04/12/07: Detroit: State Theater

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

sean.bonner wrote:I just started listening to the boot...
and I am taken aback by how rocking/awesome this version of In View is. Simply phenomenal! I think everyone should DL this, based on In View alone! I can't wait to hear the rest!
If Hipbase is up to date this was the first time Thugs has been played since 11/11/02? I just got done listening to this version from Detroit and it sounds like its been played every night since 1995, unbelievable how solid this version is, wow.
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

It's been played on the club tour, and maybe a few times on the arena tour.
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

It's only been played one other time on the WC tour, in Calgary for one of the club dates.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
tth_fan
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by tth_fan »

sean.bonner wrote:It's only been played one other time on the WC tour, in Calgary for one of the club dates.
Ya, and it was totally awesome. :thumb:
If you haven't heard that concert (Oct. 29th, '06) or the one from the day before where they played Fiddler's for the first time (Oct. 28th, '06), I suggest you get the boots.
li99sh79
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by li99sh79 »

sean.bonner wrote:I just started listening to the boot...
tth_fan wrote:I suggest you get the boots.
grrr, they're not boots. Bootlegs implies illegality, and there is nothing illegal about the recording and free distribution of Hip shows.
Karabou
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Karabou »

Woo, this reply is late, but I'm brand new to the comm and pretty new to the band as well.

I was lucky enough to go to the April 12th show, which was my first Hip concert ever. We had loge seating, which turned out to be general admission, thankfully we were there early enough and we got front row seats off to the left. I had a perfect view of the band. Someone else here mentioned they were in loge as well and the sound was bad, but I thought they sounded great. Although, I don't have any other Hip concerts to compare it to.

I came into the concert with no expectations and no idea what sort of show the band would put on. I knew that Gord liked to dance and such on stage because of what a friend told me, but to see it in person was such a surprise, I really hadn't expected him to be such a crazy guy. I loved watching him play with the mic stand and his towels, and the bra someone threw on stage, lol.

One of my favorite moments was in the middle of At The Hundreth Meridian when he spun around on the bottem of the mic stand with a towel over his face, and his arms up like he was a zombie or something. The band puts on a great show, and I was so sad I couldn't go to the next night's show (especially when Gord ended the concert with 'see you tomorrow'!), but my fiance who went with me isn't a fan and he'd only go to one night's show. No one else I know likes them, which is really frustrating. I think the US needs to start playing them over here, I'm pretty sure that the only reason one of the stations I listen to (93.9) plays them is because we're so close to Windsor and it's a Canadian station.

Anyway, they played three of my very favorite songs (It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken, Bobcaygeon, and World Container), so I felt very lucky. I'm really only bummed that I missed Grace, Too, which they played the following night.

I can't wait for their next tour! ...And they're not even done with this one, yet. If only I could follow em around like hugh23. ;)
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

Karabou wrote:
One of my favorite moments was in the middle of At The Hundreth Meridian when he spun around on the bottem of the mic stand with a towel over his face, and his arms up like he was a zombie or something. The band puts on a great show, and I was so sad I couldn't go to the next night's show (especially when Gord ended the concert with 'see you tomorrow'!), but my fiance who went with me isn't a fan and he'd only go to one night's show. No one else I know likes them, which is really frustrating.
I would advise reading the following thread.
http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10779

:lol: :lol:

I feel your pain, my girlfriend isnt too big of a Hip fan, but she does love Blue Rodeo, so there is always hope! :thumb: And welcome to the community. :)
Karabou
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Karabou »

I would advise reading the following thread.
http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10779

:lol: :lol:

I feel your pain, my girlfriend isnt too big of a Hip fan, but she does love Blue Rodeo, so there is always hope! :thumb: And welcome to the community. :)

LOL! That is a great poll. Thankfully my fiance is nice enough about it. He likes five songs, he says, and told me he enjoyed the concert because Gord was so funny, but man, I need a kindred spirit to go concerting with!

Blue Rodeo is pretty good! I wish you luck. ;)
Bookhead
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Bookhead »

Karabou wrote: "I was so sad I couldn't go to the next night's show (especially when Gord ended the concert with 'see you tomorrow'!"

Karabou, I was at the show and I felt exactly the same as you did when Gord said that. I was really bummed that I wouldn't be able to go to the next night's show! :(