09/26/07: Amsterdam: Paradiso

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

09/26/07: Amsterdam: Paradiso

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

1: The Lonely End Of The Rink
2: New Orleans Is Sinking
3: Inevitability Of Death
4: The Dire Wolf
5: Yer Not The Ocean
6: Ahead By A Century
7: In View
8: Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)
9: Nautical Disaster
10: Pretend
11: Fire In The Hole
12: Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
13: Long Time Running
14: The Kids Don't Get It
15: Fully Completely
16: Blow At High Dough

17: Family Band
18: The Magnificent Seven
19: Fire In The Hole

this is from thehip.com

I'm willing to guess that the 11th song wasn't Fire In The Hole, and rather Fireworks.
But still...
thats a setlist! It's been a while since Pretend has made an appearance as well.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
sullivand
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sullivand »

That's what I'm talking about. Great setlist!
KingLear
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by KingLear »

Another great performance and a good show.
And why not a second encore?
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

sean.bonner wrote:1: The Lonely End Of The Rink
2: New Orleans Is Sinking
3: Inevitability Of Death
4: The Dire Wolf
5: Yer Not The Ocean
6: Ahead By A Century
7: In View
8: Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)
9: Nautical Disaster
10: Pretend
11: Fireworks
12: Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
13: Long Time Running
14: The Kids Don't Get It
15: Fully Completely
16: Blow At High Dough

17: Family Band
18: The Magnificent Seven
19: Fire In The Hole

this is from thehip.com

I'm willing to guess that the 11th song wasn't Fire In The Hole, and rather Fireworks.
But still...
thats a setlist! It's been a while since Pretend has made an appearance as well.
Sean is correct and I updated this on the site yesterday.
j_espo1
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by j_espo1 »

sullivand wrote:That's what I'm talking about. Great setlist!
:jump SICK setlist. :thumb:
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Simply astounding show! Loved every minute of it!

We (the 8 that I was traveling with) think Gord and the boys were listening to us at lunch when we cited IOD and Dire as the two songs we wanted to hear that night. And well, look what happened!

The paradiso is such an amazing building! I wish we had similar venues here in Canada.

Sad to be back in Canada and not with the boys in Europe but the trip was a blast! More soon!
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

:shock: You guys are eating lunch together now? I wish i was with you guys right now! Hope you took some good pics Trevor :thumb:
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Yep, what a great night! I was up in the balcony with SirMatticus. It was spooky getting IOD and The Dire Wolf back-to-back after we both said we'd love to hear them! Great setlist though.

I got some great photos, and I was running Mark's video camera as well (I lost my video taping viginity in Amsterdam! ;)).

We're in Brussels, now (it's raining again...). I'm looking forward to tonight, and I have my fingers crossed for 'Escape is at hand...' tonight. :thumb:
Detrious
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Detrious »

I would post something funny about all this, but I am too busy being in the huff and jealous...
But on a plus point, I'm officially a paramedic now after I had to postpone my exams, and as a result got the opportunity to be all pissed about the European leg of the tour.

Swings and roundabouts I guess, altohugh I would love a copy of the show if anyone has it... ;)

D
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

BIGVDOGG wrote::shock: You guys are eating lunch together now? I wish i was with you guys right now! Hope you took some good pics Trevor :thumb:
No, we were eating lunch on the 26th (the night of the show) when we were talking about what songs we would like to hear. Then that night, they played IOD and Dire back-to-back.

And yup, I got some pics. Will post when I can process them all. Might be a while... :(
Zenith wrote: We're in Brussels, now (it's raining again...). I'm looking forward to tonight, and I have my fingers crossed for 'Escape is at hand...' tonight.
Have fun tonight Ben! Say hi to the guys for me! You know there is no other place I would rather be then to be with the boys in Brussels! :oops:
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

I'm sure the show'll be up soon, D. :thumb: Everyone needs to grab it when it is up (especially the DVD - then you can all comment on how great the left side balcony camera work is 8) )
trevor wrote:
Zenith wrote: We're in Brussels, now (it's raining again...). I'm looking forward to tonight, and I have my fingers crossed for 'Escape is at hand...' tonight.
Have fun tonight Ben! Say hi to the guys for me! You know there is no other place I would rather be then to be with the boys in Brussels! :oops:
Not wanting to rub salt in the wound, trevor, but we were all saying how much you'd love it here! If you thought that museum in Amsterdam was beautiful, you should have seen the buildings in the main square today! :shock: They were superb!
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

Okay, now you're making everyone jealous. :?

EuroHip sounds like it was a great time for all.
andy42g
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by andy42g »

My Amsterdam trip was fabulous too :-). Two amazing nights watching the Hip (I'd done London as well) and 3 days of wandering round enjoying the place very much indeed. From the Van Goughs and Rembrandts to the Coffee shops and Red Light district via the canals, bikes and trams: Amsterdam is a wonderful place to visit (even in lousy weather!).

The two shows:
Tuesday night we watched from the balcony (LHS, just down from Chris and his camera - great to meet you and the rest of the guys). Gord was in a very theatrical mood - he must have had some good weed that day! Lots of dancing and microphone antics. At one point he accidentally knocked part of his mic stand into the audience and was afterwards incredibly apologetic to the two girls next to the stage he almost brained with it. Top set, great sound, brilliant atmosphere in a beautiful little venue. My girlfriend's first Hip show and she was an instant convert. "I get it now" she said.

Wednesday we opted to be 'down the front' and what a great choice this turned out to be. The high stage meant that Gord was practically on top of us and it's always excellent to see this band (any band...) from very close up. Great to watch Gord's interaction with the crowd and he did his full repertoire of play acting once again. We made several new friends with the folk down there in the crowd and danced the night away. Great set again too - with not too many repeats from the night before. But, to be honest the set didn't matter it was the delivery that counted and the band were just ON in Amsterdam. Again.

Enjoy the rest of the Euro dates, guys.
The Heron Outside
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by The Heron Outside »

Goddamn. I'm listening to Amsterdam, '06 and I can just hear that vibe you guys kicked to. What a joint. (No pun intended)

My gal and I were talking today about what it must be like t'pull into the 9.30 Club, the Odeon, the ACC time and time again for the band. But you've got t'hope that when the bus pulls into the Paradiso parking lot, there's smiles all around.

Right on t'those who made it, and another right on t'those who will see them rock house there another day.
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress