Starting the collection...

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

Vingal10
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Starting the collection...

Post by Vingal10 »

Well, it's more like expanding the collection rather than starting.

I always just choose to go to the shows rather relive it through the boots. I enjoy that full live experience. However, I am in a bit of a Hip drought and I listen to the HipBase for 8 hours a day at work... so I really want to build the collection of boots.

I have about 10 or so now that I have had forever and I really need someone to help me out. As I said, I don't have much to offer in trade but I would really like to purchase some if I could. I have been to 36 Hip shows now and I could start with those and I also want a bunch that I've heard from the HipBase or that I've heard about through word of mouth.

Who can help me??

Thanks, Vinny
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by grooveless touque »

First, let me say you should never, ever purchase boots. I won't sell them, and most self-respecting traders won't. Nobody should make a penny off concert bootlegs. If you can't find someone willing to trade for what you have, find someone (like me) who accepts blanks-for-burned, or B&P (blanks & postage). I'll e-mail you...I just wanted to put this out there to inform or remind newbies that under no circumstances should you buy a concert bootleg.

Don't forget that there are enough good souls in the trading community willing to help a newbie (because we were all newbies once!). :thumb:
Vingal10
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Vingal10 »

Thanks man, that's the advice i was looking for. I just didn't know if I should offer money... i didn't realize trading was so noble. I will contact you this weekend. Thanks for the help, Vinny
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by dyersbay »

Lets not forget that Peter is the exception! :D
Plus for me I would be willing to trade my shows for others. However I can't figure out how to upload the shows I have, in order to trade :rambo:
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by grooveless touque »

Oh yeah Vinny - I couldn't figure outhow to e-mail you so I sent you a message, and I don't know if you have your instant alerts turned on. If so, this is redundant since you already know I messaged you, but if not check your forum inbox!
hipfan39
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by hipfan39 »

Yah never buy bootlegs man!!! There are many great people in this hip comnunity that will gladly help you out man....... Here is my site & bootleg list: http://www.hipcovers.com
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I'm always up for trades - although my FTP has been on the fritz lately. But B&P always works well.

The link to my list is a few lines down, in my signature! :thumb:
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Hip COncert TRades

Post by Bootlegger420 »

HEY ALL !!!!

I WILL TRADE SOME HIP SHOWS TO WHOEVER HAS A SHOW I DONT HAVE, AND LET ME TELL YOU I HAVE QUITE A FEW,, I LIKE TO USE MSN MESSENGER AND JUST TRADE SONG FOR SONG BUT IM WILLING TO MAIL OUT DISKS FOR TRADES ALSO, ANY ONE INTERSETED LET ME KNOW!!!!

SHANE