thehip.myip.org - does anyone have the login/password?

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

thehip.myip.org - does anyone have the login/password?

Post by grooveless touque »

thehip.myip.org > someone mentioned this link in the body of the ftp.tragicallyhip.org unit along with lists of the bootlegs, videos etc that it hosts. however, no login name or password was given anywhere and i was wondering if somebody knew them.

thanks in advance...
dannya2
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by dannya2 »

In a previous thread it said something about it being taken offline....
marrow
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Thehip.myip.org

Post by marrow »

Hey lightonthewater

I actually was the one that was hosting the server, and yes it is off line.

However, I'm going to try and bring the server back on line in the next little while, but the host name will be different. I'll post it in the Forum here on hipbase.com once it's back up.

Cheers
Brad
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

A PROBLEM....

Figured I could stash this in my own old thread.

I've got a new machine and I've installed SmartFTP and I'm trying to log into ftp.tragicallyhip.org, which I have enever, ever had to wait for. Today I'm getting error messages I've never seen before: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." Does this mean there's something wrong with my settings? I know it's not the standard "busy" message. I've tried to align my settings as close as I can remember to what I used to have before...

Also, hipshows.myip.us is telling me connection could not be established because the party did not properly respond or the established connection failed. This is the busy signal, right? It sounds a little more ominous and I thought I might have a problem getting in. I don't know how to tell which error messages are a result of the FTP server and which might be a result of my own computer.
highlander
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by highlander »

I believe both of those FTPs are down or only up sporatically. Try ftp.thehundredthmeridian.com. I think that's the only one up currently. Biggest problem with FTPs is that everyone leeches but rarely gives back and the ftp owners get fed up and close the site.

High
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

My ftp is down currently, I am having some problems with people hammering. I am working out a n ew system maybe a few people at a time. with a personal login. Will keep everyone posted. :thumb:
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Thanks for the info, both of you...good to know I don't have comp/connection problems!