03/15/07: Houston: Scout Bar

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

03/15/07: Houston: Scout Bar

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

You guys slippin? :lol:

meant sleeping :P
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

BIGVDOGG wrote:You guys slippin? :lol:

meant sleeping :P
Yeah, not many shows these days that I come in to work in the morning and there hasn't been a post yet about it???

Maybe the shows still going? :P
u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by u8555 »

Has this date been confirmed? Has anyone in Houston heard of this band? Could be a typo.
eatmecompletely
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by eatmecompletely »

hahaha
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

u8555 wrote:Has this date been confirmed? Has anyone in Houston heard of this band? Could be a typo.
:lol: Texans know the Hip, trust me. :thumb: Hey, Gord even sang the national anthem in Houston at the MLB All-Star game in 2004. :rambo:
fakedincredulous
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by fakedincredulous »

oh. texas knows the hip. it's a cool clear morning in dallas. perfect for a hip show.

Concert List
scrasch
New Maybe
New Maybe

Good Lawd

Post by scrasch »

That was the best Hip show I've ever seen and I've seen some good Hip shows. Tiny venue. Tiny Stage. Gord's energy was unbelievably high all night long. Towards the end of Last of the Unplucked Gems, Gord threw the mic and mic stand up to the ceiling and when the stand came down I think it hit his arm and injured him. He then slammed the microphone down on the stage and was going to walk off and Robbie grabbed him and he and Gord S talked to him and he came back. If I remember the timeline right, I think they played another song and then Gord waved to the crowd and went to pick something up off the drum riser when Paul grabbed him and said something to him, Gord pointed at his injured arm and Paul continued to talk to him and then they started playing again. I think Gord was going to leave for a minute but Paul talked him into staying. I thought the show was going to go downhill after that and Gord might just phone it in. boy was I wrong. It only got better.

Best part of the show, though, was when Gord asked for a sign that someone was holding up that said "Hello from Kingston". The fan handed it to him, he walked around on stage holding it up for a minute and then ripped it in half and threw it on the stage. It was a highlight because whoever it was was blocking my view of the show for half of the show. No need for signs at a show like that.

Unbelievable show and I can't wait to see if it gets posted on hipbase at some point.

Steven
trevor
Completist
Completist

Re: Good Lawd

Post by trevor »

scrasch wrote:That was the best Hip show I've ever seen and I've seen some good Hip shows. Tiny venue. Tiny Stage. Gord's energy was unbelievably high all night long. Towards the end of Last of the Unplucked Gems, Gord threw the mic and mic stand up to the ceiling and when the stand came down I think it hit his arm and injured him. He then slammed the microphone down on the stage and was going to walk off and Robbie grabbed him and he and Gord S talked to him and he came back. If I remember the timeline right, I think they played another song and then Gord waved to the crowd and went to pick something up off the drum riser when Paul grabbed him and said something to him, Gord pointed at his injured arm and Paul continued to talk to him and then they started playing again. I think Gord was going to leave for a minute but Paul talked him into staying. I thought the show was going to go downhill after that and Gord might just phone it in. boy was I wrong. It only got better.

Best part of the show, though, was when Gord asked for a sign that someone was holding up that said "Hello from Kingston". The fan handed it to him, he walked around on stage holding it up for a minute and then ripped it in half and threw it on the stage. It was a highlight because whoever it was was blocking my view of the show for half of the show. No need for signs at a show like that.

Unbelievable show and I can't wait to see if it gets posted on hipbase at some point.

Steven
Thanks for the review.
Any chance of a setlist?
u8555
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by u8555 »

I'm still not sure this show happened.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

u8555 wrote:I'm still not sure this show happened.
:lol: :lol: Agreed.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

nothing in Marks blog ????
briansmccabe
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by briansmccabe »

partial setlist, not in order:

The Last Of The Unplucked Gems

-Brian
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

briansmccabe wrote:partial setlist, not in order:

-Brian
I just spit out my coffee, that is classic!
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

mcwslc wrote:
briansmccabe wrote:partial setlist, not in order:

-Brian
I just spit out my coffee, that is classic!
Yeah, I almost spit lemonade on my monitor. If there was repping on this site, you would get some from me. :lol: