03/29/07: Seattle: Moore Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

direwolf74 wrote:I noticed something yesterday, and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it. The first 7 songs of the setlist have been exactly the same over the last 4 shows:

View
New O
Drop Off
Good Life
Family Band
ABAC
Ocean

I really hope the boys don't continue this trend for the rest of the tour. That just seems so boring and scripted to me. Up until the L.A. show they were mixing it up pretty nicely, and I'm hoping they return to that when the tour resumes in Detroit.
Sadly, it's actually a bit more stagnant than that.

These shows all had:

World Container - #9
100th M - #12
Bobcaygeon -#13
Kids - #14
LEOTR - #17
Blow - #18

So over the last 4 shows, 13 of 18 songs in the regular set are identical in terms of set order.

Furthermore, in three of the four shows:

Springtime - #13
Fully Completely - #15
Scared #16

As someone said before, this discourages fans from attending more than one show.

:cry:
Marcus1970
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Marcus1970 »

I really hope that's a trend that doesn't continue. Thats the beauty of seeing more than one show per tour right? Different songs, different show...etc
I know what you mean. I bought tickets for 3 consecutive shows in April with the hopes of hearing a wide variety of songs. If their setlists were this predictable eariler in the tour, I would have just opted for 1 show.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll enjoy myself even if they keep the setlists similar.
Locked6
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Locked6 »

The Horrible Esthete wrote:
direwolf74 wrote:I noticed something yesterday, and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it. The first 7 songs of the setlist have been exactly the same over the last 4 shows:

View
New O
Drop Off
Good Life
Family Band
ABAC
Ocean

I really hope the boys don't continue this trend for the rest of the tour. That just seems so boring and scripted to me. Up until the L.A. show they were mixing it up pretty nicely, and I'm hoping they return to that when the tour resumes in Detroit.

These shows all had:

World Container - #9
100th M - #12
Bobcaygeon -#13
Kids - #14
LEOTR - #17
Blow - #18

So over the last 4 shows, 13 of 18 songs in the regular set are identical in terms of set order.

Springtime - #13
Fully Completely - #15
Scared #16

As someone said before, this discourages fans from attending more than one show.

This is too bad that this is happening. I think once they recharge after the junos they will start to mix it up again. This is the problem that we run into because the band has set our expectations bar super high with great spontaneous (varied) performances.
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

Great show. The Seattle audience really got into the spirit last night. The place went nuts from the moment The Hip came out. After the show I got to shake hands and say hello to Paul. We talked a bit about the hail storm at Sasquatch last summer. He was just standing around with Gord Sinclare chatting with fans outside The Whisky Bar. How cool is that. I also got to shake hands and have a quick chat with Bobby. He was chilling with some friends at the Night Lite after the show. It was cool to be able to thank them personally for the great music. I made a point to ask them both to come back this summer.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

Great show last night..i enjoyed it so much, and the band was in such good form I actually enjoyed Courage...Scared brought me to tears, and Gord was at his best..almost tripped into the first few rows near the end of the show, and it cracked the rest of the band up....blowing on Pauls neck during the beginning of Scared was a little "out there" as well, and 2 mic stands made it into the crowd, and about 10 towels near the end..they were havin a blast!!!
kleh
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by kleh »

chris wrote:Roll on over to http://hipfans.com/?p=363 to hear the cover...
incredible!! love it!
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

kleh wrote:
chris wrote:Roll on over to http://hipfans.com/?p=363 to hear the cover...
incredible!! love it!
it did sound amazing!!!
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

i don;t like how they've been opening with in view mostly for the american tour. it just doesn't seem like a good opener.
Spycouple
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Seattle iPod vid and DVD

Post by Spycouple »

Here's a "rough sketch" of video shot a couple nights ago in Seattle. The smaller file is a mp4 version while the big file is a DVD image, both on YouSendIt. Downie is pretty animated on this (boxing with the mic, destroying mic stands, etc.). I didn't get the blowing on Paul's neck bit, but there is a part where it seems Gordie might pull out his Jimmy Morrison. :shock:

It turned out a bit better than expected. I'm finding the Sony PDR-DX10 way too touchy to get the nice slow Kubrick zooms, but it's helluva camera. Just not used to it.

