Gather around the fan

Moderators: Corby, Moderators

Seth01
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Re: Ottawa - Aug 18th

Post by Seth01 »

msilver88 wrote:
gsmacleod wrote: Glad I'll have something to point to if security asks about my recorder and battery box.

Are you taping Ottawa?

Shane
I plan on Taping Toronto #1 on August 10th. I'm not sure if I should use my tried and trusty CAFS or go with my unused CA-14 mics. Decisions, decisions... If I could work it, I'd probably run both.

Mike
As someone who's recorded hundreds of shows using both sets of mentioned mics, I can unequivocally say your CA-14 (I'm guessing cards not omnis) will get a better capture.
msilver88
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by msilver88 »

Seth01 wrote:
msilver88 wrote: I plan on Taping Toronto #1 on August 10th. I'm not sure if I should use my tried and trusty CAFS or go with my unused CA-14 mics. Decisions, decisions... If I could work it, I'd probably run both.

Mike
As someone who's recorded hundreds of shows using both sets of mentioned mics, I can unequivocally say your CA-14 (I'm guessing cards not omnis) will get a better capture.
I actually have both cards and omnis versions of the CA-14s, but I would like to run the cards. I'd probably have to clip them to a ballcap to try and get 90 degrees between them, but it might be workable. My seat is in the first row up in the 300 sections, so the recording has a chance to turn out decent.

Mike
Seth01
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Seth01 »

msilver88 wrote: I actually have both cards and omnis versions of the CA-14s, but I would like to run the cards. I'd probably have to clip them to a ballcap to try and get 90 degrees between them, but it might be workable. My seat is in the first row up in the 300 sections, so the recording has a chance to turn out decent.

Mike
Front row (of an upper section) is a terrific taper seat! I've gotten great pulls from the CA-14 cards even without 90 degrees. Just move your head as little as possible and you'll be golden, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to your tape. I've posted the first night of Vancouver here:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=587989

Second night will be released soon.
GrantMHawkins
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by GrantMHawkins »

Just curious, did anyone successfully record this show? I'd love to get a recording of it. Security seemed to be a bit aggressive that night, I'm hoping no one ran into any issues.
gsmacleod
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by gsmacleod »

GrantMHawkins wrote:Just curious, did anyone successfully record this show? I'd love to get a recording of it. Security seemed to be a bit aggressive that night, I'm hoping no one ran into any issues.
I taped it - no issues with getting my stuff in, just dropped it all in th bin, passed it across and walked through the detector.

You can find it on Dime or it is linked in this thread:

http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18822

Shane