In Memoriam

Gather around the fan

Moderators: Corby, Moderators

Tthip
The Last Recluse

In Memoriam

Post by Tthip »

Nothing to really do with The Hip, but a great tribute from another band I follow:

IN MEMORY
2/9/2015
http://www.moe.org/news/in-memory/

Although we did not list a new Featured Show last week, our thoughts were on the legacy left by our dear friend, Eric Vandercar.

An overly exceptional and early taper, Eric was always one to ensure people heard about moe. Many of the usual suspects and the best of the best moe. tapers over the years were turned on to the band by Eric himself. Back in the days of trading DAT’s, it would often take months after seeing a show before you would get a copy in the mail. Eric always made sure he responded to every single inquiry for a copy of a moe. show, from anyone who he might have known or had chatted with through the “L”.

Eric was also pivotal in archiving the simplest of facts and data and different nuances about the band, and sharing this cardinal knowledge with everyone, all the way back to the “Codename: Weaselshark” days. He was known for being a “taper extraordinaire” through many scenes of multiple jam bands, but most especially moe. After consulting with several other prominent tapers in the moe. scene, I’ve decided to feature this particular show: a matrix with the SBD audio of 10/31/96. Along with longtime friend and one of the aforementioned tapers, Scott Bernstein, I believe this “pull” is one that every moe.ron should know by the banter if nothing else.

Eric was a taper’s taper, not only with the science and acoustical aspects, but between his selected gear of choice and his levels pulling the sound. Through his overly meticulous attention to detail in the transferring and editing, he was always able to capture the beauty and art of the music as well. You can also find his legacy and all recordings he has on the LMA.

Through music and just by being an all around, amazing person, Eric connected with many of us. Our thoughts, prayers, condolences, and vibes are with his family and our extended famoe.ly during this time.

~ that setlist guy
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana