05/14/07: Minneapolis: First Avenue

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Christian Schutz
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Christian Schutz »

Just the music. It was performed in true jam fashion. Daredevil to follow it up was ferocious, crisp, and (unfortunately) a tad tainted by the idiot who hucked his T at Gord.
Christian Schutz
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Just the music. It was performed in true jam fashion. Daredevil to follow it up was ferocious, crisp, and (unfortunately) a tad tainted by the idiot who chucked his T at Gord.
Christian Schutz
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Just the music. It was performed in true jam fashion. Daredevil to follow it up was ferocious, crisp, and (unfortunately) a tad tainted by the idiot who chucked his T at Gord.
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

sullivand wrote: Hiccups
Daredevil
Sherpa
Why, why, why couldn't they wait until tonight (Madison) to play these ??? Sh*te. Minneapolis can suck my arse. :twisted:
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

Double post. (Hiccup).
Last edited by john cage on Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

I'm just really glad that Nashville has emerged again. I don't even think it was played during any of the club shows last fall!
Damn shame too...
I don't have to tell fellow 'Basers about how much ass Nashville kicks.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Just saw the video on youtube from the T-shirt throwing incident. Yup, Gord is pissed and rightly so. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
sullivand
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sullivand »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Just saw the video on youtube from the T-shirt throwing incident. Yup, Gord is pissed and rightly so. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
In Madison last night, we were up front before the show talking about the "T-shirt incident" with some fans from we'd met from Chicago, and Billy Ray overheard us. "You talking about last night?" Yep. He said the T-shirt hit the microphone, which then hit Gordie in the teeth. So, yeah, I'd say he got fired up for a good reason.
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by FighterAndLover »

That makes more sense, and helps understand the "I lost some teeth for that."

Somebody put a few videos up (though he didn't even know the name of Bobcaygeon), I like this one bc it shows Johnny giving me the drumsticks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TQO03ONKMI

Another sidenote, on the setlist they had Luv(sic) but they crossed it off and played Kids instead. I'd have rather seen Luv(sic) because they played Kids in Chicago, but it still is an awesome song.
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

Theres no way he lost teeth that night he was refering to another time
He said Ive lost a few teeth doing this. Losing your teeth is painful and the show woulda ended right there.
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Bootlegger420 wrote:Theres no way he lost teeth that night he was refering to another time
He said Ive lost a few teeth doing this. Losing your teeth is painful and the show woulda ended right there.
I don't think anyone here actually thinks he lost teeth in Minneapolis... he was just exaggerating to prove a point. :thumb:
hip
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hip »

sean.bonner wrote:I'm just really glad that Nashville has emerged again. I don't even think it was played during any of the club shows last fall!
Damn shame too...
I don't have to tell fellow 'Basers about how much ass Nashville kicks.
They played Nashville at one of the Phoenix shows, it was amazing to hear again. That is my favorite song of IBE, time to hear Josephine and Copenhagen again!
cygash
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by cygash »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Just saw the video on youtube from the T-shirt throwing incident. Yup, Gord is pissed and rightly so. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
I only saw the youtube thing once, but after he told the guy "F*** you!" he also said (paraphrasing) I don't need fans like you in my audience. The rest of the crowd roared in agreement as we watched the Drunken A**hole get hauled away by his belt by the very burly Hip Security dude.
It was a fantastic night otherwise. I was front row, right in front of Gord D. the whole show. Bliss. LOVED that they played Sherpa & Daredevil.
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

cygash wrote: The rest of the crowd roared in agreement as we watched the Drunken A**hole get hauled away by his belt by the very burly Hip Security dude.
are you sure? I didn't think he got kicked out, I was about four rows right in front of him, though. where were you standing?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

With thanks to the taper, I just posted Bastards Of Young to www.hipfans.com