01/25/07: Barrie: Barrie Molson Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

melmobarrie
New Maybe
New Maybe

Barrie show postscript

Post by melmobarrie »

Attended both Barrie shows to get our 2007 Hip fix, and was impressed, personally thought that 2nd show had the edge since Nautical Disaster and Pigeon Camera are probably my favorite Hip songs. Can't validate the following but it came from close friends of ours so we think its reliable. Following the second show, we went home but received a text message from friends who had been out at dinner and decided to stop into a club afterwards. They were a little surprised to have Gord downie walk by them and hop up on stage. We are still trying to get all the details but Gord apparently struck up an impromptu version of New Orleans Is Sinking - Killer Whale Tank version and at least one other song. Too cool.
chris
The Last Recluse

Re: Barrie show postscript

Post by chris »

melmobarrie wrote:Attended both Barrie shows to get our 2007 Hip fix, and was impressed, personally thought that 2nd show had the edge since Nautical Disaster and Pigeon Camera are probably my favorite Hip songs. Can't validate the following but it came from close friends of ours so we think its reliable. Following the second show, we went home but received a text message from friends who had been out at dinner and decided to stop into a club afterwards. They were a little surprised to have Gord downie walk by them and hop up on stage. We are still trying to get all the details but Gord apparently struck up an impromptu version of New Orleans Is Sinking - Killer Whale Tank version and at least one other song. Too cool.
Something tells me that your friends are making that up...
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

emperor penguin wrote:Those pictures are amazing Trevor, when are you quitting your job to become a professional photographer?
Thanks Eric!
Would love to do it - just trying to find someone to pay me! 8)

I had every intention of putting more up tonight but I got a pretty kick bum birthday present in an Xbox 360 today and so I think that will take priority...at least for now.

Thanks again for the compliments. It means a lot!

trevor
crazykid
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by crazykid »

Trevor - great pics. What lens did you use for though?

I notice 200mm and f2.8. You were able to get a lens of that size in, aswell as your dSLR. I think I should try for London. But just dont wanna have to leave my camera gear at the door. I have row 5 there.
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

I think his lense was more like 2000mm :)

I used my Nikon D50 last night in Sudbury with my 55-200mm lense. I was in the 2nd row, if you look through the Sudbury thread you'll see a few I pix I took

http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10648&start=0
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

crazykid wrote:Trevor - great pics. What lens did you use for though?

I notice 200mm and f2.8. You were able to get a lens of that size in, aswell as your dSLR. I think I should try for London. But just dont wanna have to leave my camera gear at the door. I have row 5 there.
I shoot Canon so I can't comment on the quality of Steve's lens (although his pics look just fantastic!). The lens that I used was a 70-200 F2.8L pro-series lens. I didn't hide anything, I just opened my camera bag when they asked me at the door and then they took a quick glance and said "thank you." I was shocked!!! So, being in the 11th row, it was very much needed.

Now I doubt I will ever get that lucky again with security and I was completely surprised that they were that laxed in Barrie but I can't complain.

I suggest if you are not driving and you don't have a car to put your gear in if (and when) security turns you down at the door, then don't bring it. I would never want to leave my stuff at a security desk for the night either.

So, on to other things. I know I said that I wouldn't be uploading a set or anything tonight but I really couldn't resist.

Here are a couple of my favs:

...and of course, our very our MAv capturing Robbie on video

The rest can be found in my Flickr gallery: http://flickr.com/photos/trevorconnell/ ... 503180557/

Whew! That was fun!
Maybe I'll be able to share more after the Oshawa show?

Cheers!
trevor
Billy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Billy »

You take a nice picture Trevor...kudos to you!
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

I Love Those Pics!
d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

amazing as usual trev..good work
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Thanks for sharing, Trevor! You've done us proud again. :thumb:

The band really look like they're enjoying that show as well.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

It's been posted to www.thehiptracker.com
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

chris wrote:It's been posted to www.thehiptracker.com
Great work CK!
Can't wait to hear it again!

t.
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

Man-sized Eldorado, great shots. Way to rock the law of thirds, keep up the good work! Is that MAv shooting with the XL1?
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

My 2 cents (USD)

Post by mastodonfarm »

songs "worth hearing" & worth hearing live:

Trouble@
ABAC (Iwill NEVER gettired of hearing it live - with or without Cookie Fac.!)
Giftshop
Sherpa
Apt. Song

PP
Poets (c'mon the Poets/Details/SHDB recording is amazing!)
Bob C (live and acoustic!)
T. Girl
Membership

M@
Lake Fever (Gord can keep telling us that story over and over)
TO4
Music @ (Gord hams it up so well for this one!)

and the so-called red-headed step children of the bunch...

IVL
Good Life
ATU

IBE
Summer
ICBNEN
Family?
Goodnight

Of course, I'm just a yank, and have only been to 3 shows (with 3 more coming next week!!!), and have only been a fan since 1998 (thank you WDST for enlightening an American!) so what do I know?

"Not worth hearing.."
Seems like a harsh comment for a fan site though...
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

NegPhil wrote:Man-sized Eldorado, great shots. Way to rock the law of thirds, keep up the good work! Is that MAv shooting with the XL1?
Thanks!
That is the one and only MAv!