Gather around the fan

Moderators: Corby, Moderators

gsmacleod
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Ottawa - Aug 18th

Post by gsmacleod »

Good day,

I was fortunate to score a single ticket for Ottawa in the fan pre-sale an plan to tape the show. However, I've only taped in Halifax before and wanted to find out from people who have taped there if security has been a problem.

Primarily wondering about the metal detectors and if you just put your gear in the tray with no issues?

Shane
SRK
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: Ottawa - Aug 18th

Post by SRK »

I haven't been to a show at the CTC since they put the mandatory hockey game metal detectors in last year, but I noticed that they didn't have them for the Who when I saw them at the ACC in march, so maybe it's *just* for hockey? Not sure how it works.
gsmacleod
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by gsmacleod »

The entrance we used for Pearl Jam was using the metal detectors -maybe not all doors used them though.

Shane
mnm6677
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mnm6677 »

The hip allow open taping ,& filming. With this being the final tour not sure if that policy is still in effect. I hope it is because I'm trying to film several shows. I have reached out to the hip for verification but can't get a hold of anyone. If anyone has a direct contact please pm me. Good luck if you tape!
Naga
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Naga »

mnm6677 wrote:The hip allow open taping ,& filming. With this being the final tour not sure if that policy is still in effect. I hope it is because I'm trying to film several shows. I have reached out to the hip for verification but can't get a hold of anyone. If anyone has a direct contact please pm me. Good luck if you tape!
I really hope you are able to! I wasn't able to get tickets and I don't know if I would survive if the final Hip shows weren't taped.
msilver88
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by msilver88 »

I managed to get a single ticket to the August 10th show in Toronto and I hope to tape it as well. I noticed that there wasn't a "No Audio/No Video Recording" note on the physical ticket, so maybe we're still good to go with open taping. I certainly hope so.
mnm6677
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mnm6677 »

The no audio/video is common for tm tickets. Still no response on my end.. getting nervous. I really hope to film these shows.
Seth01
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Seth01 »

I'm a seasoned taper and my Hip contact didn't get back to me either. I'll be taping both Vancouver shows and going in with my big rigs and expect to get my usual footprint inside the soundboard cage. Wish me luck.
mnm6677
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mnm6677 »

Good luck man. I'm hoping to do the same at the shows I attend.
gsmacleod
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by gsmacleod »

msilver88
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by msilver88 »

gsmacleod wrote:Just saw this:

http://www.thehip.com/news/recording-ph ... poem-tour/

Shane
Thanks for the link Shane. It looks like I will be okay to record audio from my seat. :)
gsmacleod
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by gsmacleod »

msilver88 wrote:
gsmacleod wrote:Just saw this:

http://www.thehip.com/news/recording-ph ... poem-tour/

Shane
Thanks for the link Shane. It looks like I will be okay to record audio from my seat. :)
Glad I'll have something to point to if security asks about my recorder and battery box.

Are you taping Ottawa?

Shane
carebread
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by carebread »

I have front row 220s so I may set up a digital camera to record audio but thats all I have. No professional equipment over here. :(

Wish they'd loosen the rules again to allow DSLRs with 75mm or under lenses.
Across The Causeway '04 | Big Music Fest '08 | Kingston '09 | Bobcaygeon '11 | Cobourg '13 | Bluesfest '13 | Danforth Music Hall '15 | Kingston '15 | Bluesfest '15 | Toronto I '16 | Toronto II '16 | Toronto III '16 | Hamilton '16 | Ottawa '16 | Kingston '16
msilver88
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by msilver88 »

gsmacleod wrote: Glad I'll have something to point to if security asks about my recorder and battery box.

Are you taping Ottawa?

Shane
I plan on Taping Toronto #1 on August 10th. I'm not sure if I should use my tried and trusty CAFS or go with my unused CA-14 mics. Decisions, decisions... If I could work it, I'd probably run both.

Mike
britstones
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by britstones »

I was able to get my handheld video cam & monopod into the Edmonton #1 show last night. recorded whole show with no issues at all.