01/29/07: Peterborough: Memorial Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

d_alex_d wrote:Big Yellow Taxi is a great song...can't wait to hear that!!

acordding to the hip.com
1: The Lonely End Of The Rink
2: New Orleans Is Sinking
3: Fully Completely
4: Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
5: The Drop-Off
6: Ahead By A Century
7: In View
8: Gift Shop
9: The Last Of The Unplucked Gems
10: World Container
11: Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)
12: At The Hundredth Meridian
13: It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
14: The Kids Don't Get It
15: Fireworks
16: Bobcaygeon
17: Yer Not The Ocean
18: Grace, Too
19: Blow At High Dough
20: Big Yellow Taxi
21: Family Band
22: Little Bones

Nice job...that would be the set list for sure...I've got some pics I'll throw up tomorrow...
Wish I had the same equipment as the guy recording the show . The front of the stage was sealed off and there was a guy up and down the whole width of the stage recording.
I'd be willing to bet there is going to be another DVD in the offing !
Joe
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Joe »

thats a pretty solid set list
nippleholic
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by nippleholic »

thehip420 wrote:
headstoner wrote:everyone get there early for the constantines.
reviewers.... include the constantines set list if possible? i'll be curious to see what they play.
can't remember the setlist in order, but this is what they played from what I remember:

Draw Us Lines
Hotline Operator
Working Full Time
Young Lions
On To You
Shine A Light

closed with Nighttime/Anytime

I know I'm missing a couple, and I don't think they played anything off the first album...
06/21/2003 Toronto
11/26/2004 Toronto
01/29/2007 Peterborough
07/01/2011 Toronto
06/28/2013 Hengelo
06/29/2013 Amsterdam
10/08/2014 Toronto
Ryan2
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by Ryan2 »

1: The Lonely End Of The Rink
2: New Orleans Is Sinking - Gord missed the intro
7: In View- love this song! even without the keys just wicked
9: The Last Of The Unplucked Gems- best song of night gord jogged around stage with towel- long intro till he could get the mic stand down
20: Big Yellow Taxi- Gord barely could read the lyrics from the piece of paper on stage
21: Family Band- the combo of this and taxi brought the crowd down

I love the hip but the crowd wasnt into it at all- barely a response to the constantines unforunately - Beer line up was insane one bar - 3 bartenders and a line-up of over 300! a really shitty setlist - i love the hip but maybe hearing the same songs over and over get tiresome and to hear a joni mitchell cover with gord trying to sing the lyrics from a piece of paper and not hearing an original for an encore is very dissapointing ive been to over 12 shows and maybe my last with this one - Gord is great but not to listen to what fans want to hear makes no sense- its great fiddlers green is being played - but what about all the others ones? The crowd was lack lustre and the band did put on a good show but to say it was great is just being unreal. There were moments with a super "gems" but it was a mellow set. Thanks to the wolf's 101.5 Marty for annoucing the password to the pre-sale on the radioso everyone not on the mailing list could get tickets and i could wait on the phone for 4 hours! I love the hip but damn this was dissapointing

p.s : im guessing the guy with the camera was mav up front
u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by u8555 »

Ryan2 wrote:1: The Lonely End Of The Rink
9: The Last Of The Unplucked Gems- best song of night gord jogged around stage with towel- long intro till he could get the mic stand down
20: Big Yellow Taxi- Gord barely could read the lyrics from the piece of paper on stage

I love the hip but the crowd wasnt into it at all- barely a response to the constantines unforunately - Beer line up was insane one bar - 3 bartenders and a line-up of over 300! a really shitty setlist - i love the hip but maybe hearing the same songs over and over get tiresome and to hear a joni mitchell cover with gord trying to sing the lyrics from a piece of paper and not hearing an original for an encore is very dissapointing ive been to over 12 shows and maybe my last with this one - Gord is great but not to listen to what fans want to hear makes no sense- its great fiddlers green is being played - but what about all the others ones? The crowd was lack lustre and the band did put on a good show but to say it was great is just being unreal. There were moments with a super "gems" but it was a mellow set. Thanks to the wolf's 101.5 Marty for annoucing the password to the pre-sale on the radioso everyone not on the mailing list could get tickets and i could wait on the phone for 4 hours! I love the hip but damn this was dissapointing

ouch!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it, Ryan2.
Ryan2 wrote:21: Family Band- the combo of this and taxi brought the crowd down
Really?! I thought Family Band would get things going again.
Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

Ryan2 wrote:1: The Lonely End Of The Rink

not sure we were at the same show bud !!!!

Gord feckin crushed Yellow Taxi tonight..right down to Joni's giggle

I think your still bitter at dropping the ball and ending up with your shitty seats....after all a staff member should be the LAST one to end up with shitty seats...

Don't take your ineptitude out on US or THE BAND !

back later

I got a pic of the guy with the camera... you can tell us if it was mav :wink:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Bobkajun wrote:Wish I had the same equipment as the guy recording the show . The front of the stage was sealed off and there was a guy up and down the whole width of the stage recording.
I'd be willing to bet there is going to be another DVD in the offing !
It was probably MAv and/or any local TV station.

As I've said before, if they are recording a DVD the following elements will be present:
A) Lots of signage telling you that they are recording the event, and that you waive your rights and allow them to capture your image on film.
B) Lots of cameras, firmly mounted on big tripods.
C) A big production truck outside.

What is it that has been prompting people to speculate that another DVD is in the works?
Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

well your likely right there...it was a bit of a flash back to the ACC -and That Night in Toronto ...right down to the same seats 3r row center...an experience I never thought I would relive again !
Your right ...not the same equipment but this guy def had an awesome set up !

His pic is at home in another folder ...I'll throw it up later tonight !

The Hip did not dissapoint last night....their show evoked every emotion going. I laughed , cried , danced , and ROCKED !

I got 2 more pics at home...ttys
Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

Ryan2 wrote: Thanks to the wolf's 101.5 Marty for annoucing the password to the pre-sale on the radioso everyone not on the mailing list could get tickets and i could wait on the phone for 4 hours!
Thanks to The Wolf 101.5 for auctioning off a pair of Hip tickets yesterday and raising over $1600.00 for the pair, to the Cops For Cancer organization ! :thumb:

And while we are talking about The Wolf and throwin around thanks....I wonder if Wolf Pack morning man Jay Sharpe ,is thanking RYNO for taking Jay's wife to the show last night :shock: lol

noticed Wolf's Promotion Director Carey Walker in the crowd too!
Marcus1970
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Marcus1970 »

I'd never pass up an opportunity to see the Hip, but I might have been a little disappointed with that setlist.

Very few of my favourites from any of the albums and a couple of tunes I'm slowly growing tired of.

That being said, a Hip concert is always more about the overall experience and the energy the band exudes. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to see the Hip live.
spryguy09
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by spryguy09 »

[quote="Ryan2"]

The show was great, even if they didn't play the few songs you feel entitled to here. This was one of the biggest bands to ever play Peterborough, and we'll ave them back any time they're on the road.

And the fact you feel Family Band brought the crowd down goes to show the crowd in Peterborough appreciated hereing songs like NOIS, ABAC, Grace, BobC, etc.
Jessicadoe
New Maybe
New Maybe

Balloons

Post by Jessicadoe »

Just a note for anyone thinking about taking balloons to a hip concert....DON'T DO IT! Someone had a couple of large balloons for everyone to hit around...Gord was not impressed and after he took a tumble from one he popped it and then loudly announced that he "f***ing hates balloons!"
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Bobkajun wrote:well your likely right there...it was a bit of a flash back to the ACC -and That Night in Toronto ...right down to the same seats 3r row center...an experience I never thought I would relive again !
Your right ...not the same equipment but this guy def had an awesome set up !

His pic is at home in another folder ...I'll throw it up later tonight !

The Hip did not dissapoint last night....their show evoked every emotion going. I laughed , cried , danced , and ROCKED !
Is this what/who you saw? If so, that's MAv - thehip.com webmaster, fan, etc...

u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: Balloons

Post by u8555 »

Jessicadoe wrote:Just a note for anyone thinking about taking balloons to a hip concert....DON'T DO IT! Someone had a couple of large balloons for everyone to hit around...Gord was not impressed and after he took a tumble from one he popped it and then loudly announced that he "f***ing hates balloons!"
Didn't think that one requireed a posting. However, chances are that those most likely to bring BALLOONS to a hip concert are not those on this site. For the record.....I fucking hate balloons too.