01/29/07: Peterborough: Memorial Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Re: ....

Post by d_alex_d »

Ryan2 wrote:I think Gord was distracted by it and was pissed - the 2 balloons werent cool at all- he looked pissed =
How could you know, from what I gather, your seats were too far away to notice. :mrgreen:

please note the sarcasm...
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

They loved the balloons, come on professional musicians can deal with anything on stage. A little balloon never hurt anyone?
Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

When Gord busted both balloons it was like dotting the i 's...timing was perfect almost like it was planned !
Roy-at-tth
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Roy-at-tth »

No words for how much I'd like to see a vid of big yellow taxi youtubed
Ryan2
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by Ryan2 »

How could you know, from what I gather, your seats were too far away to notice. Mr. Green

please note the sarcasm...
i had binoculars with me of course!
ha
Hengelo
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Hengelo »

emperor penguin wrote:
Ryan2 wrote: I just thought the setlist was mellow!
actually I love it when they pull out mellow tunes, The highlight of the Barrie show for me the other night was when they played Fiddlers and World Container back to back. All the drunk reckless idiots mellowed right out during those two songs. Then when 100th meridian came on a few songs later, the drunks were kickin chairs around again and pushed a small child into his dad.
You must be refering to the drunk in the Hawaiian shirt and straw cowboy hat making a fool of himself in Row 6 (I was in Row 9 directly behind him). There were a couple times at which I thought the little guy's father was going to slug the idiot.
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

nippleholic wrote:
thehip420 wrote:
headstoner wrote:everyone get there early for the constantines.
reviewers.... include the constantines set list if possible? i'll be curious to see what they play.
can't remember the setlist in order, but this is what they played from what I remember:

Draw Us Lines
Hotline Operator
Working Full Time
Young Lions
On To You
Shine A Light

closed with Nighttime/Anytime

I know I'm missing a couple, and I don't think they played anything off the first album...
thanks bud. damn i wish they were playing hamilton instead of buck 65 :?
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

Hengelo wrote:
emperor penguin wrote:
Ryan2 wrote: I just thought the setlist was mellow!
actually I love it when they pull out mellow tunes, The highlight of the Barrie show for me the other night was when they played Fiddlers and World Container back to back. All the drunk reckless idiots mellowed right out during those two songs. Then when 100th meridian came on a few songs later, the drunks were kickin chairs around again and pushed a small child into his dad.
You must be refering to the drunk in the Hawaiian shirt and straw cowboy hat making a fool of himself in Row 6 (I was in Row 9 directly behind him). There were a couple times at which I thought the little guy's father was going to slug the idiot.
ya, thats the guy
pforget
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by pforget »

I think Gord was upset with the balloons...... When one of the security guys in front hit it back out to the crowd, Gord shook his head a little in disgust while singing.

I thought the show was very solid. Set list is a set list, and one can always find fault with bands with deep catalogues because when they are playing 22 songs, you aren't going to hear everything you'd like. Happy to hear Good Life If You Don't Weaken, one of my absolute favourites, and Little Bones, but also wished to hear Vaccination Scar and 50 Mission and others which we didn't get. Oh well, maybe next time.

Big Yellow Taxi was fun and I thought they did a good job with it given they likely rehearsed it only a few times. Always nice to see spontenaity during shows, and having the Hip play a different cover every night is a nice treat. What many people need to be thankful for is that the Hip changes up their sets EVERY night. Most bands play the exact set in the same order night after night - After 20 shows, they are in danger of going through the motions. Not the Hip. I've been to many shows and have never seen them 'mail it in', and Peterborough on Monday night was no different.

I thought for a crowd of 3500, we made a fair bit of noise. I can't comment on sitting/standing because I was in front.

Was it 'the best' HIP show, probably not. Was it a great Hip show, yes.
:thumb:
Paul.
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

Can someone post the audio of the
Cover Big yellwo taxi.
Bobkajun
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bobkajun »

you don't want much...lol

I wish I had it cuz it was EXCELLENT !

anybody catch the interview on The Wolf 101.5... be nice to have that audio here too !