTH MERIDIAN VIDEO

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 7&hl=en-CA

SOME PICS INCLUDING SETLIST

http://picasaweb.google.com/BIGVDOGG/Tr ... lton020607
awesome! thanks for posting the video. anyone else have any videos?
coldlakeswimmer
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by coldlakeswimmer »

thanks for the video.
Almost Hip
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Almost Hip »

Ok first, Hipbase was down last night when I got home, soo frustrating being pumped after a show and not being able to share it. I know out of our control ahh well

ok so the show kicked!!! Gordie was wearing a HIP belt buckle that came undone in the first few songs.

Fiddler's was an amazing moment!! unreal
Paul didn't look to happy the first half of the show but towards the end looked like he was having a good time.

anyone else notice Gord's mess up on Pistols?
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

great video thanks !!!!
IMissMyLungBob
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by IMissMyLungBob »

THREE PISTOLS AND BOOTS OR HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to hear those 2 live since I became a Hip fan in the first place. Incredable show.
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

grimes wrote: I didn't recognize the cover but there were a couple guys a few rows ahead of us that clearly did, they were giving the boys the old "we're not worthy" wave as soon as it started and rocking out pretty hard for the whole thing.
Maybe it was a couple guys from Teenage Head :lol:

Or some people that have lived in the Hammer for a while and remember these hometown hero's
clearlyentranced
Completist
Completist

Post by clearlyentranced »

dreyfuss wrote:
grimes wrote: I didn't recognize the cover but there were a couple guys a few rows ahead of us that clearly did, they were giving the boys the old "we're not worthy" wave as soon as it started and rocking out pretty hard for the whole thing.

Or some people that have lived in the Hammer for a while and remember these hometown hero's
Where were you? I had a couple old guys a few rows ahead of me too. They didn't even look like hip fans. Any song after UTH they had no idea what it was.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Thanks to dreyfuss... Picture My Face is up on www.hipfans.com for download.
hotmetal401
Completist
Completist

Post by hotmetal401 »

Thanks to the both of you, for the song and the host!

A little context perhaps: from Davis Manning's website
Saturday, October 18 1985, Fleming Field, Queen's campus - The Tragically Hip open for Teenage Head. The following Tuesday the Queen's Journal healine read: Hip to Head in music and muck. (It had been raining and the ground was pretty muddy.) I sent a budding rock journalist to cover the event, and this is an excerpt from his report.

"The concert ws opened by Queen's own sensation the Tragically Hip. Unfortunately the Hip didn't have the audience they deserve. The majority of the crowd didn't show until after their short set was finished. The Hip were forced to head quickly for the Manor to put in a couple of sets.

"Vocalist Gord Downie's incredible stage presence made the band come alive. As a new twist, they brought out three stylish female dancers. Within minutes of arriving, the excitement of the 60's was recreated for you, live and in person."
Whenever I visit that site, I always remember how much I enjoy reading it (and I will always kick myself for not really going through the archives of the Queen's Journal explicitly before I left).

Cheers,

Pat
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

clearlyentranced wrote:
dreyfuss wrote:

Where were you? I had a couple old guys a few rows ahead of me too. They didn't even look like hip fans. Any song after UTH they had no idea what it was.
I was in section 121, row 13...based on their age, I'd say it's quite possible they could have been from Teenage Head :lol: (though one of them did have a Hip t-shirt on).
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

I wasn't farmiliar with that cover when I first heard it, but I really like it, its a good song. Thanks to Chris and Dreyfuss for making it available to hear again.