03/23/07: Aneheim: House of Blues

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

03/23/07: Aneheim: House of Blues

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
bauer
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bauer »

Go early and see The Sadies, You will not be disappointed! They are a SUPER GREAT band and very very nice guys.
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

As far as I know the cupboard is kind of bare when it comes to legendary bands that’ve emerged from Anaheim, CA. Therefore, how about a band from Orange County instead, say Social Distortion? I could see them pulling off Story of My Life or Ball and Chain.

BTW…Anaheim is spelled with two "a's" not two "e's". Now I can sleep at night. :wink:
BootHunter
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by BootHunter »

bauer wrote:Go early and see The Sadies, You will not be disappointed! They are a SUPER GREAT band and very very nice guys.
What are you on buddy, they are ok, but they are not so great that you have to spam the message boards.

How old are you?
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

BootHunter wrote:
bauer wrote:Go early and see The Sadies, You will not be disappointed! They are a SUPER GREAT band and very very nice guys.
What are you on buddy, they are ok, but they are not so great that you have to spam the message boards.

How old are you?
i wouldnt be hunting any boots around here after those remarks :lol:
jgardz
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by jgardz »

BootHunter wrote:

How old are you?
wtf??? who the hell do you think YOU are??? Don't you find it hard to hunt for boots with your head stuck so firmly up your arse?
socalhipfan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by socalhipfan »

11 hours til they take the stage at the house of mouse...
screw_ball
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by screw_ball »

BootHunter wrote:

How old are you?
I hope you're not going to be at the show.

I'm supposed to be leaving soon if my ride finally gets here. They don't seem to understand what Friday rush hour traffic is.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

BIGVDOGG wrote:
BootHunter wrote:

How old are you?
i wouldnt be hunting any boots around here after those remarks :lol:

hunting boots up his ass maybe
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

01 - In View
02 - New Orleans Is Sinking
03 - Yer Not The Ocean
04 - 'It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken'
05 - Family Band
06 - Ahead By A Century
07 - Fly
08 - Courage
09 - Pretend
10 - Long Time Running
11 - Springtime In Vienna
12 - At The Hundredth Meridian
13 - Sherpa
14 - The Kids Don't Get It
15 - Grace, Too
16 - Wheat Kings
17 - The Lonely End Of The Rink
18 - Little Bones

19 - COVER - "Mr. Soul" - Neil Young
20 - Nautical Disaster
21 - My Music At Work
socalhipfan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by socalhipfan »

TLB wrote: 10 - Long Time Running
11 - Springtime In Vienna
12 - At The Hundredth Meridian
13 - Sherpa
14 - The Kids Don't Get It
15 - Grace, Too
16 - Wheat Kings
17 - The Lonely End Of The Rink
18 - Little Bones
this was an amazingly strong second half to the set....gord wasn't as wacky as he was in vegas, although he still called out the names of "i remember everyone" but no yolanda tonight....little bones is such a great closer to the main set.
screw_ball
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by screw_ball »

Man, tonight was insane. At first, I thought we weren't gonna make it because my best friend, who was driving, was pissed off because of his already messed up day, and now was pissed off at me because we disagreed at which time we should leave. I said as soon as I got out of school, since we could beat the traffic. I got these tickets for my birthday and this was obviously really important for me, and I thought he was acting kind of selfish. You see, this is the kind of guy who smooths everything out in the end. Nothing ever goes wrong around him, and we've been through a lot of crazy shit together. His girlfriend was coming too, but she need to stop on Ontario (not that one) which was about 20 minutes above Anaheim. We were already a half hour late on our schedule, but all she needed to do was get a paper signed. Well, my friend was already on edge, and I, kind of freaking out at that point about the time, snapped at him, which made him angry at his girlfriend because she told him to slow down. She started crying, and I didn't say anything. I didn't want to make him angrier. It's rare that he gets mad, but it's extreme when he does. Anyway, I try and say something about the time later when we missed out exit, and we pulled over and yelled at each other. Anyway, when we finally get to Anaheim, all is forgiven. We can't be in a bad mood for the Hip. We get there and work our way through to the fifth row. The Sadies were OK, but to quote someone behind me, "They look like they're playing for themselves instead of tha audience". Still, they had a solid set. Then, the Hip. Goddamn that was a good show. About halfway some guy helped me to the second row and I went insane. I hadn't eaten all day, and all I had in my belly was a Monster and a beer the guy in front of me gave me. I was dehydrated and about to pass out, but I didn't care. I still shook my fist and pogoed. My friend Ryan (the one who was driving) provided the cigarette (a clove, actually) for Gord's 100th rant, and I'm unfortunately the one who threw the shirt at Gord during Little Bones. In the heat of the moment, I decided to show him my throwqing arm when he mentioned "football Kennedy-style" and it hit him square in the chest. He looked at it inquisitively for a second and then one of the techs threw it in the back. I liked that shirt, too. Oh well. After the show, we started talking to this man and woman at the bar, and we ended up smoking a little pot with the man. We'd brought some to celebrate, and were glad to share it with another Hip fan. We got stoned, went to Del Taco, and somehow managed to get back to San Diego, though I had to keep Jordan (Ryan's girlfriend) awake while she was driving. All in alll, an amazing night, and hopefully another tomorrow night up in L.A.!

Edit: Also, the set was amazing, as you see. Highlights for me: Long Time Running, Springtime, Sherpa, Little Bones
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Mr. Soul is up for download: http://hipfans.com/?p=363
Kincher
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Kincher »

Thanks Chris and tapers for getting Mr. Soul up so quick, great cover!!!
Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

That has got to be my favorite cover so far. Thanx for posting it. It does Buffalo Springfield's version so much justice(most notably the backing vocals).