01/25/07: Barrie: Barrie Molson Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

sullivand
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Thanks

Post by sullivand »

chris wrote:I posted an MP3 of Train In Vain on hipfans.
Listening to your mp3 right now. Good stuff. A big thanks for getting this up so quickly.

Would love to hear some of the other recent covers if anyone has them -- especially Four Strong Winds and Powderfinger?
Hairbird
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Hairbird »

chris wrote:Great show, great stage set-up, and another fairly passive crowd - except during the intermission when the idiots from Rock95 tossed a few large beach balls into the crowd. This was just about the only time that many of the people in the stands seemed into being there.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the loud echo of booos that broke out before the show. When I turned around to see what had happened, I noticed that chris had taken one of the beach balls out of play. What a dick! :lol:
People hated chris even more than the mention of Hamilton by Kathleen Edwards!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Hairbird wrote:
chris wrote:Great show, great stage set-up, and another fairly passive crowd - except during the intermission when the idiots from Rock95 tossed a few large beach balls into the crowd. This was just about the only time that many of the people in the stands seemed into being there.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the loud echo of booos that broke out before the show. When I turned around to see what had happened, I noticed that chris had taken one of the beach balls out of play. What a dick! :lol:
True. I was there, and can confirm that this happened. :thumb:
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

chris wrote:
Hairbird wrote:
True. I was there, and can confirm that this happened. :thumb:
Is this your new attempt at referring to yourself in the third person? :lol: :lol:
prairieman
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by prairieman »

Thank you very much for the detailed review hairbird, and others who have posted, really solid setlist imo.

Personally I think there is a shit-ton of great stuff after DFN, Escape, Lake Fever, Stay, Save the Planet, The Darkest One....christ need I go on....pull yer head and give it a good shake for the love of Pete!
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

Was at the show running around with one of the new Hockey shirts on... selling swag for TTH. Got to cruise in and see Fiddlers Green and Train and Vein amoung a few others... and get paid for it

thecompletist selling la swag

http://picasaweb.google.com/thecompletist/Barrie
Last edited by thecompletist on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

Train In Vain could be the cover every night, and I would be extremely happy.

About three months ago I went through a clash phase, and bought some DVDs and a box set. Train In Vain is my favourite song by the Clash!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

thecompletist wrote:Was at the show running around with one of the new Hockey shirts on... selling swag for TTH. Got to cruise in and see Fiddlers Green and Train and Vein amoung a few others... and get paid for it

thecompletist selling la swag

http://lh3.google.com/image/thecompleti ... imgmax=800
Link doesn't work bud...
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Last edited by chris on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

RevolutionMan
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by RevolutionMan »

im glad they played gus the polar bear! theyre not playing anything from in between evolution thats a shame. last tour was great they had like 5 songs in the set and even played goodnight josephine at a few shows. i mean for the album that came out right before this one id say its not getting a fair share of the setlist. but gus in barrie whoa!
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

RevolutionMan wrote:im glad they played gus the polar bear! theyre not playing anything from in between evolution thats a shame. last tour was great they had like 5 songs in the set and even played goodnight josephine at a few shows. i mean for the album that came out right before this one id say its not getting a fair share of the setlist. but gus in barrie whoa!
I agree that they should try and drop in a couple more songs from IBE but Gus is not really my favourite...Would love to hear just about anything else from the album other than Gus. Maybe Heart of the Melt?
cubby
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

SHOWTIME

Post by cubby »

What time do they hit the stage tonight? I need to plan my drive up to Barrie accordingly. Thanks.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Kathleen Edwards is great, and she hit the stage around 7:30 - 7:45.
Valente
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Valente »

The Hip were out at 8:51 on my watch. Just before 9.