04/25/07: New York: Irving Plaza

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

04/25/07: New York: Irving Plaza

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
girthy69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by girthy69 »

Anyone have any guesses what time the Hip will hit the stage for this show. I see the doors are at 8. Hip around 9?
eatmecompletely
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by eatmecompletely »

who is going to this
i cant wait
girthy69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by girthy69 »

I am coming from Kingston, ON. So pumped about the show. Irving Plaza looks cool from the Web site. Have you been to the venue before, eatmecompletely.
The Hip's site says the show is sold out but the Live Nation site said there are still tickets available.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

girthy69 wrote:Anyone have any guesses what time the Hip will hit the stage for this show. I see the doors are at 8. Hip around 9?
At the last few shows, the band seem to on stage closer to 10pm. Check Mark's Blog, as he tends to list details like that. Plus, it's a really interesting read! :thumb:
girthy69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by girthy69 »

Thanks for the heads up. Take care.
eatmecompletely
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by eatmecompletely »

i havent been to the venue
but walked there to get tickets

it looks aweosme!

Cant wait

I bet they play a dylan cover (just like those tom blues !)
mcgraw68
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mcgraw68 »

Irving Plaza is a great venue I saw the Hip on the IVL tour back to back. Anybody have a good place for a preshow warm up in the area???
girthy69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by girthy69 »

Hey mcgraw68, what was the crowd like? A lot of Canadians? Everyone into it? I have seen the Hip twice in Syracuse and once in Darien Lakes and the crowds were really into it, which made me happy. I couldn't believe the amount of tailgatters at the Darien Lakes show two or three summers ago.
mcgraw68
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mcgraw68 »

Crowd was definitely into it, but not too pushy probably 3 quarters ex pats. The place is a great venue with a balcony too. I remember dashing back to the bar at one point and grabbing shots for the my buddies. Meaning there was room to get around the place. This is going to be a Tues Wed thing so not sure how bonkers people will be getting????
mcgraw68
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mcgraw68 »

By the way Girt are you going to both shows?
girthy69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by girthy69 »

I am only going to the Wednesday show. Flying down out of Syracuse early Wednesday morning. Couldn't get Tuesday off work. I will be interested if the second show will have more rarities.
inaworldcontainer
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by inaworldcontainer »

I saw THE HIP a few years back at IRVING PLAZA. It is a great place to see THE HIP. Small but great sound.

I flew in from Toronto and I saw them.

They were also opening for PAGE/PLANT at MSG that week end.

I managed to get 30 row center , 3 hours before that sold out show for $50 from the box office.

You can usually always get singles for any sold out show.

Any way , THE HIP were nervous before PAGE/PLANT and they opened with N. Disaster [A very strange choice to me].

It didn't go that well , because GORD wasn't his usual GORD and he mostly just stood at the mic and song every thing , straight.
I don't blame him at all for being nervous considering those heavy curcumstances.

They were fantastic at IRVING PLAZA.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

inaworldcontainer wrote:I saw THE HIP a few years back at IRVING PLAZA. It is a great place to see THE HIP. Small but great sound.

I flew in from Toronto and I saw them.

They were also opening for PAGE/PLANT at MSG that week end.

I managed to get 30 row center , 3 hours before that sold out show for $50 from the box office.

You can usually always get singles for any sold out show.

Any way , THE HIP were nervous before PAGE/PLANT and they opened with N. Disaster [A very strange choice to me].

It didn't go that well , because GORD wasn't his usual GORD and he mostly just stood at the mic and song every thing , straight.
I don't blame him at all for being nervous considering those heavy curcumstances.

They were fantastic at IRVING PLAZA.
The MSG show can be downloaded here: http://thehiptracker.com/torrents-details.php?id=199
inaworldcontainer
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by inaworldcontainer »

Excellent and thanks!