03/08/07: Rochester: Harro East Ballroom

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

Thinking back to the show last night I think Family Band is a great live tune. Came off strong. Kids Don't Get It also.
dgodwin
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by dgodwin »

http://www.upstatetapers.org/tracker/to ... id=6&hit=1
for the show. Thanks for the review and setlist.
Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

dgodwin wrote:http://www.upstatetapers.org/tracker/to ... id=6&hit=1
Thanks for getting it up so fast
Here's where you can join and add your Hip shows : http://www.thehiptracker.com/index.php

just sign up and your golden. A lot of good people on there :thumb:
Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

getting an error when trying to download : Bad data from tracker: bad bencoded data
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

i have downloaded 13% so far

Ron

mark (corpse) nice to see you and your wife last night great show
Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

ron wrote:i have downloaded 13% so far

Ron

mark (corpse) nice to see you and your wife last night great show
Good to see you too. Sorry didn't talk very long, she wanted to make sure we were on the rail and not lose it.
Did you register or just grab the torrent?
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

just grab it i tried to register it gave me a password but said access deined wrong user name

enjoy tonight

i be there sarurday
dgodwin
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by dgodwin »

you don't need to register to download from the tracker. I'll upload the show on the hip tracker later tonight if needed. If anyone has an extra to either Buffalo show, let me know.
Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

I can't say there are gonna be any tickets outside but there were a few people selling them for $10 last night. Maybe the ebay assholes will try to get rid of them before the show.
jodisoko
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

download Qs and show review

Post by jodisoko »

How do you download this? I'm on a Mac at work, clicked on it, but said I don't have the right application. Would I be better off doing it at home on a PC?
Also, how do I set up the concert tracker? I'm not sure what I'm doing there.

Show review:
Awesome! Very pleased. How strange that the only two shows I went solo to were both in Rochester! (first was at the Aud theater Oct(?) 04). This was the closest I've ever been at a GA show, or ever! I was about fourth row center, but a long-haired hippie freak and his cute girlfriend (he doesn't deserve her) was being a bit too excited and was flailing his arms and dancing into others' personal space so much so that some guys around me pushed back and it escalated a bit. Security came but didn't do enough bc it just happened again. Sorry some people can't keep their hands to themselves and keep their dancing to their spot -- ruins it for everyone else! (And Gordy doesn't like fighting -- so stop it! Maybe the kids just don't get it!)
Other than that, had a great time chatting with, I assume, some fellow hipbasers, and hip fans in general. Nice crowd, beautiful venue and great show overall. I actually disagree, slightly, that some say the Hip was in full force bc I felt the band wasn't too into it during some songs, but definitely perked up for the new ones (so happy to hear Drop off and Fly, prob my two most favs on WC -- but Dreamt you didnt love me is one I hope to hear on the tour.) Gord had to minimize some of his antics (sit and spin and baton action with the mic stand) due to the smaller stage size, but he certainly was entertaining as always. Wish he would have gone off on one his infamous rants -- some minor ones but nothing grand.
All in all, great show, looking forward to Sat night!
(And just bought my tix for Erie!)
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

i believe you were off to my left then did one of the guys get hit in the cheek
we had a few in front of us a guy with long hair w/ bandana on his hair kept flying into my friends face ,

Ron
jodisoko
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by jodisoko »

Tthip wrote:
Pudge7681 wrote:Rochester D&C review

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/app ... 7703090348
A black bra was flung to the stage,
It was actually a brown bra

Great review!
Pudge7681
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Pudge7681 »

Are you saying it was brown because it was yours or because you think you saw the color. From where I was (on the rail) it sure looked purple.
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

thought the show was great but ending at 10:20 just seemed odd
thought i saw a few hipbasers there but not sure somone came up to me and asked to see my hip tattoo but didn't get there name they new mine .

Ron
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Re: download Qs and show review

Post by NegPhil »

jodisoko wrote:
How do you download this? I'm on a Mac at work, clicked on it, but said I don't have the right application. Would I be better off doing it at home on a PC?
Also, how do I set up the concert tracker? I'm not sure what I'm doing there.

Show review:
Awesome! Very pleased. How strange that the only two shows I went solo to were both in Rochester! (first was at the Aud theater Oct(?) 04). This was the closest I've ever been at a GA show, or ever! I was about fourth row center, but a long-haired hippie freak and his cute girlfriend (he doesn't deserve her) was being a bit too excited and was flailing his arms and dancing into others' personal space so much so that some guys around me pushed back and it escalated a bit. Security came but didn't do enough bc it just happened again. Sorry some people can't keep their hands to themselves and keep their dancing to their spot -- ruins it for everyone else! (And Gordy doesn't like fighting -- so stop it! Maybe the kids just don't get it!)
Other than that, had a great time chatting with, I assume, some fellow hipbasers, and hip fans in general. Nice crowd, beautiful venue and great show overall. I actually disagree, slightly, that some say the Hip was in full force bc I felt the band wasn't too into it during some songs, but definitely perked up for the new ones (so happy to hear Drop off and Fly, prob my two most favs on WC -- but Dreamt you didnt love me is one I hope to hear on the tour.) Gord had to minimize some of his antics (sit and spin and baton action with the mic stand) due to the smaller stage size, but he certainly was entertaining as always. Wish he would have gone off on one his infamous rants -- some minor ones but nothing grand.
All in all, great show, looking forward to Sat night!
(And just bought my tix for Erie!)

There should be a section for long hair hippie freaks to dance at concerts. Oh yeah, there is, it's called the floor. I totally agree you about the personal space thing but I can't help wondering why it's always some thick neck dude in a baseball cap who ends up punching the hippie at shows. It seems like violence at shows has become a bit of an issue. Perhaps that is why they instituted a cut off for beer on the Canadian leg of the tour. It's true that some folks just need a good beating but I hope the Hip's security steps in before anymore hippies get hurt.