07/10/07: Kelowna: Prospera Place

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

opiated wrote:Corby, sorry about not calling..phone fell in the lake earlier that day :x
No worries.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
kelman66
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kelman66 »

One interesting highlight was when some dude jumped up on stage.
Upon realizing he was up there, Gord looked to stage left, moved to the center, raised his arms and stood still. This kinda looked like a protocol.
Wanker then proceeded to hug Gord before being scuttled off stage.
The band never missed a beat.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

kelman66 wrote:One interesting highlight was when some dude jumped up on stage.
Upon realizing he was up there, Gord looked to stage left, moved to the center, raised his arms and stood still. This kinda looked like a protocol.
Wanker then proceeded to hug Gord before being scuttled off stage.
The band never missed a beat.
forgot about that..what a douche bag..i hope he got the shit kicked out of him backstage..

and corby..was wearing the Paul Kicks Ass shirt, and I got a lot of comments on it!!! hopefully your site sees some hits!
kelman66
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kelman66 »

I think Robbie mighta heard me yell 'Bring out yer Dead' during Poets.
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by FighterAndLover »

nice pictures Corby!
smg333
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by smg333 »

opiated wrote: really?? was it henry?? leo? i'll kill the bastards!! lol

mostly leo, little bit henry...they thought is was pretty funny,
i got home around 1 am and was at work at 7 am...but i am superman, just kidding i was driving so i wasn't drinking...

i didn't notice it was you till after the show was over but my wife and i were sitting beside you and yer girlfriend. if she's the one you took to the foo fighters acoustic show instead of me i guess i'll have to forgive you.
ha!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Great photos, Corby! Thanks for those! How did you get on taping the show? :thumb:

Sounds like another good one.
Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

I guess I've got time to give a quick review:

I'd give this show an 8/10. I'd say it was an above average show for an arena, at least compared to the last leg of their tour. The setlist was pretty standard, but Locked was unexpected and a great way to end the set. Very positive atmosphere, overall. The set-up was only half-arena, so it was fairly intimate, and the crowd gave a good response. It was overall what you may expect from the Hip, along with a few nuggets and memorable moments. I liked Gord's little mic-cord tug of war with the crowd, along with the awkward kissing/suckling moment and the painting-finale. The guy who managed to get up on stage seemed to surprise Gord, before the take-down.

Taping was good, Ben, aside from a little snag or two. Those pics are just stills from my footage.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Wow! Those stills are great - That's gonna make for an(other) great quality DVD.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Setlist:
01: Intro
02: Yer Not The Ocean
03: New Orleans Is Sinking
04: It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
05: The Drop Off
06: Ahead By A Century
07: Fly
08: Poets
09: Boots Or Hearts
10: World Container
11: In View
12: Springtime In Vienna
13: At The Hundredth Meridian
14: Bobcaygeon
15: Family Band
16: Music At Work
17: Blow At High Dough

Encore:
18: The Lonely End Of The Rink
19: Fully, Completely
20: Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

smg333 wrote:opiated wrote: really?? was it henry?? leo? i'll kill the bastards!! lol

i got home around 1 am and was at work at 7 am...but i am superman, just kidding i was driving so i wasn't drinking...

i didn't notice it was you till after the show was over but my wife and i were sitting beside you and yer girlfriend. if she's the one you took to the foo fighters acoustic show instead of me i guess i'll have to forgive you.
ha!
that was you??? have you let your beard grow?? shitty man..wish i'd known it was you!!!
yeah..that's the one i took to the Foos!! do u blame me?
smg333
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by smg333 »

opiated wrote:
smg333 wrote:opiated wrote: really?? was it henry?? leo? i'll kill the bastards!! lol

ha!
that was you??? have you let your beard grow?? shitty man..wish i'd known it was you!!!
yeah..that's the one i took to the Foos!! do u blame me?

i will answer yer question very diplomatically cuz if i say she's super hot, yer gonna be like what were you starring the whole time?, and if i don't say she was super hot yer like what are you blind?
she was very attractive because she (like my wife) really seemed to enjoy the hip and was singing along (knowing all the words) and had a great time at the show, what more could you ask for...i am still jealous about that you saw the foo fighters...i got the dvd though and it is great...must have been a hell of a show! i see they have a new album coming out in september can't wait!
Corby
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corby »

Took awhile to get some issues sorted out, but here is a rough clip from this show that is much overdue: Poets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmTDbzXzIpU
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Re: 07/10/07: Kelowna: Prospera Place

Post by sean.bonner »

Just bumping this because apparently this is the show I'm listening to today :music Thanks Tapers.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston