09/11/07: Fredericton: Aitken Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

How'd you manage to get into the soundcheck, sean? And Freak Turbulence?! :shock: I'd love to hear that one busted out.

Anyway, looks like a great set. Flamenco and Fireworks back-to-back must of been nice for the die-hards. :)
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

The red eye from Fredericton just rolled in at 4am. Very tired, had a great time. Glad to see some hipbase shirts in the wild! Nice to put some names to faces.

Some pictures.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

I had a feeling they would play Flamenco last night... with the New York reference and it being Sept. 11th...
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

last night made me remember why i love this fucking band.

pics to come later
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

here are some pics. click for the full size

the sadies. it was nice to see an opening band that didn't suck

too bad it is out of focus :(

during 100th

hotmetal401
Completist
Completist

Post by hotmetal401 »

nhaste wrote:I had a feeling they would play Flamenco last night... with the New York reference and it being Sept. 11th...
It was a spine chiller at Music Without Borders when they played it, and that New York line hit.

Putting Freak Turbulance on the setlist on the anniversary is pretty ballsy. And kinda brought a smile to my face at the same time. Looking forward to hearing that again soon.

Cheers,

Pat
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

Just watching the video now as it gets transfered to my hard drive for DVD making.... wow, what a show!! The energy was incredible (I know, sounds like a broken record), easily one of the best Meridian's and THE best version of Springtime I have ever seen. I've never been partial to that song, but I certainly am now. The soundcheck was cool, and the company pre-show was even cooler. Andrew and lady, Mark, Travis (Goulet), nice to meet you all, and to Sean, Darren, and Lance.... a finer group of gentlemen to enjoy a Hip show with, there are not.

Rory
Halifax
Hammer
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Hammer »

:( I am heartbroken... Glad you all enjoyed the show though guys!
hearing that Springtime was at its best is a kick in the nuts, I love that song!
tmux
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tmux »

This was my first hip show, and to here fireworks and bob was amazing, I didn't think I would get either but I got both.

And where will I be able to purchase a DVD of this show?
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

tmux wrote:And where will I be able to purchase a DVD of this show?
:scratch:
tmux
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tmux »

trevor wrote:
I just assumed I would have to pay for it, sorry. I thought someone mentioned $25 at the show, I could be mistaken.
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

wpghipfan wrote:Just watching the video now as it gets transfered to my hard drive for DVD making.... wow, what a show!! The energy was incredible (I know, sounds like a broken record), easily one of the best Meridian's and THE best version of Springtime I have ever seen. I've never been partial to that song, but I certainly am now. The soundcheck was cool, and the company pre-show was even cooler. Andrew and lady, Mark, Travis (Goulet), nice to meet you all, and to Sean, Darren, and Lance.... a finer group of gentlemen to enjoy a Hip show with, there are not.

Rory
Halifax
that show was amazing. probably the best i have seen. the crowd was wild. the band was wild. and holy shit was it ever loud. i think i am still deaf.

rory, lance, darren, travis, sean, andrew... it was awesome to finally put a face to the avatars and posts. i am jealous that you guys get to do it all over again tomorrow.

rory, i am excited to see that dvd when it gets done. i am glad that you guys had no trouble getting your gear in. NB shows are rarely taped, so this will be a nice treat.

travis, did you get a ticket? i hope so. after we got separated there was a guy in the lobby selling tickets. i hope you got one.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

tmux wrote:
trevor wrote:
I just assumed I would have to pay for it, sorry. I thought someone mentioned $25 at the show, I could be mistaken.
Look for it to be posted here: http://www.thehiptracker.com/. It won't cost you anything.

Please remember to give the author(s) of these DVD's time to do everything they do. They are doing this in their free time and it will be ready when they say it is.

:thumb:
tmux
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tmux »

trevor wrote:
tmux wrote:
trevor wrote: :scratch:
Look for it to be posted here: http://www.thehiptracker.com/. It won't cost you anything.

Please remember to give the author(s) of these DVD's time to do everything they do. They are doing this in their free time and it will be ready when they say it is.

:thumb:
Awesome thanks!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

The show is already on Etree:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509474
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana