ONTARIO SHOWS WHOS TAPING?

Gather around the fan

Moderators: Corby, Moderators

BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

ONTARIO SHOWS WHOS TAPING?

Post by BIGVDOGG »

I will be videotaping at Kitchener(Left Centre Floor Row 7),Guelph(Centre Floor Row 10),Oshawa(Right Centre Floor Row 2),and Toronto(307 Row 1).Is anyone else taping any of the Ontario shows? I was hoping at the very least we could put something great together for the Toronto show.Im up for dinner/beer before or after any of these shows,and wife and I are staying over in Oshawa!
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: ONTARIO SHOWS WHOS TAPING?

Post by Scotty12 »

Ive never videotaped a show before, what kind of equipment do you guys advise using
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I'll likely tape Toronto and Guelph. We're front row for Guelph. Haven't received our Toronto tickets yet.

Scotty12 - what do you have?
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

I was thinking of using my sisters Digital SLR or a new camera my dad got for christmas, a 16MP 26X optical zoom with 720p video
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Scotty what shows you going to,still got to get these posters to you! I am using my Sony videocamera and a monopod.Just got myself a nice swivel head with the arm on it.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Most venues won't allow you in with an SLR. And SLRs are not suited to filming continuously for 2+ hours. And the zoom is meaningless unless you have an extremely stable tripod. The more you zoom the more amplified every movement of the camera becomes... Resulting in shaky video.
applecakes
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by applecakes »

BIGVDOGG wrote:I will be videotaping at Kitchener(Left Centre Floor Row 7),Guelph(Centre Floor Row 10),Oshawa(Right Centre Floor Row 2),and Toronto(307 Row 1).Is anyone else taping any of the Ontario shows? I was hoping at the very least we could put something great together for the Toronto show.Im up for dinner/beer before or after any of these shows,and wife and I are staying over in Oshawa!

BIGVDOGG,

Did you ever release your Oshawa footage or audio? I'd love to check it out. I was front row centre. What a night.
applecakes
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by applecakes »

Whoops!. I'm looking for 'Fully Completely" footage from 2015. I think you were mentioning the Plan A shows
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

chris wrote:Most venues won't allow you in with an SLR. And SLRs are not suited to filming continuously for 2+ hours. And the zoom is meaningless unless you have an extremely stable tripod. The more you zoom the more amplified every movement of the camera becomes... Resulting in shaky video.
Clicked this thread thinking it was for MMP tour and it turns out its an oldie but a goodie.

Fortunately I bought a new camera that should come in handy for recording, but you already saw this post in the other thread :D

Going to make the last minute trip from Kingston to tape Toronto 3, Hamilton, or Ottawa if I can find a decent single.

I would be filming the shows with two samsung gear 360 cameras. They are brand new and take incredible immersive HD photo/video:

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-360/

But don't just take the manufacturers word for it, here is a snip from a Sloan concert I shot in June:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngak_QwMSc

^ Make sure you watch in HD

Also: If you or anyone you know with amazing tickets wants to film any ontario shows using this cam, let me know.

Please email for fastest response: [email protected]
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

I got vid of Toronto #2 full show. And snippets from London and Toronto #1. Taking a break Sunday then full show Hamilton. In between mark Matt Scott myself we should have something out soonish.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

BIGVDOGG wrote:I got vid of Toronto #2 full show. And snippets from London and Toronto #1. Taking a break Sunday then full show Hamilton. In between mark Matt Scott myself we should have something out soonish.
You are a legend of videotaping hip shows as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for all you've done Vic :music
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

I also got full vid for Toronto 3.