There's a fantastic sneezing fit that I unfortunately run into at the tail end of this sequence of songs. Like knowing you're going to sneeze while driving. Kinda funny.

ipod video file:

http://download.yousendit.com/67AA6B204CB67526

DVD:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... amMwTVE9PQ

Enjoy!
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

Locked6 wrote:
The Horrible Esthete wrote:

View
New O
Drop Off
Good Life
Family Band
ABAC
Ocean

These shows all had:

World Container - #9
100th M - #12
Bobcaygeon -#13
Kids - #14
LEOTR - #17
Blow - #18

Springtime - #13
Fully Completely - #15
Scared #16

This is too bad that this is happening. I think once they recharge after the junos they will start to mix it up again. This is the problem that we run into because the band has set our expectations bar super high with great spontaneous (varied) performances.
Eleven songs were played in both Anaheim and LA. Of those eleven, nine of them were played in the same exact position two nights in a row, why? We’re talking back to back nights on a Friday and a Saturday, two cities that are 30 miles away from each other, and yet they repeat more than half the setlist? Don’t get me wrong, I thought the Anaheim show was great, but I was convinced the LA show was going to be something special. I could not believe five of the first six songs were the same and were played in the exact same order!

What happened between NY and the West Coast? They came out of the box strong playing Daredevil, Fiddler’s Green, Pigeon Camera, and 38 Years Old at the first two shows, and then they get stuck in a rut halfway through the tour? Seems like the opposite would happen, you start off conservative and then start to mix it up as the tour rolls on…but what do I know?

I’m sure a two week respite will do them some good and Detroit will reap the benefits and be treated to a couple of ridiculous sets. Hopefully they will keep it up throughout the entire leg of the tour…
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Re: Seattle iPod vid and DVD

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Spycouple wrote:Here's a "rough sketch" of video shot a couple nights ago in Seattle. The smaller file is a mp4 version while the big file is a DVD image, both on YouSendIt. Downie is pretty animated on this (boxing with the mic, destroying mic stands, etc.). I didn't get the blowing on Paul's neck bit, but there is a part where it seems Gordie might pull out his Jimmy Morrison. :shock:

It turned out a bit better than expected. I'm finding the Sony PDR-DX10 way too touchy to get the nice slow Kubrick zooms, but it's helluva camera. Just not used to it.

There's a fantastic sneezing fit that I unfortunately run into at the tail end of this sequence of songs. Like knowing you're going to sneeze while driving. Kinda funny.

ipod video file:

http://download.yousendit.com/67AA6B204CB67526

DVD:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... amMwTVE9PQ

Enjoy!
Wow thx alot! That is very nice and definitely worth the bump :thumb:
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

Great job Spycouple!
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

mcwslc wrote: What happened between NY and the West Coast? They came out of the box strong playing Daredevil, Fiddler’s Green, Pigeon Camera, and 38 Years Old at the first two shows, and then they get stuck in a rut halfway through the tour?
I left the tour after Austin, I think that's what happened :mrgreen:
Spycouple
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Spycouple »

NegPhil wrote:Great job Spycouple!
Thanks!

As mentioned, it seems to have turned out better than I thought it would be. The spot that I found on the balcony looked like it would be perfect, but was less so (the support arches were frustrating and had my legs falling asleep while sitting). Paul would also play way back in the stage and was often cut off by an overhanging speaker, making it difficult to angle around the pillar.

Anyway, I don't usually go with colour (I much prefer the B&W feel and consistency), but this show seemed to call for a bit more visual flourish and the camera is pretty good for colour so I kept it in.

cheers,

jf
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

dreyfuss wrote:
mcwslc wrote: What happened between NY and the West Coast? They came out of the box strong playing Daredevil, Fiddler’s Green, Pigeon Camera, and 38 Years Old at the first two shows, and then they get stuck in a rut halfway through the tour?
I left the tour after Austin, I think that's what happened :mrgreen:
Who told you it was okay to leave the tour? :rambo:

Well you know what you have to do…quit your job, dump your lady, put the dog in the kennel and get your ass back on the road. :thumb: