06/30/07: Lewiston: Artpark

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

06/30/07: Lewiston: Artpark

Post by mrlayance »

Post your review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
BRoach
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BRoach »

Great show tonight. Artpark was packed and the fans (unlike some other shows I've been to) were jumping and bouncing all night. Everyone was standing and enjoying themselves. I was sitting row W on the left-hand side and had a great view. Was my 10th Hip show, and I brought the entire family with for this milestone. A great way to cap off 10 shows with the Hip (and I leave for Europe tomorrow too, so this was a great way to finish off the first half of the summer for me!)

I found that at points in the show Gord's vocals were too low. My parents had never seen the Hip before and were having trouble picking up many of the lyrics (it's easy to pick up the lyrics when you already know them all...so my brother and I didn't have that big a problem, but it was evident). Also, in the middle of the concert there was some heavy PA cracking, but it got fixed almost immediately. Towards the end of the show, Rob's guitar was so loud that his solos were almost deafening (not that this is a bad thing :lol: ). I could imagine tomorrow night's setlist will be a little more interesting than tonight's, but I'll be sitting on a plane...so I had to take what I could get tonight!

Setlist was as follows...tonight seemed to be heavy from the "greatest hits" catelogue, but they threw in a number of gems (and these are the ones that always keep me comin' back!)

1. Yer Not the Ocean
2. My Music @ Work
3. Grace, Too (representing the jersey)
4. Gus
5. In View
6. Ahead By A Century
7. Puttin' Down
8. New Orleans Is Sinking
9. THUGS
10. World Container
11. Family Band
12. Springtime In Vienna
13. 100th Meridian
14. Sherpa
15. Kids Don't Get It
16. Blow At High Dough
17. On The Verge
Encore:
18. Lonely End of the Rink
19. Escape is at Hand for the Travellin' Man
20. Fireworks

Was great to see the boys again. Have a good rest of the summer folks..
See you when I'm back from Europe
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Thugs: Cool! :thumb: There seems to be a lot of interesting picks from DFN doing the rounds recently. I'd love to hear IOD at one of the gigs in September!
BRoach wrote: See you when I'm back from Europe
Or maybe even in Europe. 8)
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Wow.

The crowd for this show was in to it from the minute they walked on stage until the house lights came on at the end. They were up and dancing and singing every word.

We had not planned to go to this show, but tickets became available at the last minute...

We left Toronto at 4:15, made a detour into Hamilton to pick up the tickets, and then were on our way. We heard that the delay at the Queenston/Lewiston bridge was more than an hour so we decided to head to the Peace Bridge, enjoy the drive, and skip the line-up. Along the way we saw two rainbows and took that as a sign that we should take the Rainbow bridge instead. We did, and the line-up was only four cars long!!! Woo Hoo!!!

We made it door-to-door, including ticket pick-up and customs clearance, in about 2 hours!

Thugs was awesome. Really awesome. Grace really got the crowd into it. Escape was stellar.

All in all it was a great show - and the fact that I sat and enjoyed it with my fiancée and no recording gear, made it all the better!
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

Great show.... I can't even put into words how good Escape was. It's still stuck in my head.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Sounds like a great gig! I really, really, REALLY want to hear Escape... live at some point.
chris wrote: All in all it was a great show - and the fact that I sat and enjoyed it with my fiancée and no recording gear, made it all the better!
That's cool, chris. I remember a lot of people (myself included) thought it'd be a good idea for you to take a bit of a break from taping back when you got fed up with it all, and I'm glad it did make the show a more enjoyable experience for you. :)
j_espo1
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by j_espo1 »

brian1175 wrote:I can't even put into words how good Escape was. It's still stuck in my head.
:thumb: :jump
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I'll see if I can get it posted today...
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

hey all.

I might have 2 extras for tonight, 8 in our group if you know someone that is looking pm me.

I am not 100% sure they are available yet.

row AA i think

just going to want face value if I have them
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Great stuff! :thumb: Who was taping if you weren't, Chris?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Dave, Mark, Steve, and I saw at least 3 other audio rigs set-up.

This is Dave's shot - handheld from the front row. Steve was also front row. Mark was row two centre.
anothersaab
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by anothersaab »

awesome show, but i'll say it one more time. Gord needs to put the guitar down. his vocals on Escape were crap...
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

no opening band last night right?

why did they start late
BRoach
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BRoach »

eags wrote:no opening band last night right?

why did they start late
Joel Plaskett Emergency opened

they played for about 40 minutes or so

the hip were on just after 915 and were offstage a couple minutes after 11