03/15/07: Houston: Scout Bar

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

scrasch
New Maybe
New Maybe

Setlist

Post by scrasch »

I always have trouble remembering setlists in the proper order. I'll give you a rundown of the songs they played. I know they started with Lonely End of the Rink and followed that up with New Orleans is sinking. So, here it is:

Lonely End of the Rink
New Orleans is Sinking
Yer Not the Ocean
In View
The Kids Don't Get It
Luv (sic)
World Container
The Drop Off
Family Band
ABAC
Putting Down
Bobcaygeon
Giftshop
Grace, Too
Blow at High Dough
Hundredth Meridian
Last of the Unplucked Gems
Boots or Hearts
Substitute (The Who)

I *think* that that was all of the songs. I was just so geeked to hear Boots or Hearts and Last of the Unplucked Gems
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

Puttin' Down. SWEET! :thumb:
tth_fan
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by tth_fan »

The Substitute.....I LOVE that song. The Who are great, and it is a perfect song for the Hip's sound
fakedincredulous
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by fakedincredulous »

unconfirmed report that they also played fully completely.

Concert List
scrasch
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by scrasch »

No fully completely. Your unconfirmed report has been debunked.
scrasch
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by scrasch »

forgot one...Wheat Kings
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: Good Lawd

Post by mcwslc »

scrasch wrote:That was the best Hip show I've ever seen and I've seen some good Hip shows. Tiny venue. Tiny Stage. Gord's energy was unbelievably high all night long. Towards the end of Last of the Unplucked Gems, Gord threw the mic and mic stand up to the ceiling and when the stand came down I think it hit his arm and injured him. He then slammed the microphone down on the stage and was going to walk off and Robbie grabbed him and he and Gord S talked to him and he came back. If I remember the timeline right, I think they played another song and then Gord waved to the crowd and went to pick something up off the drum riser when Paul grabbed him and said something to him, Gord pointed at his injured arm and Paul continued to talk to him and then they started playing again. I think Gord was going to leave for a minute but Paul talked him into staying. I thought the show was going to go downhill after that and Gord might just phone it in. boy was I wrong. It only got better.

Best part of the show, though, was when Gord asked for a sign that someone was holding up that said "Hello from Kingston". The fan handed it to him, he walked around on stage holding it up for a minute and then ripped it in half and threw it on the stage. It was a highlight because whoever it was was blocking my view of the show for half of the show. No need for signs at a show like that.

Unbelievable show and I can't wait to see if it gets posted on hipbase at some point.

Steven
scrash –

Was GEMS played in the beginning, middle, or towards the end of the set? I’m just curious as to how many more songs they played after the microphone stand incident? With the addition of Wheat Kings it looks like they played 20 songs, making Houston the shortest set so far on the US Tour.
scrasch
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by scrasch »

They played GEMS just about right in the middle of the set. they probably played 8-10 more songs after that.

By the way, thanks for pissing on my good time by saying that it was the shortest set. :|
bmantx
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by bmantx »

Absolutely amazing show at a tiny bar. People were packed in shoulder to shoulder. I don't understand why they didn't book a bigger venue. I guess I missed the mic stand incident. I made the mistake of grabbing a beer before they started and could not work my wayback to the stage again. It sure didn't seem to effect the performance. The energy level of this band is so unreal. How many bands that are used to playing for tens of thousands, would mail in a show like this? Not the Hip. They revved it up like they were playing in Toronto. Among the finest shows I have ever seen. I hope they come back again at a proper venue.
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

scrasch wrote:They played GEMS just about right in the middle of the set. they probably played 8-10 more songs after that.

By the way, thanks for pissing on my good time by saying that it was the shortest set. :|
How far is Austin from Houston, 150 miles? If you leave now you can be there tonight and make up for your loss. It was only 1 or 2 songs short of the rest. But I do feel your pain, getting only 7 songs on The Who Tour was a real pisser.
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

There still hasn't been a confirmed setlist for this show yet... it was probably 21 songs like Atlanta and Dallas. Does anyone have the exact set for this show?

Nick
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

exact setlist

01 - Rink
02 - NOIS
03 - Ocean
04 - Boots
05 - Drop Off
06 - ABAC
07 - In View
08 - Gift Shop
09 - Gems
10 - WC
11 - Puttin Down
12 - Meridian
13 - BobC
14 - Kids
15 - Spring
16 - Wheat
17 - Luv
18 - Blow
encore
19 - Grace
20 - Substitute
21 - Family
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

nhaste wrote:There still hasn't been a confirmed setlist for this show yet... it was probably 21 songs like Atlanta and Dallas. Does anyone have the exact set for this show?

Nick
Nice call.

It’s interesting to look back over the years at the way the setlists are constructed. Back in 1995 – 1996 the main set was only 15 – 16 songs long, but then they played two or three encores. Now the main set is 18 songs long with one encore. Then some of the shows are 19 songs in length and then some are 23+.

I’m still a fan of the two encore structure, even if they are playing the same # of songs. Maybe it’s just psychological, but it makes the show seem longer and I love the building anticipation of what they might pull out after talking offstage.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

A new torrent has been uploaded.

Name: TTH: 2007-03-15 - Houston, TX
Size: 679.53 MB
Category: SHN/FLAC - Full Concerts
Uploaded by: chrisk

Description:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Tragically Hip
Scout Bar
Houston, Texas
March 15, 2007

MICS Used: AKG 481's ->
Recording Device: Edirol R4 @ 48khz/24bit
Source: R4 > MacBookPro > Fission (tracking, etc...) xACT > FLAC > hipfans.com
Recorded By: Steve Stroud (dreyfuss)

01: The Lonely End Of The Rink
02: New Orleans Is Sinking
03: Yer Not The Ocean
04: Boots Or Hearts
05: The Drop Off
06: Ahead By A Century
07: In View
08: Gift Shop
09: Last Of The Unplucked Gems
10: World Container
11: Puttin’ Down
12: At The 100th Meridian
13: Bobcaygeon
14: The Kids Don’t Get It
15: Springtime In Vienna
16: Wheat Kings
17: Luv (Sic)
18: Blow At High Dough

Encore
19: Grace, Too
20: COVER: “Substitute” by The Who
21: Family Band

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Be sure to visit
www.hipfans.com
www.onegeeksopinion.com
www.thehip.com

:: SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC ::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the URL below to download the torrent (you may have to login).

http://www.thehiptracker.com/torrents-d ... =327&hit=1

--
The Hip BT Tracker
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

You're getting through these pretty quick! Thanks guys! :thumb: