gaps/pops between tracks

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

ito
New Maybe
New Maybe

gaps/pops between tracks

Post by ito »

I'm very experienced in SHN, so I'm pretty sure it's not me, does everyone else notice gaps between some or all the tracks on the few shows being shared after the release shows? specifically, 7/18, 7/02, and I think 6/30 and 6/27 as well. It doesn't sound like people are using a program like CD Wave to split the original WAVs before creating SHNs, creating gaps because the WAV files aren't being split along CD sector boundries. Either that, or the SHN programs being used aren't functioning properly. It's still great to hear the shows, but I'd like to be able to spread them around, the shows really aren't tradable at the moment. Comments?
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

i'm not as experienced in SHN, but I ripped a Doors TV special recently using Acoustica to rip and CoolEdit 2000 to cut up. CoolEdit seemed to add very short but loud clicks/pops to wherever I cut the original wav (start and end of songs), and it's audible on the CD copy I made. Is this what you are talking about Ito? Or do you know how to fix this? I used CoolEdit because Acoustica crashed my computer countless times when I tried to cut the wav up using it. What do you mean by splitting a wav along CD sector boundries and how do you do that?
ito
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by ito »

you can set CoolEdit to split the wav into the sector boundries, but supposedly it's complicated. Many people use the program CDWave, it's a wav editor like Cool Edit that was created just for this purpose.
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

Most of the shows you are talking about I SHNed. I had CD copies of them and used EAC to rip them then MKW to shn, I am open to a suggestion on a better way!!
:?:
ito
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by ito »

eags: that's the standard way... i don't know what's causing it. are the discs perfect (no gaps) when you get them? assuming they are, i would guess that if there is a problem with your end then it probably comes from the MKW when you SHN, I've seen others who had that kind of problem but I'm not sure what they did to fix it.