02/06/07: Hamilton: Copps Coliseum

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by redhill »

had a great time last night

some pics here..excuse the quality ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56703063@N00/
coldlakeswimmer
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by coldlakeswimmer »

We were in 122. Did you see Tom Wilson there with his kids?
grimes wrote:
clearlyentranced wrote:
dreyfuss wrote: Maybe it was a couple guys from Teenage Head :lol:

Or some people that have lived in the Hammer for a while and remember these hometown hero's
Where were you? I had a couple old guys a few rows ahead of me too. They didn't even look like hip fans. Any song after UTH they had no idea what it was.
I was in section 121, row 13...based on their age, I'd say it's quite possible they could have been from Teenage Head :lol: (though one of them did have a Hip t-shirt on).
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

i went up the aisle way in 122 and I saw him pass me on the stairs, i thought that was pretty cool.

full review of soundcheck and concert tomorrow
kdwdjd
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kdwdjd »

Tom Wilson was there as I had a short chat with him. Back in the 80's I was in the bar business and his band the Florida Razors were a mainstay at the Bridge in Burlington. He, like Teenage Head hail from the Hammer and are of the same vintage (like myself). I think the cover of Picture my Face was a tribute to the Head and all those from the Hammer!

Went to both the Hamilton show and London, Hamilton set list was stronger and the show was definitly better! Curious to see if they bring it tonight in TO?

RockOn
Middleman2
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Middleman2 »

Hey is there more video from the concert???? i was there and i really want to see some
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Middleman2 wrote:Hey is there more video from the concert???? i was there and i really want to see some
In due time I am sure.
d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

Middleman2 wrote:Hey is there more video from the concert???? i was there and i really want to see some
I have photos and a video on 100th that I will be posting tonight.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Pretty much every show this year was recorded - audio and video. Sign-up at www.thehiptracker.com and as soon as they are available for download you will be notified.
hashman
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

great show!

Post by hashman »

Great show, got a little thirsty a bit earlier then i like to, but other then that, amazing time, great set list. Looking forward to Buffalo on march 10, and then HOB on april 14th!
A7X
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by A7X »

I was there, probably my 9th or 10th time seeing them. I was a little disappointed with how In View translated live, and also Gord shouted during Good Life which didn't sound good. Gord seemed to really be on otherwise, it was a good show. Too bad it wasn't a Fri or Sat night so everyone could drink more!
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

A7X wrote:I was there, probably my 9th or 10th time seeing them. I was a little disappointed with how In View translated live, and also Gord shouted during Good Life which didn't sound good. Gord seemed to really be on otherwise, it was a good show. Too bad it wasn't a Fri or Sat night so everyone could drink more!
:twisted: :twisted: That's all respectable Hip fans need. An even drunker crowd. :shock:
ianmac
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Hamiltons music elite

Post by ianmac »

Tom Wilson was there with his kids on Pauls side, saw a member of the Head before the show, never put one and one together till the cover version, he was dressed in a long coat, and hat like stevie ray vaughn used to wear.... great show, though the sound was off a bit, gord tried a new mic and was motioning to the crew to turn it up or down a couple of times. 6 of us are heading to the HOB in Vegas to see them, we'll let you know about that, still tickets in NY at the Irving Plaza to see them if you want a small venue
Ian
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Re: Hamiltons music elite

Post by emperor penguin »

ianmac wrote:Tom Wilson was there with his kids on Pauls side, saw a member of the Head before the show, never put one and one together till the cover version, he was dressed in a long coat, and hat like stevie ray vaughn used to wear.... great show, though the sound was off a bit, gord tried a new mic and was motioning to the crew to turn it up or down a couple of times. 6 of us are heading to the HOB in Vegas to see them, we'll let you know about that, still tickets in NY at the Irving Plaza to see them if you want a small venue
Ian
I saw the guy you are referring to, I didn't know he was in Teenage Head, he looked like a punk rocker for sure though
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

just uploaded some pics I took from the show

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94666481@N ... 559270247/
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

emperor penguin wrote:just uploaded some pics I took from the show

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94666481@N ... 559270247/
I enjoyed those Eric! Thanks for sharing!

trevor