05/12/07: Chicago: House Of Blues

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

daniel99
New Maybe
New Maybe

Martyr's

Post by daniel99 »

Would have loved to have seen those Martyr's shows!
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: HoB

Post by FighterAndLover »

john cage wrote:
I think you mean the guy in the white t-shirt with the close-cropped hair and goatee (his buddy was the very large guy from Muskegon). I was next to his wife/girlfriend (actually right in front of Gord S.) and talked to him quite a bit beforehand - really good guy.
Actually I was talking about the Muskegon guy... I think everyone in the first 30 rows now knows he's from Michigan because he told the same story 8 times with each one progressively louder. I don't know just got on my nerves a little I guess.

Though it was funny seeing the other guy consistently get no high five from Gord... (Gord did throw his towel there after the show, though I believe.)
Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

Nice to see that Jungle and IOD ( :shock: ) are getting played again.
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Wheat_King_Gus wrote:Nice to see that Jungle and IOD ( :shock: ) are getting played again.

IOD? Oh was that on Chicago night 1?
Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

FighterAndLover wrote:
Wheat_King_Gus wrote:Nice to see that Jungle and IOD ( :shock: ) are getting played again.

IOD? Oh was that on Chicago night 1?
Yup. Next song they bust out from DFN has got to be Inch An Hour. I'd kill to hear that in St. John's. Have they played that recently?
CB
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by CB »

This is my second Hip Concert, I think the only downfall to the show was the set list. Granted i love almost all of their music however i like the older stuff better. My buddy was disappointed though i told him it would be a lot of stuff off the new album. My first show was last summer in Toronto, and the set list was 100% better. World Container is growing on me though.

As far as performance it was great i think Gord was amazing with the on stage pressence. The atmosphere was awesome.

We met some awesome people at the show too, a couple of cousins originally from minnesota, who now reside in key west. We are an hour and a half south of Muskegon in Kalamazoo, MI. We met the muskegon guys.

The only people i regret meeting was the 3 people in front of us, a bald heavy guy, a drunk girl who just shoved people out of the way to step in front of everyone, then had so much to drink she fell down on everyone, and kept falling down on us, we had to hold her up a half dozen times during the concert. Her bald friend she was with kept getting in our faces singing at us which id rather hear gord, not some drunk in my face.

All in all great show and cant wait till my next one.
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

CB wrote:We met the muskegon guys.

The only people i regret meeting was the 3 people in front of us, a bald heavy guy, a drunk girl who just shoved people out of the way to step in front of everyone, then had so much to drink she fell down on everyone, and kept falling down on us, we had to hold her up a half dozen times during the concert. Her bald friend she was with kept getting in our faces singing at us which id rather hear gord, not some drunk in my face.

I think those were the people I was talking about. I thought they were from Muskegon, no?

If those were the drunk guys/girl I'm thinking of, I think you might have been right next to me- I had to light blue hat second row in front of Gord.
CB
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by CB »

FighterAndLover wrote:
CB wrote:We met the muskegon guys.

I think those were the people I was talking about. I thought they were from Muskegon, no?

If those were the drunk guys/girl I'm thinking of, I think you might have been right next to me- I had to light blue hat second row in front of Gord.
Yes i seem to remember you. I had the Summer Fling 06 tour shirt on that night. Basically do you remember seeing the girl fall down on everyone. Bc she was so obnoxious no one offered to help her up everyone just moved out of the way, unfortunately she still got up and stood in front of me and kept leaning back on me.