05/18/07: Erie: Warner Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

05/18/07: Erie: Warner Theatre

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
pmbchase
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by pmbchase »

It's on tonight. Meet up at Calamari's, 13th & State street, second floor. Everybody stop by before the show.
bstrauss24
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bstrauss24 »

Wow...what a venue....and what Sabre support down in Erie PA...either everyone there was from Buffalo, or the love of the team has reached beyond the borders....

Got a setlist...they were going to play 50MC as the last song but changed it to Bones...

Ocean
Twist
In View
Lake Fever (Love Gords acoustic intro to this tune)
Drop Off
ABAC
Poets
Kids
Direwolf
World Container
Inevitability of Death (!!!)
NOIS
LTR
Fireworks (You were loosening my grip on DEREK ROY)
Family Band
BAHD
--------
Rink
Rolling Stones Song Street Fighting Man (Sabre fans, it is the song that plays when the team takes the ice at home...great treat for us!)
Bones (In place of 50MC)

Like I said, the Sabre love was awesome...especially the chanting during the encore and high fiving in the lobby....

The band seemed loose tonight, and most likely happy to the time off they have coming. Can't wait to see them in Artpark. Go Sabres...
borgs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by borgs »

wicked show,

twist my arm kicked more ass than usual
lake fever gave me more shivers than usual
IOD rocked my face off more than usual
street fighting man was a lot of fun.

as i was parking behind the venue i saw paul and gord s. by the time i got out of my car they had hopped back on the bus but bobby was out. i grabbed a picture with him and talked for a second... i doubt rock stars come much nicer than him.

wicked show.
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

Very good show for sure. Lake Fever had a real nice groove to it.
Inevibility of Death was a treat, I was very happy to hear that one.
Long Time Running was pretty good to hear also. First time for me hearing that one live.
Street Fighting Man was SOLID the boys kept it very tight for that song.
Little Bones was the best version I have heard of that one to date. It was smokin good.
Im thinkin that they chose not to play 50Mission Cap because its about Bill Barilko and the Leafs for most of the song and there were a lot of Buffal Sabers fans there chanting Sabers stuff.
It was a very calm crowd a few in front of us actaully left early. Lots of people in the balcony were sitting down, which I didnt mind much as they were in front of me so I had clear view.
pmbchase
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by pmbchase »

Awesome show. It was a really sweet view sitting in the balcony except for everybody sitting down around us. It was great to hear Inevitability of death, wasn't expecting that one at all. I'm really liking the way the world container songs sound live. It was nice to meet up with some folks down at Calamari's and do some bar hopping before the show.
johnd
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by johnd »

I was lucky enough to be in the center of the front row of the Pit for this show. The experience was almost surreal being that close.

I also got a setlist, but not the one that others were handed. This one was handwritten (not a copy) in pen then written over with a sharpie. It has notes that corresponded to Gord's intros for a couple of songs.

I have posted a scan of the setlist along with some pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8446533@N08/?saved=1 .

I hope the link will work.

My 6th Hip show and all have been great, but being in the front row leaning on the stage watching the Hip, getting an original setlist, I'm not sure I can ever expect better.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Excellent! I'd love to hear the cover of Street Fighting Man as well.
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

This was my 6th show as well, had the best seats I've ever had (4th row center stage!) and it was a treat to see Gord play so many different characters up close and personal. Gord mimicked a mime, a gorilla, a fish, a go-go dancer :lol: :lol: and a couple personas that made the night enjoyable. There was a little kid in a Pittsburgh Pirates hat who got a bonaza of goodies (Gord's hankie, Johhny's sticks and a setlist) that will make him the envy of his buddies for the rest of his life. It was a real treat to hear LTR and Lake Fever as well. It was great meeting Mr and Mrs. Horrible Esthete :P and I enjoyed my slight moment of fake fame when a couple people at Calimari's mistook my semi-bald head for Chris Chris. :lol: :lol: All in all, a great show :D :thumb: :thumb:
thedarkcanuck
Completist
Completist

Post by thedarkcanuck »

that setlist looks like gords chicken scratch :)
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
The Heron Outside
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by The Heron Outside »

His little notes beside the songs (Which I can only assume is how he intro'd the songs) are too fuckin' cool...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
pmbchase
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by pmbchase »

My audio recording turned out really good I think. The bad news is I messed up again and it's missing all of Yer Not the Ocean and some of Twist My Arm. Fortunately I figured out what was wrong early in the show and recorded the rest. I thought I saw a at least one other set of mics, so hopefully there's a complete copy. I also saw a couple video cameras in the balcony. I'm really hoping that gets out.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The regular fleet of tapers were at the show... so their recordings should be released through the tracker.
pmbchase
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by pmbchase »

Thanks Chris, can't wait for that. Just found this video of Fireworks on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59GgGVKpmms
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

I know that I am going to come off as Ms. Sour Grapes, however I have to say that I wasn't all the impressed with the Erie show. Perhaps I had let myself build up unrealistic expectations, but I thought that the setlist was a tad lackluster for such a great venue and an energetic crowd. Also, through no fault of the band, the sound in the balcony was muddled at best.

Previous posters have mentioned the highlights, as I saw them, already. It was great to hear "Lake Fever" and "Long Time Running". Also, it was a pleasure to meet Chris, not to be confused with Chris Chris. Another refreshing turn in this show was the lack of objects being hurled at the stage. (For those who aren't aware, someone chucked a beer can at the stage in Cleveland on Wenesday night.)

Also, I could have done without the constant Sabers chants which popped up between each song. :roll:

-Jenna