02/05/07: London: John Labatt Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

NOIS-->Nautical--NOIS, was definatly awesome...

the show was amazing..front row is the only way to go...they told us we were the only ones allowed to be on the railing and to tell them if anyone else bothered us, and they took our coats for us and put them on the other side of the wall, to keep em safe i guess...

My buddy threw his sweater on stage and hit Gords legs, too bad gord prefered the girls xtra small, he might have got a mic stand out of it!!

I asked the security guy for a set list after the show and he said they were in cases and the crew guys couldnt get them out...anyone else heard any thing like this before?

I have a video of the jam in the middle of 100th, its about 10 1/2 minutes, and that just the jam, it was a long one...including some serious dancing, sleeping on the mic stand, singing Hotel California, and danincg with the girls sweater on...

AWESOME SHOW!!!!

I'll post some pics in the morning...can't wait for Hamilton tomorow night!!
Last edited by d_alex_d on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gibie
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Gibie »

Simply wow... great show... hilarious that Gord had on the chicks shirt inside out so that you could see the little white things dangling that it gets hung up with... haha... anyone know if she met Gord? Or did the security guy just get the shirt back for her? Gord lounging on the mic stand with his towel over his face was priceless too! Great show... great set list... great friends! Great night!!!!!

On another note... who was Stephanie? Gord dedicated a song to her.
Last edited by Gibie on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

No sleeping dude ....we.... need pics tonight and some audio too from some dick?.... I'm kidding... thanks to those who make-it online when they get home to tell us thirsty fans what happened....
hip
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hip »

Apartment song, Lizard you made my jaw drop for nothing! JESUS! I love this song, and heard it in syracuse, play it again lads! They always drop my favs off new albums such as this song and luv sic, & last night! C'mon guys, diversify!
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

hip wrote:Apartment song, Lizard you made my jaw drop for nothing! JESUS! I love this song, and heard it in syracuse, play it again lads! They always drop my favs off new albums such as this song and luv sic, & last night! C'mon guys, diversify!
Yeah I was hoping to hear Dire Wolf this tour but if they played it tonight, chances are they are not going to play it in the T-Dot. :cry:
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by LoftyPines »

I got a last minute ticket, and was pleased to have a pretty great seat. Section 114 had a good view, but the crowd was way too tame. They sat until half way thru main set, and I was more than a little embarassed. They were a little older than I am used to seeing at a hip show, but it WAS the season ticket holder area for the knights, so that may have contributed. And it was a Monday night too. However the crowd was extremely loud calling for an encore.

Definite highlight was NOIS-Naut.D.-NOIS but Flamenco was outstanding, as was DWD. The new material is amazing live. Two mic-stands destroyed tonight.

And yes, Lust for Life!!!!!

No voice left, what a night!
borgs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by borgs »

tapers are nice folks.

i want a giant screen on my bedroom ceiling showing jonny fay's every move.

new o -> nautical -> new o.... amazing. after the first line of nautical i still didn't believe it was happening.

gord d. said he was cold and asked for a sweater or a turtle neck or a cardigan... the girl right in front of me tossed her sweater up and gord wore it for the rest of the show. she got a mic stand for her troubles and actually got her sweater back at the end of the show... she told me to feel it and i did... it was a little damp.

great show!
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Just home from the show at 1:15am.

Great setlist. Highlight for me was hearing them break into Nautical Disaster in the middle of NOIS. Being in the 5th row was great too.

Here's all the songs but not in the right order. I'm better at ordering them based on album

Blow at High Dough
New Orleans is Sinking (Nautical in the middle)
Little Bones
Longtime Running
At The Hundredth Meridian
Locked in the Trunk of a Car
Gift Shop
Ahead by a Century
Flamenco
Don't Wake Daddy
Poets
Bobcaygeon
The Dire Wolf
The Lonely End of the Rink
Yer Not The Ocean
In View
The Kids Don't Get It
World Container
Family Band

Iggy Pop Song
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

01: Lonely End Of The Rink
02: Little Bones
03: Giftshop
04: The Dire Wolf
05: Family Band
06: Ahead By A Century
07: In View
08: Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
09: Flamenco
10: World Container
11: Fireworks
12: At The Hundredth Meridian
13: Long Time Running
14: Kids Don’t Get It
15: Poets
16: Bobcaygeon
17: Yet Not The Ocean
18: New Orleans Is Sinking >
19: Nautical Disaster (Full version) >
20: New Orleans Is Sinking

Encore:
21: Don’t Wake Daddy
22: COVER: “Lust For Life” by Iggy Pop
23: Blow At High Dough

New rule: Never miss the Hip in London and Sudbury!
d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

Here's my photos from the front row. I was on the far right, infront of Robby, therefore there is lots of pictures of him...also notice Broach's Membership sign....wow! he really loves that song, lol

Most are kinda blurry, but a select few turned out awesome

enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45335567@N ... 521156379/
d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

Chris,
I'm going to send you a link later on this morning to download my meridian jam video, and if you want I was thinking you cold post it up on your youtube site for all to see.

Thanks
cochise
Completist
Completist

Post by cochise »

Probably the best setlist so far.................damn it.............LOL
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

Giftshop
Dire Wolf!!!
Flamenco!!
LTR
Daddy!!

Wow. Now that's what I'm talking about. Excellent Set.

"Daddy" would almost singlehandedly make the show for me, but Dire Wolf and Flamenco too?

Lucky Londonites.
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Locked »

may be the single greatest setlist with the exception of "Flamenco" following "Locked"

WTF? Talk about "the drop off"...

:)

when are they gonna start offering some of these killer shows as official downloads..

I'm drueling here in Boston!

Can anyone describe to me what Gord's act is this tour building up to the "Let me out" part???

:jump
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Locked »

I just recognizing this now!!!

18: New Orleans Is Sinking >
19: Nautical Disaster (Full version) >
20: New Orleans Is Sinking

Please describe..

:thumb: