07/21/07: Cadott: Rock Fest

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

07/21/07: Cadott: Rock Fest

Post by mrlayance »

Post your review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
twistmyarm
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by twistmyarm »

Surely someone went? I'm very interested in reading a review of the show! This was the set list according to the Hip's website:

1: The Lonely End Of The Rink
2: Grace, Too
3: New Orleans Is Sinking
4: It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
5: Family Band
6: Ahead By A Century
7: Yer Not The Ocean
8: Poets
9: Bobcaygeon
10: In View
11: At The Hundredth Meridian
12: Springtime In Vienna
13: The Kids Don't Get It
14: Fully Completely
15: My Music At Work
twistmyarm
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by twistmyarm »

I haven't been able to find a real review of this thing anywhere online yet, however there was an interesting comment someone posted after an article in the local newspaper:

http://www.chippewa.com/articles/2007/0 ... s/867y.txt

"We would like to say that Rock Fest was the best concert we've ever been to. The volunteers were exremely nice and kept the camp ground amazingly clean. We were very dissapointed with the crowd when The Hip performed. As there first appearance, they were treated with hate and when they asked if the crowd if they wanted an encore-with no reply. Instead of playing their best song " Blowin High Dough", they packed up and left. I was ashamed of being there at that point. The Hip are an extremely talented and kickin band with high respect around MOST of the world..."

I'm sorry to hear this, if it's accurate. But at the same time, I'm not surprised that this crowd wasn't very receptive to the Hip.