06/30/07: Lewiston: Artpark

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Indie Smash
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Indie Smash »

Joel Plaskett Emergency opened
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

To hear On the verge was amazing!! I don't think I shut up about it afterwards!! Escape was awesome too.

We had awesome seats. 4th row, centre tier, just in front of Paul.

Art Park was a great venue IMO. It reminded me of the Hummingbird Centre. And the old people working there were so sweet.

The crowd was great, the band was great, it was good times.
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

Joel Plaskett and band were very good...he is very talented.

DC
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

Chris, looks like this is how you should do shows in the futue. Friends, family and no gear. Enjoy the shows for what they are!!

MAv.

chris wrote:Wow.

The crowd for this show was in to it from the minute they walked on stage until the house lights came on at the end. They were up and dancing and singing every word.

We had not planned to go to this show, but tickets became available at the last minute...

We left Toronto at 4:15, made a detour into Hamilton to pick up the tickets, and then were on our way. We heard that the delay at the Queenston/Lewiston bridge was more than an hour so we decided to head to the Peace Bridge, enjoy the drive, and skip the line-up. Along the way we saw two rainbows and took that as a sign that we should take the Rainbow bridge instead. We did, and the line-up was only four cars long!!! Woo Hoo!!!

We made it door-to-door, including ticket pick-up and customs clearance, in about 2 hours!

Thugs was awesome. Really awesome. Grace really got the crowd into it. Escape was stellar.

All in all it was a great show - and the fact that I sat and enjoyed it with my fiancée and no recording gear, made it all the better!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Thanks MAv.... I'm working on it.

And since we're talking about recordings... lookie here: http://www.thehiptracker.com/torrents-d ... =417&hit=1

Recording of the June 30th show.
chuckmordan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by chuckmordan »

A great performace witnessed from front row centre of the pit......Gord was on fire and we noted that the band seemed to be smiling (in general) more than normal....couldnt figure out if it was because f the crowd, the music or they were simply happy to be back on stage for the second show after almost a month off in June. Johnny Fay was nice enough to hand my girlfriend his drumsticks following the show. A couple little blotches of blood means he was pounding the skins as hard as he ever has.
Good one.
Note: the crowd was not as hammered as they were in artpark last yr.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
BuffaloHipFan
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BuffaloHipFan »

11/26/96 Buffalo
8/7/98 Wattsburg, PA
7/29/00 Darien, NY