02/02/07: Ottawa: Scotiabank Place

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

Do you guys go to see the Hip or to drink beer? Holy f**k! I've never needed a drop of beer to enjoy a Hip concert. I wish there was zero beer sold at concerts. I've heard a gazillion people complain about the cutoff for beer sales. For f**k sakes!
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

tigerthelion wrote:Do you guys go to see the Hip or to drink beer?
Both.
cfrancis
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by cfrancis »

Great show. Highlights were Wheat Kings, Fiddlers and scoring a setlist!!
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

The Horrible Esthete wrote:
tigerthelion wrote:Do you guys go to see the Hip or to drink beer?
Both.
So it's impossible to be entertained solely by The Hip? Is the beer necessary?
puckstopper
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by puckstopper »

Um, I don't see a problem if people want to have a beer along with seeing the hip. As long as it doesn't make them a pain in the ass to stand next to or behind, I don't see what the big deal is. I like having a couple of beers while seeing the hip the same way I like a glass of red wine with a nice steak. To each their own.
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

puckstopper wrote:Um, I don't see a problem if people want to have a beer along with seeing the hip. As long as it doesn't make them a pain in the ass to stand next to or behind, I don't see what the big deal is. I like having a couple of beers while seeing the hip the same way I like a glass of red wine with a nice steak. To each their own.
That's fine. My problem is more aimed at the people who bitch about the beer cut off. Fine, have a few beers before the show or whatever but even if there was no beer being served, I think a Hip show alone is plenty to make it a great night out. Not having beer shouldn't ruin a concert.

BTW, what is up with The Hip getting 3 and a half stars out of 5 but Billy Talent getting 4 stars out of 5? :shock:
u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by u8555 »

tigerthelion wrote:
puckstopper wrote:My problem is more aimed at the people who bitch about the beer cut off. :
Always keep a half pint of bourbon inside your belt. No worries. No bitching about beer cut off, and no one bitching about you bitching about beer cut off. Plus, it makes the show a lot of fun.
mikethegoalie32
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mikethegoalie32 »

Flame N' Co. wrote:Another excellent show with bitchin' seats!

It was nice meeting Goulet at the show...I'm one of the hipbase lurkers you met...I was hanging with the dude with the Downie Bruins jersey...
It was damn amazing thats for sure, this was my 5th, and what a 5th. I was two rows behind you guys. I was wearing the Wheat Kings Jersey (Purple LA Kings style with TTH on the front, amazing how many times i heard kings sucks, then to hear them go oh shit) Great seats, great show, even gave away his microphone stand which he broke...