07/05/07: Bala: The Kee

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

chris wrote:Mr. Lahey - lay off the booze and read the post before yours.... it's already up for downloading. :)
BURN!!!
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

Cordelia. :thumb: 'nuff said. :lol:

This show was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen Gord play the acoustic so much. Rob was soooo into every single song. He even grooved across the stage at one point!

I still can't explain why I like this band so much. I thought I had it figured out last night - watching each of them, it was like they were playing their own individual concert and were doing their own unique thing. That was really cool.

Man....what am I going to do now. These last four shows were a blast!
767F/O
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by 767F/O »

Hey Chris,

Don't be so harsh man...Mr. Lahey was wondering about the show being video taped. The link that is posted, as you know, is for audio.

Cheers.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

767F/O wrote:Hey Chris,

Don't be so harsh man...
I guess the smiley face at the end of his post was lost on you? He was being sarcastic man.
Last edited by trevor on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

For those wondering, yes it was video taped, when it will see the light of day, who knows,
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

trevor wrote:
767F/O wrote:Hey Chris,

Don't be so harsh man...
I guess the smiley face at the end of his post was lost on you? He was being sacastic man.
And the Mr. Lahey / Trailer Park Boys reference... :thumb:
767F/O
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by 767F/O »

Oh I get it now - the smiley face!

What is "sacastic" mean though???
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

That's a special term that Trevor only pulls out on special occasions... but I have no idea what it means.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

767F/O wrote:Oh I get it now - the smiley face!

What is "sacastic" mean though???
What are you quoting? Look again! 8)
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

thompson girl wrote:Cordelia. :thumb: 'nuff said. :lol:

This show was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen Gord play the acoustic so much. Rob was soooo into every single song. He even grooved across the stage at one point!

I still can't explain why I like this band so much. I thought I had it figured out last night - watching each of them, it was like they were playing their own individual concert and were doing their own unique thing. That was really cool.

We have no idea of what to do now. Euro 2007 is not an option for us. It has been a great run of shows (6) on this spring/early summer leg of the tour. Can't imagine going a year without one.

:(

DC
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

mookytc wrote:
thompson girl wrote:Cordelia. :thumb: 'nuff said. :lol:

We have no idea of what to do now. Euro 2007 is not an option for us. It has been a great run of shows (6) on this spring/early summer leg of the tour. Can't imagine going a year without one.

:(

DC
It can be tough at times. I remember feeling some of that after last years run. The 4 nights at the Phoenix was simply untoppable for me. Yet, I still go to shows and the band still amazes me with everything they do!
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

I can handle the fact that I missed the show last night and actually thought i saw the bus on the 400 coming south as i headed here to Huntsville around 12noon....

What I couldn't handle is if they had actually delivered Emporer Penguin!

Jeffro
spryguy09
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by spryguy09 »

I'm new to this downloading torrents thing. How the heck do you download it? I clicked on the "Torrent Link" but it didn't download
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

1. Download the .torrent file.
2. Open it with a Bit Torrent client.
3. Download the actual files.
4. Share the files until you have uploaded an amount of data equal to or greater than what you downloaded.
5. Enjoy the show!
Rohobian
New Maybe
New Maybe

wow

Post by Rohobian »

That was the best show I've ever been to. It's going to ruin all other shows I ever go to, for any band. Nothing can ever top that. Gord was just so into it and performing the hell out of every song. Did his usual antics he does during 100th meridian, always with a unique twist. And then of course he went into "If i die of vanity promise me promise me if they bury me someplace I don't wanna be they'll dig me up and transport me, uncerimoniously away from, the swollen city breeze, garbage bag trees, whispers of disease, acts of enormity, lower me slowly and sadly and properly, get ry cooder to sing my eulogy!"... did it fast as hell like he always does... was amazing, and being so close to the stage was fantastic.

And YES... CORDELIA!! WOOT!!! :thumb: