06/21/08 - Belleville, Ontario - Zwick's Park

Been to a show and would like to give a review?
carebread
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: 06/21/08 - Belleville, Ontario - Zwick's Park

Post by carebread »

Up at the front, it didn't get rough until the last few songs. Even then, I just pushed back.
Most of the pushing was happening when security/EMS had to jump in to the crowd.
Across The Causeway '04 | Big Music Fest '08 | Kingston '09 | Bobcaygeon '11 | Cobourg '13 | Bluesfest '13 | Danforth Music Hall '15 | Kingston '15 | Bluesfest '15 | Toronto I '16 | Toronto II '16 | Toronto III '16 | Hamilton '16 | Ottawa '16 | Kingston '16
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

That is a nice picture as your avatar carebread.
Have any more that you could share?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Hammer
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Hammer »

mintgreenbird wrote:saw a few people snapin pics of my HIP FAN license plates though which made my night!
I was one of those people! It didn't show up in my pics with the flash on, and was blurry as hell in the pics I took without the flash (obviously no tri-pod on hand lol) Was still neat to see... (We sat down right beside your ride on the grass and listened to your tunes for a little bit lol)

I didn't know if you would be opposed to someone taking pics of the plates or not, so I didn't try long enough to grab a real good shot... Some people hate having people take photo's of their stuff, while others love it... (At least in the car community... Personally I love it when I see excited people taking pictures of my car, but I know others who HATE it.)

A "HIP FAN" licence plate on a vehicle parked outside of a Hip concert while playing some Hip tunes... Well, I guess that should have been enough for me to know that you wouldn't mind the attention lol. (I will remove the pic if you'd like, just thought that others might like to see it ;))
Last edited by Hammer on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carebread
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by carebread »

Tthip wrote:That is a nice picture as your avatar carebread.
Have any more that you could share?
No problem! I've posted the adequate ones on Flickr :)
http://flickr.com/photos/stajanitor/set ... 757926882/

I should warn you - they're horribly out of order.
Across The Causeway '04 | Big Music Fest '08 | Kingston '09 | Bobcaygeon '11 | Cobourg '13 | Bluesfest '13 | Danforth Music Hall '15 | Kingston '15 | Bluesfest '15 | Toronto I '16 | Toronto II '16 | Toronto III '16 | Hamilton '16 | Ottawa '16 | Kingston '16
mintgreenbird
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mintgreenbird »

no problem leave em up! im pretty proud of my plates... i had to fight the nys dmv for em... they thought they might mean something bad. thats cool you guys were right by me... i wasent realy chatty as i was pretty wiped out. earlier that day we went canoeing on westlake in the county and then the show just tok me out... i wanted to people watch for a bit before bed... glad you enjoyed the tunes! see yall at the next show!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Bobcaygeon:

Dana
767F/O
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by 767F/O »

Overall it was a good show but not one of my favourites.
The show could have been so much better if they dropped a few off of World Container and added some more of the older/rarer songs.
Unfortunately I was jammed in towards the front or I would have headed for the water-closet-Johnny-on-the-spot during World Container. I really wonder if the boys enjoy playing that song???
In View, although well received by the crowd, is also a bit lame. I was also really hoping to hear some new material.
With that said, still had a great time. It was a fun venue for an outdoor show. Hopefully the Hip will headline it again next year!!
shadowman6901
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by shadowman6901 »

video came out nice and clear ,shot from left side just a little bit up on the hill
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

shadowman6901 wrote:video came out nice and clear ,shot from left side just a little bit up on the hill
Great! Can't wait to check it out.
tina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tina »

Loved the show... haven't been to a big one like that since Across the Causeway....
The crowd surfers and drunken/wasted people ruined my enjoyment of the live music.. When you have to look out for raining heels to the head... it's distracting...and not everyone can be entitled to the front for every show.... enjoy your spot...
I love the outdoor shows... wish somehow we could have the safety and comfort of the indoor/seated show combined with the freshness/aura of the field parties.... perhaps its a matter or relearning manners??? Drink, party enjoy... but know what and when your limit is... you enjoy peacefully, so will everyone else...

xo
tb
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Long Time Running

Nautical Disaster

Grace, Too

Music At Work
Dana
dougimixdrinks
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by dougimixdrinks »

It looks like a consensus that the show was good, but not great. I guess I was a little surprised at the amount of people who left right after SRB finished, but the crowd was still pretty big. In View sounded off for sure, and somewhat suprised that there was no Meridian and that we got Wheat Kings (have been to approx 16-17 shows and have seen it 2-3 times).
Overall, not bad. The sounds was good, the crowd was ok, although I was a bit taken back that there wasn't alot of effort into cheering for an encore.
certainly not the best Hip show I have seen.
joshwayy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by joshwayy »

Great videos...I so wish Gord would stop screaming and sing. Is his voice totally shot?
Hammer
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Hammer »

dougimixdrinks wrote:somewhat suprised that there was no Meridian and that we got Wheat Kings (have been to approx 16-17 shows and have seen it 2-3 times)
I've only been to 4 shows and have caught it Wheat Kings 3 times lol. (Blow, Grace, M@W and Poets were played at all 4 shows i've been to lol)

I too was surprised not to hear Meridian, but not disappointed really.

Looking forward to the July 3rd show here in Ottawa... Was going to hit up the June 30th show in PEI but will spend most of my short vacation time with my family in NB instead I guess lol
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

Wheat King... I see ya linked a few of my videos there. Grace Too is one of my favs from that night. Here are my other ones from Belleville http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh5IBGwj ... iA-yyv5jX4[/youtube][/youtube][/youtube][/youtube]