Flawed SHNs

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Flawed SHNs

Post by grooveless touque »

Now, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth - I know I get loads of free entertainment from the stuff on the FTP - but has anybody else noticed the huge number of corrupt SHNs that will not convert to WAV? I'm finding them in almost every one out of three concerts. Burlington 2000, Halifax 2000, Hartford, Road Apples Premiere, FC Premiere...is there anything that can be done about these? I mean, it is the file and not my computer, right? I was actually hoping I might have incorrect settings or something. I like to DL one SHN from a show and listen to it to see if the quality's good enough to get the whole show, but increasingly I find that the first one I download does not work...like M@W in Burlington. There's at least half a dozen flawed files in Halifax.
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

whoever is running the ftp should be running the md5's before he makes them available for download. when a person uploads they should create a folder with their e-mail address and then upload into that. that way, if the ftp owner runs the md5's and sees that one or more files is corrupt, he could contact the uploader and have them send it again.

my thoughts.