01/20/07: Winnipeg: MTS Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

01/20/07: Winnipeg: MTS Centre

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
nutsac78
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by nutsac78 »

1 week away... it's giving me shrinkage. :o
2dsmith
New Maybe
New Maybe

tonight

Post by 2dsmith »

Opened with lonely end, nois, I don't have a setlist down yet but we did hear in view, world container, kids dont get it, lonely, ocean, along with a imo some of the greatest hits of old, abac, courage, nois, high dough, fiddlers, three pistols, wheat kings, bobc, hundreth, with encores being Family band, 2000 light years, little bones.

I liked the Sadies set too, they were loud the bass seemed heavy for a great sounding building. Ive heard better sound in copps or even MLG for that matter. You got to play loud to be heard above the winnipeg crowd for sure. The background screen they are using is cool too but could have been clearer, my seats were in section 119 at centre ice 8 rows. Overall a great night and the band rocked the house.
borgs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by borgs »

2000 light years... wow! they're cracking out covers that we haven't heard in 20 years!!!
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

borgs wrote:2000 light years... wow! they're cracking out covers that we haven't heard in 20 years!!!
that's why i think they might be putting out an album of live covers from this tour..
Joe
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Joe »

WOW this was a bichin' concert, Gords little antic in the middle of meridian was priceless, especially when he stuck his "gun" through Sinclairs legs! 2000 light years was nice to hear also, What a night
laliber
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by laliber »

Had a great time the boys were solid from start to finish and my 10 year old saw his first hip show (first rock concert) and loved it – as for me they covered all of the classics each flowing well into the other – highlights a fantastic 100th Meridian, Three Pistols and it was great to hear long time running and fiddlers - and my son wants to say he enjoyed In View the best…. :jump
ewallman
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by ewallman »

Post of a full review in the morning...meantime, WICKED, just WICKED..includeing Fiddlers which was very well received...great crowd...just a great concert....more Sunday once I calm down...
A Hip set list is like a box of chocolates..you never know which one you're going to get.
ewallman
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by ewallman »

2000 light years? Man that cover sounded familair but could not put my finger on it...whjo sang the original?

Edit - Stones tune?
A Hip set list is like a box of chocolates..you never know which one you're going to get.
Shane Kroeker
Completist
Completist

Post by Shane Kroeker »

2000 lightyears! what a stunner! I believe they haven't played it since 1988... What an amzing concert. Stay tuned for Reviews tomorrow.
nutsac78
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by nutsac78 »

Best moments of the night for me were Fiddler's Green, Long Time Running, & the girl in the 3rd row who got on her boyfriends shoulders and lifted her shirt. Seats were awsome! Row 5 right in front of Gord & his mic.
Piper
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Piper »

Rink
NOIS
Fully
Bobc
Drop
ABAC
View
Poets
Fiddler's
WC
Spring
Meridian
Long Time
Kids
Courage
Wheat
Ocean
Pistols
Blow

ENCORE

Family
Bones

Great show. Both the band and the crowd were into it right from the start. By the time FC was played you knew you were a part of a special night. Obviously Fiddler's was a highlight, but tonight's version of Meridian was something else. Gordie was his usual, energetic, dancing self (mic stand was not broken). Could tell that the boys knew that this was a special night by the way Johnny jumped up from behind the drums after the set, pumping his arms in the air, like he had just scored a touchdown.

I didn't think anything could top the WC club shows, but this blew them out of the water.

MAv, I think that this entire show should make up the next installment of the the "Live 10" series (disregarding the fact that there are 22 songs).
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

Once again, a Winnipeg show is the highlight of the tour so far (wasn't there, but these reviews confirm it). Same thing for the IBE tour in '04.... heard nothing but great things about the "Peg show that year...

Rory
Halifax
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

wpghipfan wrote:Once again, a Winnipeg show is the highlight of the tour so far (wasn't there, but these reviews confirm it). Same thing for the IBE tour in '04.... heard nothing but great things about the "Peg show that year...

Rory
Halifax
Now if only you or Mr. Astrope had stayed in Winnipeg to record these shows :mrgreen:
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

Indeed... did Mr Sloggett make the cross country trip?

Rory
Halifax