04/20/07: Boston: Avalon

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

It was a helluva show. They covered Bob Marley and did the usual show stopping 100th with the mic stand twirling and "Frampton" interlude.

This will be my only US show on this tour, and I wasn't dissapointed. In fact, this is show 20 something or maybe even 30 for me, and they've never ever, let me down.

I'm always a bit nervous going to these shows with Yanks. I wonder if it'll live up to my hype. So far, the boys are 100%. Never fail.

I put our mark on the steps of the Boston Museum of Fine Art the day after the show:

Last edited by Stephen Dame on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tlcbabin
New Maybe
New Maybe

Avalon

Post by tlcbabin »

We arrived in Boston very early (1ish) for fear of traffic with the game....got a chance to check out the venue early while they were setting up. That place was way too small, imo. I did get right up front though and I Loved the Marley cover! Even if he is a white guy from Canada, I think Robert Nesta would be proud!....and let's not forget, he was half white. I am partial to anything Marley..even my daughter's name was inspired by him... this IS Love!
I didn't think the sound was that bad from where I was.
My Husband had a Leafs jersey on and he had never,in his life, been asked so many times, "Are you Canadian?" YES and proud of it! (His nickname was Gilmour all night!) What a great show! Gordie is so much fun to watch! This band is so tight! I can't wait to see them again!
I agree about the merchandise...I did buy two shirts in ATL though 'just because'
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

sean.bonner wrote: 18: Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man
19: Is This Love (Bob Marley & The Wailers)
20: Blow At High Dough

(from thehip.com)
wow, what an encore!
tlcbabin
New Maybe
New Maybe

from wichita

Post by tlcbabin »

Jack Straw wrote:My sister just dropped these tickets on me yesterday as a birthday gift. Road trip! Plus the Yankees are in town. And it's the 4:20 show....
Jack

PS I hope they play NOIS 2nd. That would just blow me away! lol
Many Happy Returns!
Did you make it to Hampton?
jeff topping
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by jeff topping »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... omm2147965

i just upped a great recording of this show. go get it!!