Let's Gather 'Round The Fan 2023 NEW RELEASE

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

srb
Completist
Completist

Re: Let's Gather 'Round The Fan 2023 NEW RELEASE

Post by srb »

I was late to the original run of Gather 'Round the Fan comps, so I don't have a nostalgia factor for them. I'm less a fan of the individual snippets than towards the shows as a whole.

Don't let that stop you having fun.

Personally I stopped posting recordings here due to the disinterest.
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

thanks man, appreciate the reply :)

I'll continue to do me and drop updates from time to time :)
kieffer
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kieffer »

I'll add a massive thank you, this is really cool. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to explore this, but will do so one of these days.

In your compiling, do you happen to know what the longest version of a song is that the hip ever played live? My guess is that is a version of 100th (as opposed to NOIS).
cmckay69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by cmckay69 »

Another thought I would like to hear the full song instead of just the portion of the song. Just like the Song of the day theme from years ago. If you uploaded the whole song I would be all over it.
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

If I had been better efficient with my chopping, I’d have full tracks still but I had little method to my madness.

I have started to culminate full tracks and will post in time for Christmas. I won’t bother with one-liners, I’ll just pool together songs with significant rants or early song workings. Stay tuned…
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

If I had been better efficient with my chopping, I’d have full tracks still but I had little method to my madness.

I have started to culminate full tracks and will post in time for Christmas. I won’t bother with one-liners, I’ll just pool together songs with significant rants or early song workings. Stay tuned…
mookie
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by mookie »

I commend your dedication and efforts on your project. I would also agree that the full song is a good idea, rather than the clips.
I'm looking forward to your finished product.

Here's a donation to the cause, there's even a little "Let's Gather 'Round The Fan" in there for ya ;)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoXyhLtN1pG0gfEUog_ ... w?e=bNdBsD
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

Thanks Mookie - stay tuned, I'm at 500 soundboard/FM quality complete song rants/early song gems, just working on renaming the tracks...hope to be done and out before Christmas.
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

Okay, here it is in its full track glory, I welcome any other soundboard tracks people may have to add...this is 721 early gems, song whispers and epic rants:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by rocketsan22 on Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

This link is active to the Google drive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If you could let me know if there are any errors (mislabeled cover songs or exact song duplication), it would be appreciated. The hours spent on this is a true testament to my OCD lol and after doing this twice (next time I work smarter not harder). I also welcome knowledge of song snippets within songs that aren't within your usual suspects for finding gems (ie. 100th and NOIS) that I may have missed.

I know there's a ton more out there both soundboard and amateur taped. I skipped over all non- soundboard or FM sourced in the name of quality. There was an epic clip of a very early The Bear rant that it killed me to leave out due to the quality. Some of the older FM sources are a little suspect but I tried to pretty them up as best I could.

Stumped on the origin of the "the sun is poor, the moon is free, but dogs love them both equally" lyric.

Is it me or did song development live decrease as the band's on stage history progress (ie. 2001-2015 - 2016 understandably excluded) decrease? 1996-2000 was a gold mine of treasures.

Please, please continue to link me to stuff I missed so that this can grow our collective love for Canada's greatest band. They live on in our hearts.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

Incredible work. Thank you, music lover

And it’s not just you - re: song development decreasing as bands history progressed. Personally I can’t help but wonder was Gord’s solo career a factor in this (as many lines that started on stage found their way onto CMG + others)
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

Prefer Hip archaeologist :)
SeeingLikeAState
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by SeeingLikeAState »

I care.

Maybe I'll post somewhere else, but wanted to name some things I'm looking for.

1) I'm looking for an old file I had called "Grace Intros" that was about 5 minutes of intros/bridge/outros to Grace, Too. The idea was just to collect Gord's best rants in them.

2) Also, I had a tape of them at the House of Blues, Myrtle Beach (I think), 1999. I'd love to hear that again.

3) There's a version of poets where I think it's just sort of in the middle of another song maybe, but the really distinctive thing is they start playing 'I can only give you everything,' a song they played a bunch. Anyway.
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

Now I need to scour 2012 shows for hints and whispers of Along The Albany...