04/29/07: Washington: 9:30 Club

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

jackstraw
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by jackstraw »

I will take a "lets go Sabers” chant in between songs over totally annoying Canadians waving their flag obscuring my view during the entire show. Additionally, they always seem to be the ones around me pushing and shoving, trying to get in front. For those Canadians that don't engage in this type of obnoxious behavior: sorry if I offended you, and thanks.
jgardz
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by jgardz »

hey jackstraw...I'm a Canadian who goes to a lot of shows, and I too hate the "Captain Canada" idiots....makes the rest of us look bad...kinda like George W. for americans.....
Marcus1970
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Marcus1970 »

I don't think Gord appreciates the overly enthusiastic Canadians either. In Boston, just before the encore, many people were singing the Canadian anthem. When Gord came on stage he asked why peolpe were singing that song. He said something along the lines of not needing anthems. During the last bars of Escape he kind of mockingly mouthed the first verse of O Canada and when the song ended yelled "F*ck! That's my anthem.
u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by u8555 »

gentoo wrote:There were 2 songs on the setlist that weren't played. Rink was supposed to be after BobC, and Bones was to be the final song. At the end of the main set Gord said "this is the sweatiest fucking show we've ever played" so I don't know if that had anything to do with shortening the show.
The more I think about it, I kept remembering how embarassed I was for the Hip that those Jackasses were chanting "Let's go Sabres" between songs, and before the encore. Not knowing anyting else, I could certainly see how they were more than obliged to let the Sabre fans out a little early to go catch the highlights. Really pisses me off if that was the case.
bhaley29
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by bhaley29 »

senrab wrote:I wonder if it's because the last subway Sunday - Thursday leaves a little before midnight?

yep...we nearly missed the train- they had to link us up with others that had already stopped services to get us out to Vienna Station. There were about 25 'Hipsters' on that ride!
SoylentGreg
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by SoylentGreg »

u8555 wrote:The more I think about it, I kept remembering how embarassed I was for the Hip that those Jackasses were chanting "Let's go Sabres" between songs, and before the encore. Not knowing anyting else, I could certainly see how they were more than obliged to let the Sabre fans out a little early to go catch the highlights. Really pisses me off if that was the case.
I think it had less to do with hockey and more to do with the fact that Gord looked like he was going to pass out.