03/29/07: Seattle: Moore Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Re: Seattle iPod vid and DVD

Post by opiated »

Spycouple wrote: There's a fantastic sneezing fit that I unfortunately run into at the tail end of this sequence of songs. Like knowing you're going to sneeze while driving. Kinda funny.
I had a massive sneezing fit at the Moore as well
Spycouple
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: Seattle iPod vid and DVD

Post by Spycouple »

opiated wrote:
Spycouple wrote: There's a fantastic sneezing fit that I unfortunately run into at the tail end of this sequence of songs. Like knowing you're going to sneeze while driving. Kinda funny.
I had a massive sneezing fit at the Moore as well
You know, some friends in Seattle actually mentioned that they avoid going to the Moore because of the air quality. I thought they were being a bit over-the-top, but maybe there's something to it.

Then again, it was a Hip show, with strangely mellowing particles wafting in the concert air.
Dal
New Maybe
New Maybe

Another

Post by Dal »

Fantastic Show. I moved out of Seattle 2 years ago & missed the Showbox show. I flew 500 miles from Boise to see this one. If I recall they've never played Nautical Disaster in Seattle. I could be wrong of course.
Great, great show. By far, the best live band out there. Seattle shows are always a treat as are the people I meet.
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

no lady, dog doesn't like the idea of a kennel and if I quit my job I can't go on the road anymore :(

It was a good idea but unfortunatly we'll have to figure something else out.
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

Watching the Spycouple video of the Moore Show made me realize just how awesome that night was. The crowed was singing along the entire time.

Quick note for my fellow Internets beginners, the iPod version works great on my PC. It's a NP4 that runs on the RealPlayer.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

NegPhil wrote:Watching the Spycouple video of the Moore Show made me realize just how awesome that night was. The crowed was singing along the entire time.

Quick note for my fellow Internets beginners, the iPod version works great on my PC. It's a NP4 that runs on the RealPlayer.
MP4 should play on Windows and Macs with ease... Quicktime Player (a free download) and iTunes (also free) will both play it.
Spycouple
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Spycouple »

Well, since my YouSendIt account has apparently been maxed out at its 40GB transfer limit from this Hip clip, and my streaming server is no longer, I'll have to resort to a Google video account....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 7&hl=en-CA

I tried uploading the mp4 to thehundredthmeridian.com site. Not sure if it made it past that pesky line of longitude.
O.N.
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by O.N. »

Nice to see they pulled out Jumping Jack Flash, Robbie did a few bars of it during the intro to Poets at the Toronto show in February.

He also played a few bars of Whole Lotta Love during Fire in the Hole. I wonder if we'll hear that cover in the near future?
trickrider
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by trickrider »

did anybody do a full audio recording of this show? i'd love to have it on my ipod, the energy was wicked.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

trickrider wrote:did anybody do a full audio recording of this show? i'd love to have it on my ipod, the energy was wicked.
:welcome
trickrider
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by trickrider »

thanks!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

trickrider wrote:did anybody do a full audio recording of this show? i'd love to have it on my ipod, the energy was wicked.
Yes.

www.thehiptracker.com will be the place to find it when it gets released...
trickrider
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by trickrider »

fantastic, your efforts are very much appreciated! i am stoked. thanks.
marbles
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by marbles »

Chris your videos in the past are always fantastic and I hope to see the Moore DVD in its complete form sometime in the future. My wife and I were at the show and we were about 13 rows back and it was a rockin in there. We had a great time. We were looking forward to the Moore show since The Hip were forced to cut there set short at the Gorge last May at Sasquatch because of the Hailstorm. As for sneezing it was probably allergies the Moore is very old but it isn't a bad venue. The Commodore in Vancouver is definately more comfortable but I was glad to see them in my hometown for once. (:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Thanks... BigA is producing the Seattle DVD, and his last update on the project from April 5 was "I am 55 minutes into the Seattle DVD edit, hopefully by this weekend."