We need for ftp sites!!!!

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

We need for ftp sites!!!!

Post by gratts99 »

Only having one is just not right for all us downloading hip freaks. I,m sure there are people that cant even get on. What happened to the idea of some other people starting ftp sites. (in previous posts).

ps. I will kill for the orginal cobo hall live between us boot. Rory had it but he said it wouldnt copy because of the scrathes on it. ANYONE ELSE HAVE IT??
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by grooveless touque »

Are FTPs free to set up? I have been thinking about creating one, but someone mentioned it was "expensive" to make and maintain them, which made me think you might have to buy webspace for them. I've never looked into it, but I might...I'd love to be of service to the community, and I have close to 75 boots to upload.
highlander
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by highlander »

With ISP's shutting down more and more people who use excessive bandwidth, FTPs are dying out. To host one is expensive. There's the computer, harddrives, upkeep and of course, bandwidth. Also having an FTP is a thankless job because 98% of the people who log onto FTP sites are leechers. They take and take but never give anything back. Very frustrating. I can see why there is currently only one Hip FTP . Consider yourself lucky to have at least one.

High
Stickboy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Cobo Hall

Post by Stickboy »

Gratts,

I wasn't even aware a boot of the live between us show existed...u should start that as another thread in the downloading and trading discussion because I would also love to gte my hands on that boot if it is out there.

Jesse (aka Stickboy, Pig On Tour)
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

hey stickboy already did some time ago,, heres the link

http://forum.hipbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=1010

Only got the one response from rory
Stickboy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Stickboy »

I wonder if anyone has tried to contact the Hip about releasing the soundboard tapes from that show for the loyal fans....that setlist is so amazing and would be such a great double disc for us "true believers"...If they ever really wanted to reward the hardcore fans like DMB or Pearl Jam does with their fan club hookups, that would be one of my first requests....along with a b-sides album...

I heard once that Robby was going to put together a b-sides disc and that they maight re-record them for the album. One can only wish I guess

Jesse (aka Stickboy, Pig On Tour)
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by grooveless touque »

I read that, but in a later interview one of them said it was sort of a joke and they're not seriously considering it. I thought that was disappointing, especially since in the original interview it didn't really sound like a joke.