03/21/07: Las Vegas: House Of Blues

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

1. Everything is recorded to hard drive.
2. The tapers get back to the hotel and email or FTP the file to me.
3. I put it on hipfans.com

How does Mark do it? Well, he wants to. And where there is a will, there's a way. The hotels and gas have been split between multiple people for most of the trek, the tickets are not that much... all told, it's the time that would hold most people back. But he has a job that allows him to carry over vacation days from previous years, and do some work from the road if absolutely necessary.

At least that's how I see it. ;)
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Has anyone got a link to Mark's blog, please? I'd love to read it! :thumb:
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Zenith wrote:Has anyone got a link to Mark's blog, please? I'd love to read it! :thumb:
You can find it through Hipfans.com. I believe it is on page 2 now...
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:
Zenith wrote:Has anyone got a link to Mark's blog, please? I'd love to read it! :thumb:
You can find it through Hipfans.com. I believe it is on page 2 now...
Ok, thanks Trevor. I'll have a look.

Edit: Found it! :D
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

touracrossamerica.blogspot.com
u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by u8555 »

Holy shit, that cover is awesome... (i'm only halfway through it)
socalhipfan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by socalhipfan »

are the hip canadian?

ok, ok, i get it, you are proud of your country and your band, well, we americans love them as well. stop with the flag waving and shoving your way to the front of the audience infringing on everyone's right to just enjoy the music.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

socalhipfan wrote:are the hip canadian?

ok, ok, i get it, you are proud of your country and your band, well, we americans love them as well. stop with the flag waving and shoving your way to the front of the audience infringing on everyone's right to just enjoy the music.
Thread hijack much?
socalhipfan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by socalhipfan »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Thread hijack much?
not sure what you are implying...it was simply a point about the audience last night, quite immature. but whatever, it's all good fun, sorry if you interpreted it improperly....sometimes text doesn't read the right way
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

socalhipfan wrote:
Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Thread hijack much?
not sure what you are implying...it was simply a point about the audience last night, quite immature. but whatever, it's all good fun, sorry if you interpreted it improperly....sometimes text doesn't read the right way
Alright. Cool.
It's just the generalizations you made stating "Canadians" and "you" as if any one of us had done something specific to the incident you were describing. If you had mentioned something about an incident you specifically had at the show last night, then it might not have seemed so obscure.

We have seen many a troll come through these parts over the years and I apologize for my assumption.
tth_fan
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by tth_fan »

ok, we get it...Americans are proud of themselves and that's it...stop with the flag and the gun waving and bullying your way through smaller countries with different ideologies, infringing on everyone's right to live, and enjoy their lives.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

thought this was a Vegas review thread? thx for the mp3 Mark\Chris and the great blog idea Mark.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

BIGVDOGG wrote:thought this was a Vegas review thread? thx for the mp3 Mark\Chris and the great blog idea Mark.
+1
socalhipfan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by socalhipfan »

tth_fan wrote:

ok, we get it...Americans are proud of themselves and that's it...stop with the flag and the gun waving and bullying your way through smaller countries with different ideologies, infringing on everyone's right to live, and enjoy their lives.
:thumb:
thechubb
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thechubb »

This show was cool. the Elvis cover was really fun. The Sadies are really a cool band. Really glad i caught them. The crowd was a little over zealous at times but whatever. I won't complain. For some reason puttin down seemed off to me. Not sure what it was, seemed like the intro was different and the song seemed out of place or something.

Paul seemed to notice the lack of enthusiasm on the balcony. he kept looking up as if to say, why are you sitting?