07/05/07: Bala: The Kee

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

spryguy09
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by spryguy09 »

[quote="chris"]1. Download the .torrent file.
2. Open it with a Bit Torrent client.
3. Download the actual files.
4. Share the files until you have uploaded an amount of data equal to or greater than what you downloaded.
5. Enjoy the show![/quote]

Great. thanks
ianmac
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

playing the download

Post by ianmac »

if your media won't play the FLAC files then try winamp, it is programmed to play these types of files which are superior to mp3 and there is no added plug ins or what ever

Ian
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

spryguy09 wrote:
chris wrote:1. Download the .torrent file.
2. Open it with a Bit Torrent client.
3. Download the actual files.
4. Share the files until you have uploaded an amount of data equal to or greater than what you downloaded.
5. Enjoy the show!
Great. thanks
That's a VERY basic run down...

Here's another resource at Hipbase: http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5229
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

burn at once is what I use. Easy one step to convert the flac files and burn. http://www.burnatonce.net/downloads/

give it a try.

DC
Last edited by mookytc on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

What a show as always! The Kee is a fantastic venue, and it was great to meet some fellow hipbasers...

Cordelia blew me away. After it was over I turned to my brother said "okay, we can go. I got my money's worth." Of course we didn't go anywhere, and the rest of the main set was stellar as usual, with Thugs, Scared, and Family Band being the other highlights for me. The encore was a little bit of a let down - I was hoping they would give us one more gem in there (and now seeing what was originally on the setlist makes it even worse!). I'm not complaining though, as I said Cordelia alone was more than worth the price of admission. I took a ton of pictures and will post a link once I sort through them and get them up on flickr.

And thanks dreyfuss for getting that recording up so fast, I'll have to jump on that torrent when I get home tomorrow.

Cheers,
Kyle
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for the beers on Sunday. Great to hear all of your awesome hip stories. I saw that you and Dave made it to the promised land. Wish I would have waited just a little longer with you guys.

Really enjoyed the show. I ended up just standing dead centre with a few other hipbasers.

Hope your drive back to Dearborn went well. I'll look you up if I'm ever out that way.

ttyl,
Jamie
BDS28
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BDS28 »

I noticed at the end of the show that Johnny stormed off and slammed his drumsticks on the ground. He was clearly pissed off at something....

Anyone have any ideas?
farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

BDS28 wrote:I noticed at the end of the show that Johnny stormed off and slammed his drumsticks on the ground. He was clearly pissed off at something....

Anyone have any ideas?
Maybe he REALLY wanted to play Emperor Penguin???
loki28
New Maybe
New Maybe

one of the best shows

Post by loki28 »

That was an amazing show. Like everybody I loved Cordelia! My borther and sister-in-law were with us and their 14 month old daughter is named Cordelia so they really enjoyed it.

We were back beside the sound booth and there was a guy with a camera on a tri-pod filming the show. I'd love to get a copy of that!

I'll settle for the audio file for now.

P.S. This is my first visit to the site...I'll be back!
paulster2626
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by paulster2626 »

I also had a wicked time - haven't rocked out like that in a long time! Could've sworn old Gordie saw this and was impressed...

How loud was that place though? I don't think my ears have ever been ringing that much before.

The Kee has become my new favourite venue. The stage height and location, combined with the way things sound in there (all the wood I suppose) would make any show worth going to. I hope the Hip enjoyed themselves as much as they appeared to and decide to play there again some time soon.

Glad everyone else had fun - anyone else try that $6.50 poutine from the shop next door? Worth every penny.....
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

Here's a few pics from the show...and several more on flickr

Sinclair and Baker, in their office:

Mr. Paul Langlois:

Gord:

"Must. Remember. Emperor Penguin. Lyrics. ....screw it, we're playing Fully instead"
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

grimes wrote:Mr. Paul Langlois:
Love that shot of Paul!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Top notch photos, grimes! Thanks for those. :thumb:

I hope to get some decent shots in September.

loki28, I think there were a couple of people videoing the show - I have no doubt it'll turn up on DVD at some point. 8)
chris
The Last Recluse

Re: one of the best shows

Post by chris »

loki28 wrote:That was an amazing show. Like everybody I loved Cordelia! My borther and sister-in-law were with us and their 14 month old daughter is named Cordelia so they really enjoyed it.

We were back beside the sound booth and there was a guy with a camera on a tri-pod filming the show. I'd love to get a copy of that!

I'll settle for the audio file for now.

P.S. This is my first visit to the site...I'll be back!
Welcome.

Sign-up for www.thehiptracker.com as that is where the audio is and the video will be posted.
Gibie
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Gibie »

Gord was walking between the Kee and one of the buses after the show and stopped to sign some CDs and stuff... does he come out after a show a lot? Or is it pretty rare?