07/15/07: Calgary: Saddledome

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

07/15/07: Calgary: Saddledome

Post by mrlayance »

Post your review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
bauer
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bauer »

Opening band - THE SADIES!! OH YA BABY! Go early and check out some very groovy psychedelic country rock! their double live album is killer!
Billy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Billy »

Shit, they played Grace the last 3 shows...I hope that doesn't mean they won't play it tonight. I think it's been since 2002 since I have heard it live.

Gimme Grace, gimme Grace, gimme Grace!!
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Billy wrote:Shit, they played Grace the last 3 shows...I hope that doesn't mean they won't play it tonight. I think it's been since 2002 since I have heard it live.

Gimme Grace, gimme Grace, gimme Grace!!
ditto
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

I'd love to hear Grace as well. I'm really hoping for So Hard Done By though. I'd love to hear that tonight.
Locked6
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Locked6 »

I hear you on Grace and Locked, both played last night, hopefully here or in Saskatoon
tehsaurus
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tehsaurus »

I know it won't happen, but I would DIE if they played Cordelia tonight. Die.

3 hours to go!!!!! WOOOOT
tehsaurus
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tehsaurus »

Does anyone else feel this super-depressing feeling after a hip show, because it's over?

The Boys were spot on tonight...except when Gord forgot the words to World Container. Luckily Paul backed him up :lol: One of my friends who has never listened to the Hip before tagged along, and it's safe to say I've converted him.

I was hoping for a couple rarities... but oh well. Wheat Kings came the closest to that and was my highlight. Just a great night. Great.
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

OK that was a great Hip show!!! They played almost 2 hours and the Jam band of old was back in full force!!!!!

Setlist not complete

end of the rink
new oreleans
Music At Work
Good Life
Ahead By a century
yer not the ocean
world container
wheat kings
springtime
100th
Bob Caygeon
kids dont get it
courage
Fully Completely
blow at high dough

Encore
The Drop Off
Grace Too
Fireworks

I have a video shot from the left side of the stage also I saw a dude 6th Row taping on a tripod!! Was that you BIG A?
HipAlbertaDud
New Maybe
New Maybe

6th row guy with tripod

Post by HipAlbertaDud »

I spoke with this guy after the show, says he'll have footage posted at hipfans.com.....he didn't miss a second! Said it was only his 2nd time recording a Hip show, and said his name wasn't Al.
Last edited by HipAlbertaDud on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Heron Outside
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by The Heron Outside »

Rink
New O
Music
Good Life
Family Band
ABAC
Ocean
Courage
WC
Wheat
View
Spring
Meridian
BobC
Kids
Fully
Blow
---
Drop-Off
Grace
Fireworks

Bit of a greatest hits set, but why not? You have t'appease a crowd of coybows....The band was tight, I couldn't keep my eyes off Rob, the blues extrodanaire...All I could think of was their parting words from NYE 1999..."Thankyou...We are never going away..."
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
The Heron Outside
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by The Heron Outside »

Also...I spent the entire afternoon with my eyes peeld for Adrian...But as the sun wore on as the shitty Budweisers piled on, he remained unfindable...We had our seats way in the back...And as the incredible Sadies ended their set, I headed out for a beer and one final piss...Only t'come back t'Jess, with a Saddledomed sized smile...Some dude was offering up 12th row seats t'whoever could tell us the name of the opening band...Was it Bauer? I don't know. My last Canadian Hip show for quite some time ended with all smiles...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
tehsaurus
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tehsaurus »

Random highlights of Gord include

-hugging and kissing girls in the front row
-doing his best slasher film impression by creeping behind Rob and Gord S., holding the microphone as a knife
-polo with the microphone stand during Grace, similar to the Vancouver show
prairieman
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by prairieman »

Awesome show indeed, was sportin my hipbase shirt, rockin out in seat 4, row 6! Rob was killin it all night, and Gord was in fine form.

Talked to BigA and his wife after the show, they are on their way back to Van as I type, hope you two make it safely. He said he got some excellent footage.......no surprise there though eh.

Had another taper in row 6, seat 7 I think. Not sure who it was but hey, If yer out there sorrry if my voice ends up on your tape screaming "YES" peppered with a few obscenities.

I had an extra ticket, so I found some family sitting way back, and asked the kids if anyone wanted a seat upgrade free of charge. The 20 year old son was attending his first show and jumped at the chance. I was impressed, he knew every word to every song played, and everytime I looked over at him he had a shiteating grin that could span the nation.

I figured I'd rather do something good than let our extra seat turn into a $90 beer table, besides 'karma' doesn't always have to be a bitch.

Hit the C-Train to the zoo, then the QEII, and made the long drive back to Edmonton with ringing ears and a big smile.

Thanks for bringing the rock boys.
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

My video is also complete with no missed tunes if anyone wants to get together and get a double angle thing going we should.

shane