09/27/09: National Arts Centre: Ottawa, ON

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
cochise
Completist
Completist

Re: 09/27/09: National Arts Centre: Ottawa, ON

Post by cochise »

A few photo's from Sunday:
TTH1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cochise
Completist
Completist

Post by cochise »

Can only add 3 at a time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cochise
Completist
Completist

Post by cochise »

The last one is my daughter, Gord came down and rested his head on her shoulder, just before climbing into the crowd during Blow.
TTH700FT
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by TTH700FT »

downie_24 wrote:SRK, you beat me to the punch (must be cause I live out in Kanata) You took the words right out of my mouth, this was probably the best show i've ever seen. I've been to 18 shows and this was probably the most energy I've seen from both the crowd and the band, much better than last nights show. So many great songs tonight, Dark Canuck, 3 Pistols, Tiger the Lion, Looking for a place to happen, Queen of the Furrows, Long Time Running, Family Band....hell the whole show was amazing. Any of you here sitting in Row DD jumping up and down to every song? Good on ya for getting the crowd going.
Yeah, there were 2 guys and a girl a row behind me in DD, and I was right in front of them in row CC with the Zubov jersey on. We were all jumping around having a grand ol time and trying to get the crowd going.

As for Monday night, the crowd was pretty lame and I made my attempts (now with my Modano jersey) at getting the place going - both before the show and during - and it was to no avail. This crowd was honestly coming from work in the GoC and we're asleep before the show even started. Heck, my friend and I thought that when they came back their acoustic set would consist of 3 lullabies.

And it didn't help that I had any hip support directly around me either. I mean here I am with a high ankle sprain and chronic back pain, trying to get this crowd into things, for Gord's sake, the band's and us the viewers. Was Gord ever asking for some love in the first set, but that he did not. Love was definitely a curse.

And to all those who said Sunday was a wicked show, 100% agreed. Setlist was f'n incredible, the band was tight and gord was in a franctic but 'happy, smilin' mood. And Monday, definitely ranks last of the 3, not because of another sick setlist (still not as sick as Sunday's but close), but more because of the crowd that threw off the band in the first set near the end of Daddy and that pretty much put the stamp on an awkward, and 'angry' Gord type first set.

Again, propos up to the crew and the band!!! Great stuff, happy to be there for all 3, and natually already epxeriencing Hip withdrawal.
Great Waiting List
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Great Waiting List »

Hey guys! I too was at this show and thought it was amazing. Although I was up on the Mezzanine and for some reason all three rows of people infront of my brother and I were sitting down AND the people behind us kept asking us to sit down. So, that wasn't so fun. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone got a recording of this show? I would be so appreciative.
markslog
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by markslog »

The audio recording of this show is now available here:

http://www.thehiptracker.com/details.php?id=355

27Sep09 The Tragically Hip
National Arts Centre - Ottawa, ON

Recording:
Neumann KM184s > Kind Kables Chameleon Ultra XLR cables > Grace Designs Lunatec V3 (HPF @ 1) > optical > Sony PCM-D50

Transfer:
direct to internal flash

Conversion:
Originally recorded at 48.0kHz/24-bits
Dithered down to 16-bits using Sound Forge 8.0
Re-sampled down to 44.1kHz with anti-alias filter using Sound Forge 8.0
Individual tracks cut up using CDWave 1.95 with DirectWAV conversion
WAV MD5 checksum created using MD5Summer v1.2.0.11
FLAC Files created using FLAC Frontend version 1.7.1 with level 8 encoding
FLAC Fingerprint created using FLAC Frontend version 1.7.1
FLAC MD5 checksum created using MD5Summer v1.2.0.11

Recorded/Transferred/Encoded by: [email protected]